Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Yeah, Juve have been terrible, they really need Chiesa back playing.

Edit: Cracking header from Bremer to make it 1-2, Juve look up for it now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

3 yellows each by the 55th minute, a red will surely come

Juve equalise with a penalty in stoppages and then Milik Wins it with a header before getting sent off for his celebrations.

Edit: Goal being checked for offside and everything is gone mental, some end to the game.

Edit: Goal has been disallowed because Bonuci was in an offside position, red cards for everyone too. Absolutely mental.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

If the prem games had been on this weekend, I probably wouldn't have watched the game, but I'm very glad I did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Allegri has 2 wins in 11 games. Very poor record with that squad but don't think they can afford to sack him. He's on €9m a year apparently and contracted until 2025.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,043 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Some entertainment in that Juve game.

Juve look poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

Var didn't look at the other angle where he was shown to be onside.

I'm convinced UEFA want to get rid of VAR. A glut of bad VAR decisions over multiple leagues in a shirt space.

I think they are laying down the path for it to be removed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Would not be surprised if Allegri is fired overnight.

Shocking form for Juventus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,123 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Some goal by Sabiri for Samp though they still lost to Spezia.

Looking forward to Milan vs Napoli tomorrow. Roma vs Atalanta could be good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Completely deserved by Udinese

The much much better team.

Inter were atrocious and the subs made by Inzaghi killed Inters momentum, Correa in particular was woeful.

Juve could have a bit of competition for Tuchel if Pippo Inzaghi's brother isn't careful 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

Juventus 1 down and a man down against Monza. They've looked really poor again. Allegri must surely be on the way out if this result stays the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Allegri and Inzaghi on borrowed time. Atrocious starts by both clubs. What a day for Monza! Really looking forward to Milan vs Napoli tonight.

Fiorentina get a desperately needed win as well against their friends Verona. They've been horrible to watch so far this season, they're missing Torreira badly.

Ffs I'm utterly sick of this queen shte. Seriously like turning down the sound on the TV.

I can't see either being sacked before the break for the world cup in November, even then I'd be surprised unless they're in the bottom half of the table at that point. Neither club will want to spend the money to sack them and bring someone new in, especially Inter who won't get anyone decent for cheaper than Inzaghi.

I think this season will be difficult for the teams who are playing in European competitions and they'll struggle with fitness, with a shorter summer break, constantly playing 2 games a week and then going to the world cup mid season, it'll be difficult to be consistent. I think Atalanta have a great chance this season with no midweek games, they should be much fresher than the other teams around them and they have been decent so far.

I think Allegri and Inzaghi will both be gone tomorrow. They will have time to recruit over the break.

Napoli look the real deal. A deserved win tonight. Mario Rui was just sublime.

Pioli made a poor choice to take off Calabria, who was having a great game. He was too conservative because Calabria had a yellow.

De Ketalaere is just not cutting it. I was really celebrating the signing, but he is falling short.

• Advertisement

I think Milan were a little unlucky tonight, they had some good chances that on another night might have went in and they'd have gotten a draw, which probably would have been a fair result.

I agree about Calabria he was in little danger of getting a red. DeK is doing fine but doesn't look like anything more than another good player right now as opposed to a big star signing.

It was a fairly poor 50/50 game in the end that was decided on a few big moments (mostly Dents stupid penalty give away)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Surely Inzaghi days are numbered now.

Cannot believe it took him until they were 1 down to make a sub

Barella has been shocking all season but yet continues to start

Can't see it happening any time soon, it'll cost too much to replace him.

I agree Barella has been poor this season in general but so have a lot of the players and I think a lot of it is fatigue from playing so often.

I actually thought Inter played quite well today, the Dybala goal was terrible from Bastoni but Handa probably should have stopped it too. I also didn't think it was a foul for the free which set up the Smalling goal, I haven't seen a replay yet though so I could be wrong on that. Patricio should have saved the Dimarco goal too though.

What a great night for Serie A clubs. Napoli absolutely smashing ajax and inter doing a number on Barcelona. Napoli looked unbelievable in attack and inter actually defended very well. Surely the hunchbacks can beat Haifa later on at home.

100% penalty for Milan turned down by VAR

• Advertisement

Tomori, oh-oh

Cantaré, oh-oh-oh-oh

Milan 1-0 Hunchbacks at half time.

Juve very disappointing. Milan deservedly ahead. I'd like to see Paredes on as Locatelli hasn't been at it. Leao looking threatening as always.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Oh boy what a f'n goal from Diaz!

Nice goal. Carved Juve open there.

