Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭eagerv

Sort of agree about the heat pump, but still it's nice to have when standard in car.

Tesla also hold back a lot of battery as buffer, haven't yet seen Bjorns' latest video where he runs down to a complete stop a new (Only 250km on clock) Tesla RWD LFP but understand there is a massive below zero buffer. But Tesla have the ability to quickly update this ota if/when required.

Also has been mentioned on Tesla thread that BMS probably not as yet properly calibrated yet on his new test car, which I would believe..

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭VWPAT

Seen that video. Has 7kwh buffer on lfp battery.

Well if the T5 is anything to go by with 77 Kwh new and a further buffer meaning when new only 73 Kwh is available out of 82 Kwh that's a big buffer but as I said there is more further down at lower charge than what the car tells you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Old diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

Isn’t this one of the original ‘life’ or entry models ? New (Old) stock presumably

Still 3-4K more than it was last year

• Advertisement

Just to update -after getting the new 12v and software

1. Timed charging not working
    2. Got the usb cable as recommended above from DD, once I connected the iPhone I had faster phone charging, much improved stereo sound and Apple Car play ( excellent Spotify and Google maps interface on the infotainment screen ).
    3. Film on glass- have a pic but the site wont

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

Yes original life model,pretty much original list price if it's the 200hp one with metalic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Comer1

My Life model with metallic was €33,500 in July 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

I just checked,in July 21 I paid 35,483 for 200hp 58kw life with metallic,150hp car was 33700 again with metallic,as ever the real argument is cost to change,at the time I got 18500 for a 171 ioniq against it.

I have no idea how this is working in the current new car climate but I just sold a 06 1.4 polo for 2250 that I paid 1200 for 4 years ago, so I'm guessing the used market has also followed suit,replaced with a 13 Up at 6k which a couple of years back was probably still 6k when 2 years newer.

Might be an idea to check the build label on the boot floor apart from the appreciable extra go it's the only physical difference between the 150/200 hp cars.I know this cos the original car they supplied me was 150 hp and the supplying dealer didn't cop it,thankfully had the wit to check before signing on the dotted line,that was promoted by nothing more than total lack of confidence in the sales persons product knowledge.

200hp is 150kw

Mine is definitely the 204BHP model, I checked that label myself when I was collecting the car. He was offering me a 145BHP but then rang me to say he could get me the 204BHP for the same price. It made no sense to me to have a 145BHP car with no extra range, for the same price and that was physically the exact same car but with power limited by software only.

This is the price list from May 2021 which was current when I bought in June to collect in July. Dealers might add on a bit to the trade in value of your car and then add a bit to the new value to make us think we are getting a good deal. It all balances out in the end. That's why it's important to get a few prices and the the only figure that matters is how much it's going to cost you.

• Advertisement

These are the current prices. ID.3 Life DX is the only one they seem to be manufacturing now but one would assume that when they can start manufacturing the ID.3 Life again, looking at the prices below, it will not be less that €38,000 on the road with metallic. So an increase of almost €5,000 in one year for a car the size of a Golf (which starts at around €32,000). No wonder so few are considering an EV, you'd but a lot of petrol for €6,000.

I intend to change in 2024 but I would rather stretch to a Kia Nero EV with better spec and range or an Ionic 5 with similar range but so much more car than another Life. Those cars seem much better value than a bog standard ID.3 Life at that price below.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

What differences are there between the life and the life dx?

Alloy wheels, keyless entry, rear view camera, tinted rear windows, alarm and it might have electronic boot opening/closing.

There might be some other stuff I've missed, but not much

Buddy Bubs - Been away today - All we want is shiny new pics of cars, not general chit related to anything id3, ev or renewable -))) lots of slightly off topic conversations here but no need for drama

Comer 1 nailed it and to second the Niro- it trumps the current pricing of id3 and seat for range, spec, warranty and value -

To answer your question from the brochure -

In addition to Life:

18” Alloy wheels

Tinted rear windows Anti-Theft alarm

Rear view camera

Keyless Access advanced ArtVelours/Leatherette interior

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

The ID.3 is a far better car to drive than the first e-niro. I wonder is the new model any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

Agreed. Went to buy the older e-Niro and walked away unconvinced. Drove the ID3 and it was worlds apart. I must test drive the E-Niro.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Some update on my battery modules replacement saga. I collected my car last Friday after 7 weeks in the workshop. Was there to collect it on Thursday but the car turned out to be not ready with battery cover missing (and plastic hanging from underneath the car after a hasty installation). Also found damage on all my wheels from the time they installed the new tyres and the camber on the back wheels was off after they did the original tracking. The car will need to go back after ab 2.5 weeks to get the SOH and consumption tests done. I charged the car to 100% on Saturday night and used the carscanner app to check the stats. There are good news and bad news. Good news - the voltages are now uniform and I gained some of the battery capacity back.

