Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irelands fittest family

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Thud

needs a refresh and some new events next year, maybe some new coaches too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Just watched it back. Anna Geary must be embarrassed watching it back. All me me me. Cringey scutter out of her mouth too.. "how much do you want it".."every ball counts"...blah blah blah

She thought telling yer wan to take off her socks was some master stroke too. It made absolutely 0 difference. She would have made it anyways.

Someone needs to tell her she doesn't need to wear leggins and tuck her t-shirt in to have her massive rear on display.

Mairead Farrell needs to go too. "This is the first time I've cried on Irelands fittest family"....you don't remember crying when the Greenan family just left, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Zelebrity Charidee Special of this is on tonight at 8pm

Grainne Gallanagh, David and Stephen Flynn, Sinead Quinlan and Neil Delamere bring their families to compete for the title in the name of charity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

unsure if there is a new thread ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

As always, I am enjoying watching this from my comfortable couch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,389 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Cumhachtach

Christ the Laois family were the poorest ever. Kids overweight. Bad tactics. Working as individuals. Running too fast for the girl with the pontoon. A complete mess.

It's like they entered it due to the father's ego, fancied himself as a muscle man. He had to hang from the rings, the main job, at 90kg🙄

Grand little frock on Mairead. She looks like she's off to the parish social.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Trampas

It was to feed his ego. I wonder is his favourite sweets smarties.

Nina family standing around waiting to be called to try the ramp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭maebee

The family of surfers who thought it was a good idea to keep standing up on the raft despite continuously falling off 🤔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

The young lad on that team, Kai, was excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭maebee

He sure was. Also I was delighted for his brother Aaron who recovered very well from his early slip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'm not sure what sort of an event might suit the Mammy on Nina's team this week.... she's not exactly your stereotypical contestant......

But I'm willing to bet that the bungee one won't be great for her either.

(Posted from the comfort of my couch while eating dinner - the irony is deafening!)

Aha.... there's a light bungee option..... hadn't realised that.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭Rmgblue

Where did the burns get their confidence to enter this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,045 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Why are the throwing it in rather than just pulling the last foot or so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Hubbie just said the same thing. Now I'm sitting on my couch like the rest of you but I know full well I could never enter this and wouldn't attempt to! Although I would love a go at some of the obstacles

Davy has his family well drilled for this!!

Whereabouts in Meath are the heats happening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭Rmgblue

Rathbeggan lakes. Near dunshaughlin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,726 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Fair play to the Burns family for entering but surely RTE or whoever runs the show should have known they would struggle in those events. The poor mother. Was there no one else in the family a cousin or uncle that could have gone on the team or was mammy a last minute substitute?

That was quite the tight eliminator!

I really thought the Gallaghers would run away with it, but no...... but the Mam absolutely smashed those lily-pads!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭mojesius

Agreed, fair play to them for entering but I assumed there'd be pre-show heats to get through. I'd also make sure we could all at least get over a bale of hay or hang off a bar for a few minutes before entering my family (which will likely never happen).

Poor Martina Burns. If you can't get over a 5x4 bale of straw you shouldn't be there.

The heaviest person ever on Operation Transformation would make as good a fist of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,726 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I wonder was it done to attract more families to enter or something? If it was it back fired because no way would families enter after seeing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Davy was even more insufferable than normal tonight. Swear to God if I dragged my arse off the couch to enter this and he was shouting st me like that, I'd tell him to "get to fxxk" and fire my helmet at his head

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭patob

Cracking up when Davy went ballistic when the Nugent lad slammed the ball and it bounced out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,247 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Just watching it now but I take it the burns went out. Not surprised if they did. Them two lads should be ashamed of themselves making their Mother take the toughest cord just stupid. One of them should have been on that, the mother should have been on the light cord and the girl and one of the lads on the medium cords.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement