Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

You can still get tickets but it's not as straightforward anymore. Tickets are loaded onto phones and scanned at the turnstile. No paper tickets or plastic fan cards anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Robert2014

Shows what we are up against. That's 2 and a half times Salah's wages which we haggled over for so long and about 4 times Van Dijk's and Alisson's wages to my recollection. The only way we can compete is if we spot a Haaland's talent early, otherwise we've little chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Arthur picked up a muscle injury before the Rangers match. Looks like we signed another sick note. He will fit right in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Wtf goes on at our training sessions

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Yeah I was over twice last year and had to use the membership and phone for the ticket! Hopefully I’ll find one knocking about adverts or done deal 🤞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Being a sick note seems to be part of the club's criteria for signing "the right players ".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I love Klopp so much..

‘We have to defend the sh1t out of everybody we face’

“You can not now say ‘now we are back’, we need consistency, and for consistency we need to defend the… rubbish out of everybody,”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,492 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Many articles after the Rangers game called it, 4-4-2, 4-5-1, 4-2-3-1, what was it, it is what you want it to be I guess. In reality it does put 5 bodies in midfield area, but 3 are for breaking out, occupying space, being an offensive nuance . What ever it was it's the way to go against Arsenal, pack the midfield area, 2 sitters, 3 ahead, with Nunez up front

After listening to Klopp at the presser it looks like the team will be switching between systems to make them more unpredictable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Honestly i don't see us doing it against Arsenal

The 2 Cm will have to much work to do helping out the full backs , Ranger didn't control the ball long enough to do that Arsenal will for good spells, It'll work when we are the far superior team in possession or the opposite attacks are central ,

Secondly Salah ends up playing very deep , If you watch Arsenal left back Zincencho likes to come inside and play as an inverted full back like he did at City, He finds himself almost as a left sided 6 , Arsenal have played with him there all season & a lot of there attacking patterns are based off him in that position , Its why Whyte plays RB because he actually tucks in & they end up with 3 CB's

Now if we get Salah to cheat & start very high on right it throws Arsenal patterns off, He is to quick for Zinchenko to just leave so he has to revert to a proper LB position or Gabriel will have to come right across to Mo leaving space around Saliba ,

IF they make Gabriel cover which i think they will i want Jota to play over Diaz , as he will stay high & get himself between Whyte & Saliba , Then for our 9 we can go Bobby to drop or Nunez to go in behind ,

The fact Arsenal are doing so well may play into our hands as they may just continue to play as they have been with a very very high line which will suit us ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

It would be nice to change it up every now again because for all our issues, form of certain players been the major problem. We have become very stagnate and to predicable to face against the last few months. Didn't Ancoletti all but admit that Liverpool were the easiest team to prepare for of all the teams he faced in the knock-out stages due to how "decipherable" we were. The blueprint to beat us is very straight forward and most teams we play now set up the same way against us now. Sit deep and get numbers out wide and behind when you win the ball back.

This weekend will be interesting, Arsenal will be one of the few teams we face who will be willing to meet us on that half way line. We should definitely get chances but we have to be very disciplined at the back. Saka and Martinelli will relish taking on our full backs and Jesus will give a below par VVD plenty to worry about. I'd love a convincing win but I take anything on offer at this stage. It's mad to think a loss will put us 14 points behind Arsenal after only 8 games!

All that is true but when we are on form its still very very hard to beat us , How many defeats last season 3 in all comps ? ?

If we loser the weekend Arsenal will finish above us , 14 points is basically 5 wins , i know we have a game in hand so 4 but it'll be very very hard to catch them ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

Lads, any recommendations for hotel for me and the son in Liverpool on a Saturday night? We are over for the match v Southampton on 12th November but struggling to find somewhere reasonably priced - probably should have booked months ago.

Check Air bnb,

Try Z- hotel or Easy hotel but very basic but do the job & are cheap and very central but that depends on your young lads age, there not places where you'd want to be spending much down time in the rooms .

