Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Portable Gas Heater - Provence - Outdoor Use?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭zg3409

3kW would be no use heating an outdoor spaces. It would never get you warm. There is specific outdoor heaters that guzzle russian gas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭phormium

Can't answer your question as I just bought it for indoor use for €400 from Flogas site! Blue as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

As simple as that! Its not warm enough, cheers.If it can wheeled from the conservatory to the patio it might serve its purpose though.

The outdoor ones I've looked at might get close to the parasol so thought this was low enough not to start a fire

Would it heat up enough for people to have a smoke outside and a coffee in the morning? Or am I fooling myself?

Haven't a clue, have not bought the gas for it yet but I don't think from reading reviews it's a very fast heat up which you might want for a coffee break type thing. I'd be buying a proper patio heater for that sort of thing I'd think. I was just pointing out that Flogas was cheaper than Calor for the same heater if you do buy but I don't think it's what you need and if you were going to take a chance why not just buy the much cheaper modern SuperSer type ones, not as pretty but do you need pretty for what you want?

• Advertisement

Cheers dude, its just that it looks so pretty 😆

It is indeed pretty, looks lovely in the corner of my blue/white kitchen dining room 😁 Very very dark blue, looks nearer black in the distance. I have wanted one of those since I built a sunroom 20 yrs ago, the black ones then were 500 but when I saw there was now a blue one and with the whole electricity cost thing, I used to use a non pretty oil filled radiator, it was time to buy! It looks lovely in the space if nothing else! 😊

Plus I did my tax return last week and am due a rebate of 400, it's fate!

Advertisement