Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

John McCain is dead. Liz Cheney daughter of Dick Cheney of the Iraq war recently lost her seat. There is a faction in the Republican party and indeed the Democrats who see the aid to Ukraine as none or their business and they will hold more sway after the election. The Republicans are expected to take the house of representatives in November and maybe the senate too. That leaves a lame duck president that may well be impeached for whatever reson, they set the bar low with Trump. Considering the activity of the leftists while Trump was president, their current activity against the Supreme court justices, they are not likely to accept a Republican dominated house, senate and supreme court and start agitating again. Couple that with the inflation and cost of living struggles of the middle class, domestic concerns can mean support for the Ukraine is not favoured as they concentrate on the 2024 elections.

Right now in Germany and across Europe a shortage of gas molecules affects industrial production, electricity and gas heating. It will take at least 3 years before any semblance of stability is restore to the gas markets and in the interim that is a lot of supply destruction for the good produced by those processes. Politically there will be pressure from industry on politicians to bring about a resolution. That opens the appalling vista of a war economy as more money and resourcs are fed into the war machine to make up for stimulus. The domestic political environment will become very unstable, we can expect strikes, and outages and large bankruptcies in Europe.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hometruths_real

when he said it was 5:1 due to artillery and air power, I laughed

the war would be over with those types of numbers and air power has been non existent

• Registered Users Posts: 8,179 ✭✭✭threeball

If Medvedev had a spark of sense he'd be keeping his big gob shut and positioning himself to fill Putins boots after his inevitable demise. It seems none of them are intelligent enough to play that game. Stay onside with Putin but remain palatable to the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Not true, VW group and Mercedes are two of the leading companies in the electrification of cars and will eventually surpass Tesla in the coming years. The Japanese will suffer as they haven't embraced electric cars are banking on hydrogen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

There appear to be two of them. It seems clear that certain Americans will do absolutely anything for money.

I give you retired US senator (Republican of course), Col. Richard Black:

Retired US colonel predicted the inevitable defeat of the Armed Forces of Ukraine

Col. Richard Black: U.S. Leading World to Nuclear War

April 30, 2022

"Ukraine is meaningless to Americans; it has no impact on our day-to-day lives.

And yet we're playing this reckless game that risks the lives of all people in the

United States and Western Europe for nothing! Just absolutely for nothing!"

US Col. Richard Black Asks: Did U.S/NATO Blow up the Nord Stream ...

“We Will Not Be Silenced! Speaking Truth in Times of War.”

People in the trans-Atlantic nations ask, “Why are we spending tens of billions we don’t have in a war that we don’t want?”And with the Nordstream pipeline explosions, credibility of the political elites is at an all-time low.

In April 2014, Black sent an official letter to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad,[38] thanking "the Syrian Arab Army for its heroic rescue of Christians in the Qalamoun Mountain Range",[38] praising Assad for "treating with respect all Christians and the small community of Jews in Damascus," and stating it was obvious that the rebel side of the war was largely being fought by "vicious war criminals linked to Al Qaeda"

On April 27, 2016, Black began a three-day trip to Syria in support of its government.[43] Explaining his trip in a series of Twitter exchanges with The Washington Post, Black wrote that the United States was "allied with two of the most vile nations on earth, Saudi Arabia and Turkey, which are intent on imposing a [Wahhabi] fundamentalist government on the Syrian people."[43]

https://larouchepub.com/pr/2022/20220527_disinformation.html

May 27, 2022 (EIRNS)—Two days ago, Ukraine’s “Center for Countering Disinformation” issued a warning through its Telegram channel that people must not believe “U.S. Army Colonel, former Senator Richard Black [who] promotes the Kremlin narrative about Russia’s imminent victory.”

I feel genuinely icky and unclean after delving into the antics of that gauleiter.

Back to our normal programming.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,520 ✭✭✭jmreire

German Motor industry is finished if Electric vehicles become mandatory???? Only difference between EV's and Diesel/ Petrol engined cars is the power source,,,everything else in the same. Bodys. Interiors, drive trains, brakes, steering etc. Production lines will still be the same...car bodies will still have to be manufactured, regardless of the power source, be it electric or ICE. No, I doubt German vehicle production will be affected. Probably increase if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Eh Toyota are the biggest producers of hybrid cars at this very moment in time, so hush :-) , anyway this is off topic.

