Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maiden - 3Arena 2023

Options
  • 06-10-2022 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭

Just announced -

Tickets on sale on friday 14th Oct

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Saw them at Download but in fairness that's a banger of a poster and really cool idea for a tour. And it's a Saturday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

Will definitely try to make this. Somewhere in Time was probably the first Maiden album I ever heard.

Loneliness of a Long Distance Runner and Alexander the Great will be epic live.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Will head along to this but not too happy wit the 'senjutsu' part of the set list, how many 15 minute epics from that album will they play 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Aladdin Sane

Re” Loneliness of a Long Distance Runner and Alexander the Great will be epic live” - Bruce alluded to “Alexander…” being added to the setlist when he did his book tour in the National Stadium. I’d say the chances of hearing TLOTLDR are zero.

• Advertisement

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Seen them back in 1983 on the Piece of Mind tour in Glasgow, a mental gig.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Saw them in 93 - The Real Live tour.

Memory is a bit hazy o fit, due to 'pit stops' into the pubs that used to be along the quay between the custom house bus stop and the Point ....

Dickinson got grief over the Union jack?

Did they walk off ??

*My brothers 1st gig - he and his friends (all 6-7 years younger than us 18yr olds) walked on to the Point as we were in one of the pubs - after a while i realised i had his ticket in my pocket .

No phones back then, so when we got there , bumped into them inside - He said he went up to a woman checking the tickets, and started to cry , and she let him in... 😂

I went out with him, to thank her and show that he had a ticket.

Strange how some memories/stories of gigs never leave ya.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Their show at Belsonic in June puts them at no 6 of my list of YTD favourites, but that's certainly not a bad position to be!

A few more pics from Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Saturday night price of accommodation in Dublin will be non runner for plenty. Be cheaper see them in England.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

€305 I'm paying for the Gibson or €205 premier inn temple bar as a back up depending how poor I am at the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Looks like the Gibson is booked out already on Booking.com and on their own website. The Mayson or Beckett Locke might be worth checking out as well as they normally come in cheaper than the Gibson.

I'm still debating myself whether or not to go. I have Hans Zimmer and Judas Priest in the 3Arena already the week and the fortnight before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

I wont be there, not a fan. Also - The union Jack stuff sticks with you

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It's the West Ham gear that bugs me....

In terms of hotel prices I always drive home after any gigs in Dublin (about 160km) or Belfast (over 300km)

One thing they have in Britain is cheap hotels at Motorway Service Stations, but alas there's none (that I am aware of) over here

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sly rax

Does anyone know the format of the tickets for the dublin show, is it physical tickets sent out in the post, e tickets with qr codes or your credit card is your ticket like they did in 2017?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Any news about support?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

tickets from €85 ......

😮

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Suvarnabhumi

Is that standing? I was just on Ticketmaster and couldn't see the prices. Won't see much change out of €100.

• Advertisement

Thats what the ad on the radio is saying ....

No prices on the ticketba***rd website yet ...AS USUAL !! 👿

Their official website says that they will be announced at a later date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I think they were €80 for standing at their last 3 Arena gig. If it's €85 for a standing now, I think that increase is to be expected.

I'm not saying its warrented but with the price of everything increasing, I would have been surprised if there was anything less than a €5 increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Maiden always have decent support, just hoping, nay praying, that Judas Priest management realise the Ozzy tour aint happening and jump on this

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Deadly - standing ticket now purchased

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Suvarnabhumi

Got my tickets this morning via the 3 app. The presale on my computer on the ticketmaster website didn't work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Standing Ticket sorted. Love the Somewhere In Time album - couldn't miss this.

That would be a dream support act and as someone with a ticket to the JP/Ozzy show, I wouldn't say no to a refund as I am only going for JP.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

A friend who lived in Japan for years sent me this note yesterday...

The short announcement video shows Samurai Eddie walking through a Blade Runner / Somewhere in Time like city.

Most of the neon signs just say Iron Maiden in Japanese katakana (アイアンメイデン). The ticker strip says Samurai 5 - Cyborg 5 instead of West Ham 7 - Arsenal 3. So plenty of chatter, people think a set list will be five songs from Somewhere In Time, five from Senjutsu, plus the usual end/encore (FOTD, IM, NOTB, HBTN, ...).

Sounds like a great show!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Picked up two god awful seated tickets on 3 plus. My 7 year old wants to come with me so standing wasn't an option.

Up and down from Waterford same day I reckon with the way the hotels are gone. I remember the last gig I was at there, it took 90 minutes to get out of the car park at the 3 arena.

Still though... Maiden ! Worth it.

Advertisement