Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from Ulster Bank to...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Munstersrebel

i moved to the Credit Union and its fine. Only drawback is my salary hits my ac onmonday morning rather than friday morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭barry181091

Trying to move my mother to AIB and its a nightmare. She has no passport or driving license but does have a free travel card (All in one card with PSC). Told by a cashier that this was fine for persons over 66. Great, booked an appointment and went in. Nope, they will only accept a Free Travel Card on its own. Not a FTC with PPC card all in one. The reasoning was something along the lines of "it displays too much personal information". I was dumbfounded. How is this not valid ID? Absolutely ridiculous.

I see this on BOI's site:

We are unable to accept:

• Public Service Card – under law we can’t use this as proof of PPSN or identity

Which law is this!? What is the point of this bloody card so!?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

I believe it was the Social Welfare Consolidation Act 2005. The good citizens were opposed to the idea of national identity cards and their elected representatives agreed.

This would be the same people who brought you the passport identity card that can only be obtained along with a passport, so takes as long to get as the passport, while in the of Europe you can get them at local government offices in a matter of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭faolteam

Can someone tell me Is the Ulster Bank Deadline Extended please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭rameire

accounts that were due to become non-operational on October 8, will now not become so until or after November 4.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Slideways

Just for some people info. I am on tracker and rang the bank, my acc isn’t closing until January

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,066 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

And just for clarity, that doesn't apply to all on tackers. Accounts are being closed in blocks. You should have received notice from UB giving your particular date. If in doubt, contact them. Do not assume it's January simply because you are on a tracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭vickers209

i got an email back in june informing me my close date is christmas eve 24th December

Have everything noved now fo ptsb just need to close account or wail till its closed for me

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Are people leaving small amounts of money in their accounts to cover any fees due? Something in the line of €10 or €20? I have cleared off my credit card, moved over my salary and moved out most of my money last month. I think all I'll owe is the €2 monthly maintenance fee for October but not sure if I'm missing something. I have no loans with Ulster and no direct debits on the account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,639 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Fùck them and their fees

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

I think the credit card stamp duty was added to my card in April, that's paid. The debit card one, I think Ulster Bank took €5 from my current account in January for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭jj880

I left in 20 euro. They charged me 1.50 and moved the rest to my new account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭geotrig

i thought the same as well only to have been hit with the stamp duty of €30 while they closed my main account , slight pain having to arrange to have to then transfer money to pay that ! this was only last week but am still to receive a letter to say i've payed this stamp duty to offset to my aib cc.

Someone from Ulster Bank rang me today about closing my account. They rang me from an 087 number which I thought was a bit odd so I didn't really go into any detail with them and kept it vague enough. I asked about the stamp duty and they said it would be payable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I was trying to transfer some money out of my Ulster Bank account but it seems I need a card reader.

So I ordered one last week and this morning I received a letter from customs looking for 5.56 for the card reader as it was sent from the UK.

Farcical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭jj880

Farcical olrite.

You try the app? I've moved to EBS but from what I remember you can get away with phone security to add a new payee. No card reader needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭Zardoz

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

🤔🤔🤔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭badbeatcentral

Has anyone received correspondence yet from PTSB following transfer of their mortgage from UB?

I got a notification on my UB App at the start of the week that my mortgage was included in the transfer, however nothing received from PTSB on how to access/manage my mortgage. I don't do my daily banking with PTSB so won't have a Open24 login already. Also no correspondence on whether i need to do anything with my Direct Debit/Standing Order details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,475 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

In the same boat. Rang PTSB and was given three different numbers to call and all were useless and I ended up giving up.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Ditto

Lost access to mortgage on App

Turns out mortgage already transferred.

Letter today from UB informing us it has been transferred.

They say it may be 3 weeks until PTSB send out confirmation of new account details!

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

So PTSB are treating us as existing customers and therefore we are only eligible for some of the worst rates on the market. I had a fixed rate of 2.3% with UB expiring 31/12/22. So was hoping to fix as a switcher for the new year and PTSB had some attractive options, until I called in and was told we are existing customers and the absolute best rate is 2.8%, BOI up until a few days ago had a rate of 1.9% that we qualified for. I started the application so I'm wondering if I will still be able to get that rate. Of course I will also have to have the house valued and pay solicitor fees, but over 4 years I will still save money.

Anyone here just sticking with PTSB and their existing customer rates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Have switched from UB to AIB and I'm just manually setting up my payees on the AIB website (from a desktop) but it only allows me to add one payee / day - when I try to add a second one, it throws an error (Technical difficulties have occurred. Please try later. (Ref: SE01)) and logs me out (You are not logged in to AIB Internet Banking. Please continue to log in again with your details.); even when I log back in, it gives the same error. Anyone else experiencing this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,639 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Redacted.

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

You should've been charged 10 times that for your language.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Closed my last UB account this morning after nearly 30 years.

Two minutes later logged onto my AIB app (moved my accounts there a few months ago) and couldn't get in.... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

I'm now with Bunq since the end of May.

I gradually moved all direct debits across to ensure it went smoothly.

Not a bother. Good app, push notifications everytime anything happens on the account, can't fault it at all.

Took 10min to set up.

Finally closed UB account last month.

Advertisement