Started from a terrible pass but Diaz (for once) done excellent once given the chance.

• Advertisement

Great block by Kalulu to deny Kean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Milan beat Juve, cementing their Italian supremecy, while losing disgracefully to Chelsea. It's a funny result in the sense, Napoli need a distance to run away with the league, Milan just about hanging in is enough to break Napoli's thread-bare confidence. Napoli by rights, and last year too, and for many recent years, should of run away with the league.

They need that gap, and the gap to the chasing pack always just about eludes them. If Milan can stay in touch, Milan will do them again for the title. When Milan are there or there abouts, history suggests Milan will always come up trump's.

Milan have the Shamrock Rovers problem, go all out in Europe, or build domestically long term, leading up European success down the road, and it's been on ongoing project for several years. Last year in Europe can only be described as half hearted.

In many ways Milan would rather not be in the Champions League to suffer these defeats until ready, as they are Europe's pre-eminent force. No European team casts a bigger shadow than Milan.

People tend to forget Madrid won most of their European honours in the mid 50s before most clubs took it serious, and in the mid 10's where there was a death of talent, with little in between. It was Milan who were there pre-eminent force for over 4 decades. Let's hope Milan rise once more!

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I like Milan, but downplaying Real because their first five European Cups were before the competition got properly established is nonsense.

They won it three times between 98 and 02.

Five times in the last ten years. So discounting the first five, they're still the most dominant team in Europe ever.

Seriously lads ignore him. He posts these flights of fancy across all the soccer threads.

Not watching the match but it sounds like Atalanta are heading for a pretty routine win.

It was looking a comfortable win but a great Deulofeu free-kick and poor defending by Koopmeiners have made it 2-2. Approaching injury time now.

It ends 2-2. Udinese nearly completed the turnaround but sub Arslan shot wide. Napoli can go 2 points clear by beating Cremonese later.

I jinxed em.

• Advertisement

Politano has given Napoli the lead from the spot. Kvara won the pen.

1-1 now. Are Napoli going to drop points?

2-1 Napoli. Simeone off the bench with a goal. Not sure what the keeper is doing there.

3-1. Another Kvara contribution as he puts it on a plate for Lozano. Napoli going 2 pts clear.

Napoli nearly got a 4th at the end but Radu made a great stop.

4-1. They do get a 4th! Olivera off the bench in the final action of the game. From the bits I saw of this game, Napoli were given a test despite what the scoreline suggests. Goes to show their form that even when not at their best, they can still hurt teams. I'd love to see them clinch the title.

Post edited by Mr.Nice Guy on

Fiorentina hammered 4-0 at home by Lazio. Jovic looks very short of confidence.

No I wasn't drunk. Milan for decades were the team to beat. When they can get into a position to run an opposition close, they'll always do them, like bottllers Naples, said that months before Milan won the league, and they did them.

Napoli by rights should run away with the league and they should of run away with it years ago. If Milan hang in I wouldn't gaurantee it.

I also said months ago, Milan are little more than a mid table club, punching so far above their weight it's incredible, and due to this unforseen success/rise, are building slowly. Limited squad progressing with confidence , the weight of history carries them.

Milan had no interest in challenging Chelsea away, and only done so at home due to fan pressure over the last week, but that went tits up with the red card.

I've many Italian mates from around lake Garda who will tell you the same thing. Due to the precarious financial situation top 4 is priority

Once they stabilise consistently they're coming for Europe again, to take their rightful throne. Laugh now, give it a few years, Milan will be back at their best . It's embarrassing explaining to millennials and what not the greatness of Milan.

Milan are THE team, the greatest Europe's ever seen. There or there abouts for four decades. Greatness doesn't die. They're coming again

Ye, the last two essays of sensationalist muck on behalf of Milan were after that enlightened mood of 3 or 4 beers, before passing that apex of being drunk. Ye, cringe inducing rubbish, but an undercurrent of truth prevailing in both also one must concede.

I think something everyone can agree on, is Europe is a far poorer place without a competitive Milan. Huge hole

2-2 between Napoli and Bologna in the 2nd half. Meret just had a howler of a moment, letting Barrow's shot under him.

3-2. Osimhen finishes after Kvara plays him in.

It finishes 3-2 to Napoli. Deserved win but they made it hard for themselves. Meret looked really shaky. I thought he was having a decent season before tonight.

Post edited by Mr.Nice Guy on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,043 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Napoli at least showing heart, winning when not playing well.

Especially as they have the mighty Milan behind them.

• Advertisement

Another lucky get out of jail from "the greatest team in European history"

Milan really need the injury list to clear up.

Advertisement