Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Drink Bargain Alerts!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,805 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Tesco have the Midleton Single Pot Still Whiskey set for €30, if you fancy sampling the €250 euro a bottle Barry Crockett Legacy.

Also includes Green Spot, Redbreast 12 and Powers 12 John Lane.

Makes a great stocking filler :)

Confusingly, they name it as Jameson, but there's no Jameson!

Jameson Single Pot Still 4 X 50Ml - Groceries - Tesco Groceries

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Debub

Jameson for €18 in Dunnes and Tesco

Jack Daniels for €20 in SuperValu

The Midleton Pot Still set is now down to €25 in Tesco...

The Teeling trinity miniatures set is €12

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=299819231

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Has anyone tasted it, are they watering it down? Black bush €25 in Tesco now too.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Tonight in Lidl

Jameson = 15

Bushmills = 15

Smirnoff = 15

Own-brand vodka = 8

Castlegy own-brand gin = 7

• Advertisement

Lambay small batch whiskey 30e in Sweeneys D3

Post edited by odyssey06 on

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Tesco...

Robust winter warmer red from underrated Minervois Languedoc appelation on offer in OBriens for 12.95

Château de Girard Cuvée Arthur

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭ablelocks

makers mark bourbon - €35

Bushmills American Oak / Caribbean Rum - €25

Tesco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭donaghs

Just picked up 4 33cl rebel red ale in Lidl for €5.69. Usually they only reduce the 4 packs to 8 or 9. So can be a bit random.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭elderberry

Got a 4pk myself too, dated end of Feb which explains the extra reduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Dunnes have dropped prices on several Irish whiskeys.

Jameson Black barrel 30

Jameson caskmates 25

Jameson Crested 25

A few others also, but black barrel and crested are decent "Christmas" prices...

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Debub

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭mrm

Saw today in my local Tesco, Jameson Blackbarrel @ €30 and Redbreast 12yr @ €50 (I have not seen this reduced before). Check yer local.

3 posts since January.

MUP killed the drinks Bargain alerts

Yup....thanks to the nanny state. Wont stop alcoholics getting their fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭macvin

No it won't stop those who sadly have a dependency on alcohol.

It will however stop many people becoming like those who are dependent on alcohol and that will be seen in a few years.

It also has already seen a drop in anti social behaviour in many areas.

What you do see now is better quality beers, wines and spirits being sold at very attractive prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,849 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Bollox.

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

What you do see now is better quality beers, wines and spirits being sold at very attractive prices.

What? How?

It's almost doubled the price of some drinks and it's not as if the new pricing has meant that other, better quality brewers and distillers have entered the market? What's new that wasn't being sold before and is better than the previous offering?

• Advertisement

There's plenty of alcohol being sold at very attractive prices.

Just not in Ireland!

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

This is the wrong thread for that, - maybe head over to this thread as I would love to see a link to the stats for the two points that you have made

"It will however stop many people becoming like those who are dependent on alcohol and that will be seen in a few years.

It also has already seen a drop in anti social behaviour in many areas."

Writer's Tears is 35 euro in Tesco at the moment, for what I think is a very enjoyable drop - certainly one I like to come back to regularly.

Eagle Rare 10 is down to 42 euro in O'Briens for any fans..

These deals look good under MUP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,244 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'd be pretty confident that Tesco aren't selling below MUP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Mav11

I'm not sure about that.

Heineken: The 15 x 500ml cans @ 4.7% content for €26 = €1.73 per can.

MUP 500ml x .047 x .789 = 18.5415 grams @ .10c per gramme = €1.854 per can.?

If my maths are correct??

