Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 14,033 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

@snowcat you've been given a number of chances on this thread and this is absolutely your last one. This thread is to discuss Covid Vaccines. If you care to discuss any of the above take it to a different thread.

Next time I have to address any of your posts on this thread will result in a thread ban. Final warning.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭hometruths

Out of interest is where does Florida Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo fit with your view of what a normal person who questions things objectively and within reason is?

Today, State Surgeon General Dr. Joseph A. Ladapo has announced new guidance regarding mRNA vaccines. The Florida Department of Health (Department) conducted an analysis through a self-controlled case series, which is a technique originally developed to evaluate vaccine safety.

This analysis found that there is an 84% increase in the relative incidence of cardiac-related death among males 18-39 years old within 28 days following mRNA vaccination. With a high level of global immunity to COVID-19, the benefit of vaccination is likely outweighed by this abnormally high risk of cardiac-related death among men in this age group.

Is he a normal person?

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/FLDOH/bulletins/3312697

Most of the people I know that took the vaccine didn't even consult their GP or a doctor before taking the injection. They just went along with whatever government propaganda they were reading for for the past few years. Imagine taking a drug just based on what you've read on the internet.

Yet we're meant to be the anti-science crowd...

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hometruths_real

you make it sound like a very binary argument...

take vaccine = trust whatever government says

don't take = informed and correct

The internet argument was quite funny... do you get your updates via carrier pigeon? Did you consult your doctor who waited for a study to be completed and wait for their paper version of a journal to be posted out?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,984 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Do you consult with the food safety board every time you buy something new from the supermarket? No. This is because you trust the food regulators and science. You don't have silly irrational beliefs about food safety. You are using the normal rational side of your brain.

People were recommended to check with their GP before taking the vaccine if they had an underlying condition. For normal people, that wasn't a requirement (although they still could).

• Advertisement

There are always outlying scientists and experts with different views, that's a given and also individuals who distort/misunderstand data, that's also a given. There are doctors and physicians who believe vaccines don't work at all. There are healthcare professionals who believe there are magnets inside the vaccines (and even gave testimony about it). There are engineers who believe 9/11 was an inside job, there are scientists who believe we didn't land on the moon, there are historians who deny the Holocaust and there are even scholars who believe the world is flat.

Rational people focus on the consensus.

they definitely don't check the internet anyway

So would you describe the Florida Surgeon General and all other medical experts who disagree with the consensus as irrational?

I defer to the consensus. I look at what all surgeon generals and equivalent health professionals are saying, not just one.

Oh great. Another one of the "do your own research" brigade...

• Advertisement

if you looked at your own post, you're suggesting just that you idiot :-D

I get that you defer to the consensus, that is clear.

But what I am asking is in relation to your claim:

A normal person questions things objectively and within reason.

A normal doesn't assume they know more than the experts, doesn't think they've spotted something the entire medical community has missed, doesn't think the experts might be poisoning them and doesn't side with lunatics who believe space travel is faked

See the difference?

And you acknowledge that there are scientists and experts with conflicting views to the consensus.

What I am wondering is do you think these scientists are normal people who question things objectively and within reason?

I'm suggesting you see a doctor and take his advice before injecting the vaccine. Something the vast majority of you refuse to do.

Experts can be wrong or have an agenda or can have their views taken out of context.

Covid vaccines are relatively safe. Keyword: relatively. Most rational people understand this.

However when someone has an agenda against vaccines, a belief they are "dangerous", they will seize on any info, any expert, anything that highlights any danger from vaccines, regardless of context. A bit like seizing on every single plane accident, incident, every negative study whilst ignoring the millions of safe flights in order to project that flying in planes is "unsafe".

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

But why should we trust his opinion over other experts?

You guys have been asserting without evidence that all other experts are either incompetent or part of a conspiracy.

And again, you're demanding an answer to a question after how many questions you've dodged, avoided and ignored?

"Experts can be wrong or have an agenda or can have their views taken out of context."

For sure. But are all the experts who do not agree with the consensus wrong because they do not question things objectively and within reason?

It seems like you are saying anybody who disagrees with the consensus, including acknowledged medical experts, are doing so in bad faith.

Am I misunderstanding that? Do correct me if I am wrong.

and how does the doctor get their information?

Also, "you"?

1) how do you know what my vaccine status is?

2) how do you know whether I did or did not speak to a doctor before any medical intervention?

bit of a stupid generalisation on your part

Covid vaccines are relatively safe. Keyword: relatively. Most rational people understand this.

However when someone has an agenda against vaccines, a belief they are "dangerous", they will seize on any info, any expert, anything that highlights any danger from vaccines, regardless of context. 

Regardless of context? The context of this is the latest Florida public health guidance on mRNA vaccines, and they do not think that the vaccines are relatively safe, at least not for men under 40.

Based on currently available data, patients should be informed of the possible cardiac complications that can arise after receiving a mRNA COVID-19 vaccine. With a high level of global immunity to COVID-19, the benefit of vaccination is likely outweighed by this abnormally high risk of cardiac related death among men in this age group. The State Surgeon General now recommends against the COVID-19 mRNA vaccines for males ages 18-39 years old

https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/20221007-guidance-mrna-covid19-vaccines-doc.pdf

Ok. So the Florida guidance is the correct one according to yourself.

What's the guidance in the rest of the other 49 states. Why are they wrong?

Do you not remember the last time you spamed a link and a quote like this? You spend pages and pages harping on about how your graph and your study proved that the vaccines were causing negative effectiveness among other things. You kept spamming the same picture and quote over and over. But then you dropped that line and vanished without comment about what the people who actually made that graph said.

