Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

And... risk their own safety in the operations too.

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I hadn't heard the news so just reading it there now that ye mentioned it, awful incident, hoping for the best for everyone involved.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'd been in la-la land the last two days, first thing i spotted was activity on twitter about it, horrible time of day with schools letting out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Pension day also and the Post Office is located there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Smurf....very sorry to hear of your beloved dog’s sudden demise. 😢

I loved the great photos of him that you’d post up here.

Losing a dear pet be can be like a death in the family. We had a Golden Retreiver as our family dog back in the 1980s - she lived to be 14 and was a wonderful dog. 💕 Cherish the happy memories of your dear dog and know that you gave him a loving home.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

@smurfjed really sorry to hear your news. I think he was the happiest looking dog I've ever seen. He had a great life with you.

There's a thread about it in the Donegal forum. Someone mentioned there that as the area is rural alot of first responders would have been part-time/volunteers it adds another dimension to it.

There's also an aerial photo of the scene. You can see the limp solar panels hanging where a building once stood.

There's another picture of farmers removing the rubble.

Totally heartbreaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,410 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Does anyone find it a bit odd, that residential dwellings are literally about 8 - 10 meters away from the storage and transfer points of tens of thousands of litres of highly flammable liquids ? Also not side on, they are face / front on…. I know little about planning regulations but common sense health and safety….. ?

• Advertisement

Quite a common layout tbh. Not that we want to get bogged down in that really i think.

Alot of garages are built next door to residential premises.

However in this case looking at the pictures I don't think it was the flammable liquids that caused the explosion....well not the ones in the pumps.

At this point it really makes no odds. An investigation will be had and new safety measures will be enforced going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Let's be very thankful that we can all go to bed safely tonight.

Sleep well, friends.

To thine own self be true

MOD NOTE We'll not be getting into speculation here

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

@smurfjed I can only offer you my condolences as Mutt was and is a beautiful dog and a much loved part of our Wherer’s community. I always looked forward to his photos and how he loved trips in the truck. He was such a happy chappy and that smiley face said it all. He was loved by us all ❤️❤️

Also very sad the news coming from Donegal

Oh man so sorry to hear that Smurf. You could tell how fond of him you were. That's really sad and a big loss for you. Wishing you all the best at this tough time.

Tough night, pain flare. Thankfully out the gap shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Last night happened to be the closest night stop to Nairobi on our trip, so a very quick 2 hour trip had us at the airport 4 hours before our flight.

I'm so sorry this has happened, it's just so tough, I feel for ye, I really do.. Go easy on yourselves for as long as you need..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

Kitchen table....just done a sneaky throw out of shite that i call rubbish, have to do it while the ladies of thr house ( the hoarders) arent around....

Anyway, was watching the film Erin Brochavich last night with the eldest chick, she's 13, when, in the film, julia roberts said she had to give hundreds of blow jobs to get information........awkward as hell, Dads aren't built for these moments. I just wanted to disappear. Dont know if the chick copped it or not but said nothing.

Only two of us watching the film......

Gonna watch tv on my own in future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The sun is shining , it's a beautiful day, it really is the little things that make a difference ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

It sure is the little things Mam. I’m sitting in a little sheltered corner of the garden reading my book with a cup of coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Still in bed after a very long and much-needed sleep after a hectic and very long work week. Today will very much be a duvet day (taking your cue, Duvet! 😁) 🥰 😁 😴 🛌 I shall be wearing my toweling bathrobe I bought from the hotel in Spain and doing Sweet F.A.

The Donegal explosion tragedy is just shocking, heartbreaking and the news gets worse as updates come in. 10 fatalities announced. 😢 My heart goes out to the people of Creeslough and Donegal who must be in severe shock and grief. 🕯🙏

Post edited by JupiterKid on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

Kitchen table...i did move by the way 😁😁

For some reason my hotmail is not receiving emails since Wednesday...cant figure out why....has anyone evee tried contacting microsoft to sort it out...oh my god, going around in circles..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I second this post. You certainly gave that dog a very good life. Such a pity it happened when you were away but it seems there was nothing to be done for him.

Will miss the pictures of his happy face.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

They’re still waiting on the batch of sausage rolls you promised them 😉😄

My Facebook has stopped working too..... trying to figure out if I want to fix it 😂....the only thing it's good for these days is keeping me informed on a hobby I like.

JK, nothing better than a Duvet day, I'd do it every day if I could hence if I'm not working I make an appointment for early in the morning somewhere, if I ever win the lotto I'll never leave my bed.😁

Left the house at 8.30am and just home, great day, hair done, few coffees, retail therapy and the weather was fantastic, I'm the coldest person around but was sweating at times.

I'd actually love to be going out for a few hours now, was out all last weekend and I've got a taste for it, plenty housework to be done but.......☺️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Visiting a loved one in hospital today and she's doing well. Hopefully she keeps improving. 🙏🙏🙏

Was a beautiful day. Very warm and sunny. Even the hospital was pleasant. I think the sun is a great uplifter. There's Always The Sun as the song goes. So true.🌞🌞🌞

Had a load of rubbish to eat cause I was travelling and ... excuses ... Latte, chips, diet coke 😝, dairy milk choc.

But we can't be good all the time. 🐱

Having a cup of tea now with that dairy milk. It's amazing what you can do with milk. And from Coolock too 👍🍫☕🍫☕

Advertisement