Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best area for immigrants in Kildare

Options
  • 07-10-2022 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16 LovelyDublin

Hi everyone,

A few questions:

1 - How welcoming are people in Kildare? For immigrants (Any type from refugees to whom work for big tech companies)

2 - Which area is the best one? Safety, Schools, Amenities and Access to roads and train/bus station.

3 - Which areas has new developments?

4 - Which areas mostly occupied by young couples from Dublin?

5 - Are there any criminals there?

Please answer my questions by considering real life there. As an immigrant it will be very hard to change the situation if you make a wrong decision.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Kildare is a big county, what part/town are You thinking of?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would say Maynooth but I lovedit there.

1 - How welcoming are people in Kildare? For immigrants (Any type from refugees to whom work for big tech companies)

As with anywhere it depends on how you plan to integrate too, I think the bigger the area the easier it is for foreigners.

2 - Which area is the best one? Safety, Schools, Amenities and Access to roads and train/bus station.

I loved living in Maynooth. There are 5 primary schools - 1 catholic all boys,1 catholic all girls, 1 catholic -Gaelscoil (education through the medium of irish) 1 educate together school , 1 multidnominational Gaelscoil , 3 secondary schools.

There is a commuter train,BUs Eireann,and Dublin Bus (see taxsaver.ie for commuting costs)

3 - Which areas has new developments?

All of Kildare does

4 - Which areas mostly occupied by young couples from Dublin?

This is a hard question as young couples from Dublin are all over the country as they can not afford Dublin, Maynooth,Sallins,Kildare Town,Newbridge

5 - Are there any criminals there?

There are criminals everywhere. Violent crime is low, burglary rates are high.

Everything Moonbeam says I agree with - except in my case I would substitute Newbridge instead of Maynooth. I’m certain every town in the County has its own pluses & minuses - hence the reason for me asking about which town You are referring to.

Im also not sure why the emphasis on ‘immigrants’ suffice to say I have African , South African, Indian, & Eastern European neighbours. And where these people come from is irrelevant. I have never seen any resentment towards non Irish and ( again only speaking for Newbridge ) there are lots of nationalities around.

Post edited by WishUWereHere on

• Registered Users Posts: 16 LovelyDublin

Honestly I don't know Kildare and it's areas much but I was thinking about Leixlip, Maynooth, Newbridge and maybe Naas. Closer to Dublin better for me.

Thanks for your perfect answer! So you believe it worth it to move to Kildare as a first time buyer?

• Advertisement

Why you prefer Newbridge instead of Maynooth?

I emphasised immigrants because I don't have any vision about people and their behavior with immigrants outside of Dublin. Honestly Irish people are very welcoming people and I haven't seen any bad behavior, I just want to make sure there isn't any big problem. Because I saw a thread about Ukranian people and the protest the people was going to do that.

sorry maybe I phrased it wrong. Moonbeam endorses Maynooth. I would never dispute that as I know very little about Maynooth. I’m from Newbridge and that’s why I said I substituted Newbridge for Maynooth.

As for immigrants? All I can say with honesty is any race is welcome in my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭pad199207

Most areas are good in Kildare. If possible try and get into one of the North Kildare towns if ya can Maynooth, Naas, Celbridge etc. The proximity to Dublin is an advantage but that shows in the house prices in those areas unfortunately.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Yes,I think it is a wonderful place to live and raise a family.

I am now an immigrant in another country and I would like to think that you would be treated well in Kildare:)

I don't really know Newbridge except for shopping and cinema but it is a lot further from Dublin,not in the Dublin area commuter area and that is the extent of my knowledge!

You have joined boards this morning. You have suggested this website here &

Im not saying there is anything wrong with this site You mention, but WHY would they require someone checking them out to register?

Something not right here I think.

EDIT:On reflection I ask myself why you mention a ‘new county’ but no mention of the city/town/village/area? I’m a suspicious person by nature& I for one won’t be registering to this ‘site’ anytime.

• Advertisement

• matter is dealt with.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Same poster. Personally I’m not registering, cannot understand how a site needs one to register to access information about a specific area. Ireland isn’t that big that one doesn’t know where is/not a respectable area.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

MOD NOTE: Please don't go to that website until it & the poster who shared it is checked out.

Gaspode, the poster also started a thread similar to above this morning ( that’s actually what twigged my suspicions )

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

User banned so above posts might look a little odd! Thanks for reporting folks, we don't need people shilling their scams on here.

Thanks everyone for helping me here! I finally decided to move to Leixlip! It seems very quiet and lovely area. Buy Dublin and Hello Kildare/Leixlip!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭maninasia

No school places on Maynooth..or very few..

Advertisement