Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Is there a way to have your dipped heads on when you start the car without turning them on manually and then having to turn them off when you stop?

I know auto is the default setting but I prefer to have them on while driving.

couldnt see a setting for this in the car so might not be a runner.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭wassie

How much is a subscription? Asking for a friend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Up in Ticknock today doing some mountain biking and some fool had left a large bag of dog sh1t on the boot of a Blue Tesla Model 3 (not mine). Is this even a thing here, damaging Teslas / doing things to piss owners off?. Hope it’s not getting like the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭JOL1

Never tested the ID3 in real life to see max but the indicated KM's when fully charged is usually around 440/450 kms, although in real life driving i think you would be hard pressed to achieve this. For the Mod 3 you indicate a max of 439km which makes me think you are referring to what the display shows when fully charged (this is most likely EPA indicative range which is very general). I find a more reliable indicator is by using the Energy Monitor app in the car which estimates the range which takes account of your individual driving style based on your average over the previous 10km 25km or 50KM (you select). This can go up or down from the 439 (mostly down) but as you adjust your driving style you can see the impact on range if this were to be sustained. Perhaps you know all of this but I was reacting to the 439km in your message

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,042 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Maybe the Tesla owner picked up the **** and left it on the boot rather than put it in the car and stink it up for the drive home?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bilasy

thanks for the explanation, no I actually didn’t know any of that , again I tend to compare the M3 with the ID3, in the later I solely rely on the mileage displayed, so up until now I also do the same with the M3 , tbh M3 is literally 3 weeks old so many things I’m learning and exploring ( like a toy for a child’s) I must admit the energy app is one item I didn’t even clicked on once , may be will do that tomorrow.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

I'd imagine that's FSD not autopilot? Presume you're talking about the US?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

3 separate times the speed was limited on my drive down from the north today. First time it limited me to 61mph and as I drove along it reduced again to 58 then to 56.

Squeaky suspension fix only worked for a few miles then came back. Need a few bits looked at before I go mad with it.

It would appear it’s going that way unfortunately. I’ve seen a few instances where Tesla are you been “picked on” if you get me.

It’s mad the hatred of Teslas and particularly the SuC network is over in the Irish EV owners Facebook group etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,978 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Luke Cooper Pern Hob, not difficult to find. Seems they're based in Florida, and Florida allows texting, phone use, read a book, frying a meal, playing a tennis match, if autopilot is engaged, so not illegal it seems. Also driving while naked in legal in Florida, so I guess they done their research 🙃

• Registered Users Posts: 35,978 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

FSD blow job's haha 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

Just found out this morning that you activate the heated side mirrors (which were needed this morning) by turning on the heated rear windscreen. Strange one, but that's where it is...

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Thanks, good to know, 3 times this morning in the space of 6-7Km, my wing mirrors fogged up, they cleared up themselves fairly quickly, but nice to happen on a motorway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Regarding the wipers which i had to use a lot yesterday - they really are a pain. The auto wipers are very poor and are pretty much unusable in any sort of heavy rain. It's mad to think that they are this bad when the tach in some parts of the car is so amazing.

It's mental how i have so much phantom wiping on AP but then they don't come on quick enough when its actually raining lol

Look, i've had other cars where the auto wipers were nothing to write home about but at least they were adjustable on the stalk - the fact that you need to use the touch screen to alternate between speed settings is just a right pain and quite dangerous in reality.

Simple solution would be to be able to click the wiper button to toggle between speeds - this would mean you could change the settings without having to take your eye off the road.

Anyone know if i am missing something and there is a way to toggle the speeds by using the stalks or buttons?

On a lighter note i was wondering how i would find having no rear wiper - this morning i realised our 2nd car actually has none either and i've lived with that unnoticed for the last 6 years haha

I wonder how much other stuff i just would never think about only for the fact the Tesla gets so much scrutiny online etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Rear visibility is pretty bad in general on the Model 3. I'm quite tall, so it's acceptable, but the way the back curves up means my wife can't see anything at all. It's a little awkward using a combination of turning on the back cam and using the mirrors when wanting rear visibility. I don't think wipers would change or help a whole lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

I've just replaced the wiper blades and the new ones seem to perform better than the original ones. Regarding the lazy wiping I find if wipe few times manually it kinda get into the rhythm by itself. Ref phantom wiping I squirt screen wash when it happens and most of the time but not always it solves the issue. When not solving I stop them and turn them back on auto at the next traffic light. If you press the button to manually wipe, the wiper menu appears so it is easy to just press off or auto without searching around the menus.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Not sure if you are aware, but you can bring up the wiper menu by half or full pressing the screen wash button (activating a wipe brings up the wiper menu).

I know it doesn't solve your issue as you still need to look at the screen, but doing this means you already have the wiper menu up so only 1 press is needed to change the setting as opposed to going into a deeper menu to find the same options...

And in a similar vein, a flash of the headlights brings up a small lights menu in the same place as the wipers menu so you can adjust the setting, rather than having to open the main menu to do it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Ref phantom wiping I squirt screen wash when it happens and most of the time but not always it solves the issue. When not solving I stop them and turn them back on auto at the next traffic light.

These are generally my go to methods for dealing with phantom wiping and for the most part they work.. If however they are stubborn, leaving them off for 5-10 minutes usually does the trick....

this is all well and good with previous versions, though nowadays and if I was on a motorway on AP, I wouldn't be too happy disconnecting for 10 minutes to try and fix the sh1tty auto wipers...

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭JOL1

Yes, not the best feature of Tesla. Suggest using Voice commands to action these items. Its surprising how many things can be controlled with voice avoiding distraction and danger of interacting with screen whilst driving. I use all the time and its great if you are like me always keeping an eye on Trips. Simple voice command like "Open Trips". "Open Maps" does it without having to lose concentration etc....Wipers are controllable also

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

Anyone else finding the seat heating coming on when in auto climate a bit of a nuisance? Yesterday was a wet muggy day down here so every time started car (Was doing a lot of stop/ starts) the seat heaters came on automatically yet only had temp set at a low setting. Certainly did not want them on, wasn't cold, even my missus as a passenger gave out about having to keep manually turning them off. Can't see anyway of not having them come on when in auto, but perhaps I am missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Core6

I looked at scanmytesla recently on my Sept M3 RWD and it said :- Nominal Full Pack 60.7kWh; Nominal Remaining 58.4kWh; Energy Buffer 5.50kWh; Full Pack When New 60.5kWh; Usable Remaining 52.7kWh.

The battery was at 95% full when I recorded those figures.

Pretty sure you can change that so that heated seats are not used in auto climate to warm the cabin temp. I remember a mate showing it to me. Where it is, i cant remember off the top of my head.

When i say open trips with my accent it says "open trucks" and tries to navigate me to the nearest truck stations! Maybe its just my accent, but i find the voice commands very flakey and thats why i dont use them - having to repeat a command over and over is annoying. I never have any issues with google voice commands on my other devices so i guess i do find it strange that Tesla one doesnt work for me.

Not trying to be negative, its just how i find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,939 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

• Advertisement

Cheers - 60.7 nominal full is big. And the "hard" buffer seems to be 2.3. "soft" buffer 5.5.

So in line with what a lot of us have seen give or take a few decimals here and there.

Interesting the changes made in the LFP with the hard buffer - i'm not sure that even existed in the earlier models but is a good idea to protect against fatal battery damage.

So in and around the 52kWh as the 0-100%. Thanks for posting this information - great to see it came from the SMT app so no guessing and cannot be disputed by anyone.

Out of interest what is your WLTP rated range on your certificate of conformity (on the 2nd page)?

Advertisement