Why is no one talking about the main radio and TV transmitter in Moscow being on fire, seems significant to me

https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1579236752833015808?s=20&t=SqtxlYl9znt09lK3zVHyHQ

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

I wager it will be civil war between the oligarchs Or maybe the military will do a purge ? Neither is going to be pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭jimmyging

The German automotive industry are still at least 5 years behind Tesla software wise as they spent a lot of their time in the last ten years developing cheat devices for emissions . They have no one to blame but themselves for the laggard position they find themselves in .

• Advertisement

It wasn't the train because the section that blew out was on the opposite side to the train track and the road in-between is still fairly intact.

If I was to guess it was marine based. Blew out a pillar to drop a section and the shrapnel penetrated the fuel tanks on the train causing them to ignite.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,570 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I had to laugh when he talked about Russian artillery, Airforce and long range strike weapons being used in kill zones. He is dreaming. He talks about organized retreating to better defensive position. Is this why they leave supplies and ammo behind them.

Slava Ukrainii

Thanks, hadn't heard of that one. The other link up thread I just clicked to confirm my guess, then power washed myself in bleach.

Hybrid is not electric. And Toyota have stated they don't intend to go fully electric. Anyway its for another thread. My main point is that the German car industry is going nowhere whether the future is ice or electric.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,945 ✭✭✭✭josip

So these are all the little crutches that you and your ilk are now relying on to keep you going? I can understand how the nekulturny back home would fall for some of this considering the Kremlin-polluted media there. But anyone outside of Russia would have to be fairly thick to believe any of it.

I have been thinking about the bridge Could it not have been a drone for example taking out Liquefied oxygen tanks or Some other volatile chemical or explosives they got wind of ?

Some of what said was along the lines of what Pa ElGrande (hardly a Russian fanboy) has been saying here which kind of surprised me. That's why I was asking is there anything to it...

More likely they stuck 50kg of C4 in a drone boat and let it work its magic. Almost impossible to detect. It could loiter for a while to wait for the train to arrive then unleash the package.

But if you look they look like storage for chemicals usually liquid.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭DontHitTheDitch

Yes, that seems the most likely delivery method. Looking at the profile photos of the bridge again, the photos I saw of the underside of the bridge could have been taken at the far end of the collapse, away from all the fire damage so they don't rule out a drone boat. In the video there is a fireball running out on the surface of the water, which seems unlikely to come from the top of the bridge. Unless a missile penetrated the car deck and struck the pier below it.

• Advertisement

Fuel or otherwise, they weren't the main target. They were welcome collateral damage. In your pic you can see the collapsed pillar. In my opinion that was the main target. Everything else was calculated in hope and treated as a bonus.

The original video is pretty good and at no point do we see a missile enter shot. But we have seen them in the attacks on shopping centres etc earlier in the war. So I think death from below was the most likely scenario.

Just like a bomb strapped to a robot launched into the nordstream pipeline is the most likely method that those were destroyed. The Germans didn't put it in their side so it could only be the Russians.

Well love a good mystery plenty of ways to come up with what happened. We may never find out unless someone owns up to doing it and how. To my eye and only my opinion. To the right of where the picture show would be more of those tanks they went bang first seeing the damage to the barriers on the first in shot road. Then a larger secondary explosion I.E the rest of the tanks went off collapsing the further roads see how it scissors down over the pillar. All speculation not saying I'm right your wrong.

Ukraine did an organised retreat with all their equipment in the middle of the invasion from Lysychansk if you remember

Russia routed with their army in Lyman,left all their tanks,IFVs,APCs ammo etc and many other places,meaning grab what you can and run and many unforunately went into the ambush Ukraine have set,and some was killed by artillery,because they didnt retreat fast enough.

Precisely.

The first 20 bodies of civilians and soldiers were exhumed at the mass burial site in Lyman. Civilians were buried in separate graves, defenders - in a trench 40 meters long.

How many more such burials will we find in the currently occupied territories 😢

Ukrainian advances in Kherson - Onwards.

Yikes must be grim indeed he looks like a combat vet. 🤢

An Orc Su-25 downed - crash landed and the two occupants unfortunately survived.

No no Special field operation. The field crashed into the plane in a blatant terrorist act.. 🤨

• Advertisement

⚡️The owner of the truck that probably exploded on the Crimean Bridge became known - rosZMI

This is Boris Yusubov, a red truck was written on (owned by?) him. According to relatives, he sold the car, but the new owner did not re-register it in his name.

The driver of the truck that was checked was calm, did not arouse suspicion and showed all the documents. The trailer probably had pallet wrap on the pallets. It was fully loaded.

Details emerge... So it sounds like the earlier story claiming his father was driving it may not be accurate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement