Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonald's offers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭slippinjmmy

used

yes used 71751405 for the EV and Happy Meal in Carrickmines the other day came to €9.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

€4 EV meal and €3 coffee + McMuffin working in Midleton yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

The 4 euro code worked perfectly again. Dose having to do 4 orders and the person at counter wondering why

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Rather than getting a happy meal, I get the kids a EV nugget meal.

Yeah, there's no toy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Not a meal but McPlant and medium fries code is 71173405

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭feargantae

The €4 EV meal worked in Carlow drive thru. Cheapest lunch in a long time 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Individual stores definitely seem to have the ability to shut down codes as they see fit. Tried the 2 codes for a 4 euro EV meal and neither would work. Then tried a code for a 2 euro quarter pounder and that didnt work either. Finally a 2 euro Big Mac code did work. That was the branch just outside the Square in Tallaght. Anyone know what the city centre branches are like, any codes not working?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Mobius2021

Pain in the balls to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭rtron

How do you give/enter the codes when in the drive through?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭feargantae

I told the girl on the speaker I'd a code. She asked which one and i said the €4 EV medium meal, then she asked me what burger/drink i wanted. That was it. She didn't ask to see any code or anything like that. Interestingly it was €4 outright, no sugar tax put through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

definitely 2 euro for the big mac? it had gone to 2.50 a while ago, I have not bothered to check if it dropped again. The 3euro deal for big mac etc and chips went to 4.20 and back to 3 now.

It seems to change in places throughout the day too, like at lunch time you might not be able to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 swejaysus

I've had codes not work on certain days at certain stores and then work at the same store the next day. I went to my local one two days ago to try the 4 euro EV meal code and it said it wasn't available, but then tried it again today and it was working fine. It was significantly busier on the day it didn't work, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Re city centre branches, I've tried the 4 euro one on Grafton Street a few times and it's worked each time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

71163000 (the older code) still works for the €2 quarter pounder. Changing 7 to an 8 makes it €2.50

€4 ev meal code 7/8 not working.

€2 ¼lb not working.

€2.50 ¼lb not working.

Ballincollig.

€3 ¼lb did work

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

€4 EV meal worked for me yesterday in Tralee. No upgrade fee for a latte as the drink, which is an extra bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭lau1247

Yep, didn't work for me either €4 EV Meal.. it was even in the App itself yet when scanned on the manned till, it indicated not valid.. good times are over it seems..

At least the 9 piece chicken nugget still works.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭kisugem

Neither €4 EV meal or €2 1/4 pounder worked in Shannon today. Good days are over.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

4 euro ev meal 71766102 was working in Shannon 30 minutes ago, as well as the 9 nuggets. The meal one I used to get is gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭con747

Good to see, it's never over until the politically correct person sings.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah it was definitely 2 euro for a Big Mac. I have two codes for a Big Mac on my phone, the old one (71111902) and the new one (71750200). Im 90% sure it was the old one that worked at 2 euro, that may not work in all branches though but it did for me in the one just outside the Square Tallaght.

yeah just to add to this was in the Naas branch today and had a craving for a Big Tasty for 4 euro which was on the app so I activated it. Scanned the barcode at the screen and it was offer not valid, then I manually inputted the 8 digit code and got them same. I wasnt giving up so went to the counter and the server there scanned the barcode and it did work this time, even got bacon on it which I dont think was included on the app offer.

Its all a bit bizarre with some codes working in some branches and others not, its hard to know whats behind it be it software glitches or stores actually ensuring certain codes cannot be used. In any case with that list of codes that @mikeecho put together for us around about three quarters of the entire McDonalds menu is discounted in some form or other and the discounts themselves are up to about 40% off regular prices. So people wont be going hungry so long as theyre not extremely fussy for a specific burger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

Initially both €4 EV meal codes didn't work in Tramore road Cork yesterday. Eventually for some reason after a few attempts the one starting in 8 worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭gussieg

Just tried 4 ev code in 2 restaurants, no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Ozvaldo

codes not working in turners cross boo for evm 7 or 8

its done i reckon -downloaded app as a last resort nowt on that also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Too many posts almost causing me panic attacks with these live updates claiming the €4 is dead. If it dies let it die quietly and enjoy the memories

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭con747

Exactly, this happens every few months and people start the big panic about it. Posters above used the codes in the past day or so.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

I'm the OP.

I'm not causing panic.. but the codes are dieing a death.

I presume that next month I'll have a list of new codes with a new price list.

I'll probably create a new thread, to avoid code confusion .

Or I might just keep it all under my hat.

We'll see.

T'was good while it lasted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Bif

Please do. I really enjoyed a couple of €4 EVs. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭gussieg

Thanks for all the ev meals I've had so far. ..

Tbh...living on baked beans on toast from now on might be healthier for me, but not half as much fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

Fair play this has been one of the best bargain alerts I have seen on boards you have saved us lots of money.

Advertisement