Don't tell anybody😎

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Heineken is 4.3%, that works out at 1.69635 per can so if I'm doing it correctly so they aren't selling below MUP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Mav11

If 4.3% then you are correct. Looking at the picture above it looks like it says 4.7% on the side of the pack!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I thought that too when I looked at the photo but the cans they are selling are definitely 4.3%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭9320

Lots of good deals in O'Briens - saw it in shop in Rathmines on Saturday - decent range with a decent discount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭donaghs

I don’t know how long deal has been going for or when it’s going to end, was in a Molloy’s Liquor store today and they had Sierra Nevada 4 packs for €5.50 and 12 packs for €15. There was only a few Hazy IPA and California IPA packs left. Staff said it had been going and selling well for over a week(?), but not sure when it was ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭toffeeshel

It’s short dated stock that the distributor is clearing out. Great value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭De Bhál

6 Belgian beers for €10 in Lidl

A selection of different brands. Careful, this stuff is deceptively strong as I found out about 5 years ago on my maiden discovery voyage on Belgian beer. Drank the 6 in an evening without paying any attention to alcohol content. I still remember the hangover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭perrier

Jameson Coopers Croze €42 in Tesco now, thinks it was €70.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Any sightings of this deal around dublin? The deal seems to be gone from their website so thinking I missed the boat on this...

Yesterday I got Green Spot whiskey reduced from €60 to €36 - this was in Tesco Oranmore (none left unless they restocked today)

checked the limerick stores today, but all at €60, so this may not be nationwide (yet?)

That's the kind of discount you see in Tesco on a discontinued line. Hard to say if it's just dropped in that store or all Tescos. Online it still shows at €60.

I see this Teeling miniature set as reduced to clear online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭bnt

In Lidl today I found some St-Feuillien Blonde beer (7.5%) at €8.99 for 4x33cl. I’m halfway through one and I think it’s better than Leffe.

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,541 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Reminds me, LIDL were also selling Leute Bockbier (which rates pretty well) for €3.99 for 4 bottles, which at 7.5% must be on the wrong side of legal, but right side of bargain!

• Advertisement

Shhhhhh!!! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Real Psycrow

Lidl also selling Gulden Draak triple at the moment, 4 pack for €10.99. You'll pay at least €4 a bottle for this in an off license.

Eagle rare 10 back at 40 euro in O'Briens

25% off champagne in Dunnes.

Jameson Coopers Crozer - reduced to clear from €70 to €28 in tesco

saw a label in Roxboro Limerick for it, but none on shelf and none in the other limerick stores either. Might be store specific, but may be available in other stores around the country.

the other versions, Blenders Dog and Distillers safe, are still marked and scanning at €70, but in a couple of the stores weren't on the shelf now - it could be that this range is not going to be sold anymore so these may also go on clearance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭flended12

I'll revive this thread as i recently put an order in with https://craftcentral.ie/collections/wheeler-dealer and in particualr their wheeler dealer section. Delighted with the purchases, especially the price on some.

Great service too from staff there as my online purchase effort wasnt working but a quick email and a phone call received.....beer on the way!!

Extremely limited audience, but who knows, may suit someone on here.

Joyce's knocknacarra (Galway) have about 50 percent off spirits as they are emptying the stock for tesco switchover. Be aware what is left is very, very limited, but if you want Irish craft gins for 25ish euro etc, maybe you'll want something they have.

I confess to purchasing the last of their Eagle Rare 10 at 29 euro, so I left very happy. No other bourbon or "mid to top shelf" stuff. For whiskey that was left, a few, not many. Johnnie walker white 25 euro (loads on shelf, I didn't bother with it after reading reviews). Sailors journey was 25, so grabbed that to try it. Loads of tipperary NAS at 30 euro which isn't different to Aldi reduction way back, didn't bother with it.

They had copperhead gin for 23 or 24 euro (500ml of course), so picked that up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 peckypiper

See there giving away a Free pint of Heineken silver In select pubs https://www.freepint.heineken.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭9320

powers three swallows - €30

jameson black barrel - €40

both in tesco

Powers Johns Lane - €54 in Dunnes (74 in Tesco/75 in supervalu)

• Advertisement
Advertisement