Outside of that your looking at your normal hotels for 250 or more at this stage on a Saturday night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Cheap hotels don't exist in Liverpool anymore on a Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,492 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I actually think we are more solid with 2-3-1, or call it 5-1 , forget the names of the people involved, bottom line they fill spaces and are good on the ball when we get it, we'd concede less, and score less 1-0 to the Pool

No sign of Thiago in training today😬😬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I thought we were going to try and be unpredictable? That’s all too predictable, unfortunately

Marca, Madrid mouthpiece reporting that Bellingham will be available for €100m next summer and he will be a Galactico.

Bellingham is determined to join Madrid.

We may be but i don't think we can say we "are " it was one game at home against Rangers they are Championship level ,

I don't think we can judge it fairly either way on that one game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I'm so cynical at the moment I'm not sure I even care if he goes to Madrid

Why does anyone think what Marca prints is newsworthy? It’s the mouthpiece for RM and their favourite method for flying kites relating to prospective purchases. It’s no better than getting news off a toilet door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

So if Bellingham goes to Madrid, does that mean Klopp waits another year to sign “the right player” instead? We’ll end up with zero midfielders in the squad at this rate. Get someone in t’fück.

A poster who links the Daily Mail using that rag as newsworthy complaining about someone linking Marca lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Damien360

€100-150m on one midfielder won’t fix the issues. The experienced midfield is old and it also has too many hospital cases.

There is far too much sentiment (from the fans and club) with regard to players and giving them new contracts. More than one should have been loudly thanked for their amazing contributions and sent on their way.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭WillmaDickfit

3-1 Arsenal win tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Cheers, have you tonight's Lotto numbers too by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭WillmaDickfit

that's near impossible to predict the winning numbers, you have 1 in 10,737,573 chance of winning the Irish Lottery where as a 3-1 Arsenal win is 14/1 (paddy power) xxx

Happy Klopp 7th anniversary day!

• Advertisement

I actually like the sports section of the Mail, and plenty of other papers are reporting on his wage, are they the mouthpiece for Man City or any other club in the same vein as Marca are for Madrid? Do tell.

A good start for Alonso in his first match a 4-0 win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

I know it sounds crazy this early in the season but lose tomorrow and top 4 is looking pretty unlikely for me. It would mean city and arsenal are basically both uncatchable. Leaving two spots with spurs Chelsea and United all in far better positions than us.

How has it come to running city so close last season, 2 games away from a quadruple to this season maybe not qualifying for Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,111 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Oh jesus, talk about bad luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

At least it is a loan

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Luck favours the prepared.

Playing the percentages on injuries/transfers is how we are here. This game of injury musical chairs is the height of stupidity.

Constantly trying to squeeze every ounce out every player has them tired and stressed.

Sickening.

Liverpool's transfer strategy has been lauded over the last 6 or so years, but the last few years have actually been bad, in a way.

2 senior players signed in the last 2 summer windows is fairly coming back to bite them now. Big changes needed in midfield and the club are already one step behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Pat_bottom

I think many people could see this coming. He had a terrible injury record in the past and when you sign someone like that to fill gaps in a squad then the inevitable will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Welcome to Liverpool Arthur...

Sit down there over beside Naby...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Summer transfer window looking worse as time goes on.

Julian Wards first window will go down as one of the worst in history & not all his fault

Have to feel for the player

Surely we can't cancel the loan ? What happens with his rehab then, surely the club will at least help the lad get over a bad injury before waving good bye ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Nunez this Summer 2022.

Diaz in January 2022.

Konate in Summer 2021.

Jota, Thiago and Tsimiskas in Summer 2020.

So over the last three years we've refreshed the forward line well, added an excellent young CB (behind two excellent and one very good CB at the time) and added a genuine starter as cover for LB.

One midfielder in January 2020 and then getting another CM this summer should have been the priority and even if we'd managed get Tuchomeni this summer we'd be looking a bit better.