I'm guessing it from how you responded. But you could just state it yourself... I'd be surprised if you weren't at least double-vaxxed and never consulted a doctor before getting any of them.

• Advertisement

The above is an example of what I'm referring to and why context is important.

The context:

Note the part of that statement you didn't bold:

"With a high level of global immunity to COVID-19, the benefit of vaccination is likely outweighed by this abnormally high risk of cardiac related death among men in this age group. The State Surgeon General now recommends against the COVID-19 mRNA vaccines for males ages 18-39 years old. "

We are at a late stage in the pandemic, a significant portion of the population is vaccinated or has had the virus. That's important.

Secondly, this is one state out of 50 states.

Thirdly, I don't think I need to point out that Florida is well known for it's politics over science issues.

Number four, it's apparently based on this: https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/20221007-guidance-mrna-covid19-vaccines-analysis.pdf?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery which is preliminary data and doesn't paint a very compelling picture either way

Number five. There have been 17,000 deaths among 18-39 year old males in the US from Covid, many of whom were unvaccinated. I'm not seeing a correspondingly high number or any significant number of myocarditis deaths https://data.cdc.gov/widgets/9bhg-hcku

Is this a country saying vaccines are safe? No. It's one state out of 50 making the controversial decision, at this very late stage in the pandemic, that a certain age group of a certain sex is not recommended to get the vaccine as a very tiny number of them may get a myocarditis vs a very tiny number of them at risk of dying from Covid.

This is why context is important.

Wow, so in the context of 18 months ago, before people were vaccinated, an abnormally high risk of cardiac related death for men under 40, was an acceptable risk for the vaccine.

If that's the view of the sane and reasonable people, I'll stick with the lunatics.

I agree with you on the politics over science though. Therein lies the problem.

Lol desperate attempt to avoid all of dohnjoe's points.

You and your pals have been asked dozens of times that the rate of death from myocraditis is. You avoid giving specifics because you know it would reveal the numbers to be very low and instead rely on vague, but sinister sounding terms like "abnormally high risk". (3 deaths in a million is "abnormally high" when it's something that normally happens once in a million.)

Additionally you anti-vaxxers have repeatedly downplayed and dismissed the millions of deaths caused by covid. They were described at one point by one of your fellows as "a pittance."

No one is fooled by your faux outrage and offense at the notion that there is acceptable risk.

Honestly man, who do you think is going to buy into this tactic?

The only people who will are the other anti-vaxxers you refuse to acknowledge.

For young men, getting the vaccine, there's an infinitesimally small chance of getting a condition, e.g. myocarditis.

Conversely if they don't take the vaccine there's a chance they die from Covid.

49 US states continue to approve the vaccine for that age group. One US state, notorious for it's batshiat politicised views recommends against it for that age group.

Are there 18 to 39 males in this country who've received the vaccine? I'm pretty sure there are, and I'm pretty sure they aren't all dying of heart conditions all of a sudden. I'm also pretty sure they exist all over the world. So why has one place in the world decided against recommending the vaccine to that age group? A part of the US where they don't formally recognize Long Covid, and where politicians are known for their nutty anti-mask and anti-vaccine populist views. Odd isn't it.

This is why we look at consensus, not individual scenarios.

Oh gee, well would you look at that

"TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Florida’s controversial surgeon general announced Monday that the state is breaking with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and will be the first state in the nation to recommend against giving the Covid-19 vaccines to kids ages 5 and older.

Florida Surgeon General Joseph A. Ladapo, speaking at a roundtable Monday with Gov. Ron DeSantis and medical professionals who oppose much of the CDC’s recommendations, did not elaborate. Two others who participated in the discussion were Jay Bhattacharya, a Stanford University professor of medicine, and biostatistician Martin Kuldorff. Both were the chief signatories of the Great Barrington Declaration, which calls for a hands-off approach toward managing the pandemic and instead advocates for natural “herd immunity.”

"Ladapo in particular has been an outspoken critic of pandemic-era safety measures such as quarantines, wearing face masks and vaccines. DeSantis picked Ladapo to become surgeon general in September, which was three months after the surgeon general petitioned the CDC to withhold giving final authorization to the vaccines without years of clinical studies and trials in June."

Best hope that they don't look up Destantis' thought and policies on climate change...

"TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Florida’s controversial surgeon general announced Monday that the state is breaking with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and will be the first state in the nation to recommend against giving the Covid-19 vaccines to kids ages 5 and older.

Look at that indeed, Florida's guidance is more in line with other countries - such as Denmark - than with the CDC.

All that shows us is that this consensus that you speak of is a very strange type of consensus.

And you avoid all of the actual points again.

Pathetic show at this stage.

Are there 18 to 39 males in this country who've received the vaccine? I'm pretty sure there are, and I'm pretty sure they aren't all dying of heart conditions all of a sudden. I'm also pretty sure they exist all over the world.

Couldn't find any data for Ireland, but studies from Israel have warned about the same thing:

The significant increases in CA calls and ACS calls among the 16–39 age population during the COVID-19 vaccination rollout highlights the value of additional data sources, such as those from EMS systems, that can supplement self-reporting surveillance systems in identifying concerning public health trends. Moreover, it underscores the need for the thorough investigation of the apparent association between COVID-19 vaccine administration and adverse cardiovascular outcomes among young adults

So why has one place in the world decided against recommending the vaccine to that age group? 

And as noted above it is far from only Florida that recommends against vaccination for that age group and others.

• Advertisement

Rather than acknowledge that only one state was taking the action out of 50, you've done a quick bait and switch. Switching to vaccines for kids.

Several countries are debating whether its even worth giving 5 year olds the vaccines considering there is a very low death rate from the virus at that age.

Advertisement