The bad news it went up from 43.7kWh to 50kWh however there was no change in the total available energy and it stayed at 54kWh.

This is the battery stats prior to 2 module replacement work.

I find it weird that there was no change in this figure. So thought are: if the 8kWh battery degradation is spread equally between the 9 modules then each module is lost approx 0.89kWh. Then if you replace 2 of the 9 modules - shouldn't I gain approx 1.78kWh? I would be expecting to see 55.8ish Kwh and not 54kWh? Btw, 8kWh is effing a lot - 13% of battery capacity gone in 2 years, also 4kWh buffer seems doesn't change. The range on 100% was also crap - 335km w/o HVAC and 320 with.

At the moment it shows 264 km w/o hvac on for 80% of SOC. So far I have driven 75 km using 20% of the battery so I'm not sure that my range has improved a lot if a lot. I guess time will tell.

One thing to add - the tyre installation, tracking and service were covered by the garage. And indeed my car is a part of the recent battery recall which was independently confirmed by BatteryLife and the dealership.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I dont think your range figures at 80% and 100% are bad at all. They are as good or better than mine. Bear in mind that the outside temps have dropped also, so you wont be seeing the WLTP figure, if that's what you were expecting!

I'd also think you would need to fully charge and discharge the battery at least 1-2 times for the BMS to re-learn the capacity so I wouldn't pay too much attention to the max capacity figure in the 3rd party app.

In your case though, I'd be more interested to see what happens the range when the SoC gets low. Does it drop like a stone because of a weak cell or do you get consistent reduction in range as you drive the car.... as you said before, your range used drop like a stone so you should try to find out if that's fixed..... you need a road trip! 😉

Yeah, range was my bugbear from the start so at least we know now it wasn't unfounded. Judging by the hugg consumption acquired during their tests I guess the car was driven in traffic/idled alot GOM is def confused. I indeed will need to do two return cork Dublin trips before the car will be going back for testing so a few 100% charging sessions will be done. Also I was promised to be shown the battery stats on thier system in the workshop, will be interesting to see.

One thing I def noticed is that the GOM range doesn't drop as fast as it used to. So fingers crossed I'll have a faultless car:)

PSS garage had to put the battery pack back in before changing the modules to do the 2.4 update. VW HQ then confirmed that the modules originally confirmed faulty were indeed the once on the recall. I wonder whether the delay with 3.0 is related to that 10k cars with faulty modules?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭RevID3

Hi, anyone notice that the Haptic Feedback is not working since 2.4 update.

I can't remember if this could be turned on/off in the settings menu and where exactly it was.

seem to remember you had that option.

• Advertisement

The best way to judge range is KM per %. You have 75km/20% which gives you a range of 375km. I don't know what way you were driving for that, but I would have to drive like a one legged granny to get it. My average is 300km. 350km if I drive very easy at this time of year and down to 250km when the weather gets colder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

I have what I think is a caked in bug splat on my headlight glass - whats the best way to remove it without risking scratches on the glass ? I can't seem to shirt it with warm soapy water and a micro fibre mit.

I used a spray made from couple tumble dryer sheets and water to remove bugs from paintwork. Worked a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

If you have the Lifeshine kit, there's a bug removal spray in it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭fafy

Yet another revised ID 3 pricelist, now, reduced to just one model the Life DX Only:

https://www.volkswagen.ie/idhub/content/dam/onehub_pkw/importers/ie/models/product-guides/my23/ID.3_MY23.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Single zone climate on a €42k car?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,170 ✭✭✭pad199207

Interior has changed? New vents etc..?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭fafy

Its just over 43k, including some of the pricier metallic options.

• Advertisement

In the tour 5 after a year now I got 68 Kwh available out of 73 Kwh and like yours shows 95% charged but the display shows 100% charge but if I remember correctly it shows 20% when you have around 26% so not sure whether that balances out or it's calculated to make you think you have less than you have because I can't imagine if the BMS says 95% charge that you have anything more.

Some day I might run it to empty now that I have no work charging for a couple of weeks while they're installing the new charge points, I'll get around 4 days from Carlow to grangecastle and back and still have around 1 extra trip, I use average of 18%, can do better but don't drive it economically really. So from Monday setting off from 10% I should have 28% by the time I get home Thursday evening but not so simple as that won't include pre-heating from Monday Evening until Friday morning when I set off with 100% again. Of Course if I'm on the other site with 11 Kw charging I'll suck out as much Kwh as I can from that.

From new it appears the Tour 5 would have around 73 Kwh available due to 77 Kwh available to the BMS but it holds back a further 5% when fully charged. So after a year appears like I have lost around 5 Kwh which was unexpected really, I know I keep comparing the BMW i3 94Ah but after nearly 5 years and 143,000 Kms and still had 28.5 Kwh from 28.5 when I got it I was expecting more from the id3 and such a large battery, we'll see what happens in another year.

Advertisement