Alternatively, summer signings over the last 4 summers;

19/20: 1 reserve keeper, 2 teenagers

20/21: Thiago, Jota, Tsimikas

21/22: Konate

22/23: Nunez, 2 teenagers

That's not enough senior players being signed. 1 midfielder signed in 4 years, who, while being great was also 29. It has left the midfield in a horrible position right now.

Of course Tchouameni would have changed things, but it didn't happen. We are on course to lose 3 midfielders this summer, how many do you envisage coming in? If Bellingham comes in, it will be Bellingham only and nobody else. That means nobody replacing Bobby either.

Current midfield for next season is:

Fabinho (29)

Hendo (33)

Thiago (32) (last year of contract iirc)

Elliott (20)

Jones (22)

The lack of midfielders signed is getting shown up now. 1 was needed, at least, this summer and it didn't happen. That was also in addition to needing 1 or 2 more next summer which is now increased. Curtis Jones can't be relied on for fitness. Hendo Fabinho Thiago are all pushing on.

There should be more summers like 20/21 in terms of squad refresh. Quality additions in different areas. Not 1 player in 1 area each summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That's what I'm saying, we should have added a midfielder in January 2020 and one in Summer 2022. Then Bellingham in Summer 2023. That's refreshing your midfield.

Up top we're actually ok with Jota, Diaz, Nunez, Salah and Bobby.

AM were ok with Elliot and Carvahlo.

DF is fine with Robbo, Tsimiskas, VVD, Matip, Gomez, Konate, TAA and now Ramsey.

Where we're lacking is CM with Fabhino, Henderson, Thiago and Keita. But add a CM in January 2020 and Summer 2022 and your covered very well. Then in Summer 2023 Keita moves on and Bellingham comes into the starting 11.

Mad how decision can snowball and cause so many further problems down the line.

Been thinking about this a bit lately and it's kind of like the club, under Klopp, outgrew the transfer policy of FSG. Don't get me wrong, I think the transfer policy had been great.

Buying players about to explode to the next level, ready to progress in their careers (Allison, VVD, Fabinho, Salah, Mane). Or buying players that could/would play to a high level while being undervalued in the transfer market (Matip, Robbo, Gini etc).

When the club then started competing at the top table for the PL & CL regularly, the transfer policy had to change to that of a superclub but that's where the problems have started. They weirdly regressed in transfer strategy instead of maintaining or progressing. The senior signings are not as plentiful. The exploiting value in senior players doesn't seem to be happening now. Kids and loans are very prominent now. Signing kids is sound, but they have to be in addition to the top level signings when you are a superclub.

Konate's release clause was met, Diaz transfer fee was a fair chunk, maybe even a small bit above market value, but I'm ok with that and Nunez was very high. While these are players ready to step up, they are not really plentiful. They are the only senior players across the last 4 windows.

The club wouldn't sign any of Robbo, Matip, Gini now. They definitely wouldn't sign a Shaqiri now. These were important in the squad building process.

Instead, the club is trying to be too smart and 'do enough' without acting or doing enough. Milner is still retaining a regular starting position, (remember how quickly Lucas & Joe Allen were shipped out when surplus to requirements) Nat Phillips started in the league this season (read Sakho, Skrtel).

The club isn't acting like a superclub in the transfer market. A couple of small tweaks changes it completely and that's the frustrating bit. Tchouameni in the summer and all of a sudden it's a brilliant window and the midfield is refreshed and so is the squad mentality refreshed. Energised.

Is there another top club with so many injuries consistently ruling players out?

Look at Arsenal if they had 3 injuries they would be in trouble, We had what 12 at the same time at one stage already this season ,

I must say I am really looking forward to the game today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I'm looking forward to the game. For the first time in a long time (am I correct?), Arsenal have zero fear playing Liverpool.

I think Arsenal will win.

I think it's time for Nunez to be starting games. He's itching to play and doesn't seem short of confidence whatsoever (regardless of what the papers say).

Will be interesting to see how the team is set up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement