Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Large spider tried to share the bed with my husband and I Saturday morning. Not a great way to wake up at the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Posters who have to bring the most innocent and light hearted threads into a tit for tat of arguments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

That "s" in posters is one wanker with alt accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Another case over the weekend of a mother and baby dead with no 3rd party involvement. Although clearly very sad, the difference in how men and women who commit this act are treated by the media, the community and the world in general is gobsmacking.

When a woman kills her child, she is "tragic". When a man kills his child he is "evil" "demonic" or "deranged". Despite the fact that the same mental illness is at the root of many of these acts, it seems a woman has a complete get out of jail card when it comes to these situations. She will suffer no stigma, her family will not suffer abuse or social isolation will quietly move on.

A man will have his name slurred forever, the family become pariahs and the media will bookmark the name forever more as an example of human malice and evil intentions.

You forgot the frenzy of "All men are responsible" "all men need to look at themselves"

Since the woman in August doused her 2 children with accelerant in the car and burnt them, there have been at least 2 more, not to mention the woman that poured boiling water over 20 month old.

All tragic and sickening, but no doubt the narrative is peculiarly different

• Advertisement

maybe check what the word "trivial" is before posting in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Extensible dog leads taking up the whole footpath. Owner on one side of the footpath, dog on the other side.

( If I'm sounding anti dog. I'm not. Take dog regularly for a walk and never have to force other pedestrians onto the road )

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Didn't realize I had some pet Wasps 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

There's a skincare product ad where the lady is talking about her amazing new skin texture, and describes it as juicy.

Radiant, glowing, ethereal, otherworldly, fabulous, all good words for expensive healthy skin.

Juicy is a food word. Oranges and pineapples are juicy, or a nice steak. Stop using food words to describe skin.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

"Good enough to eat"? 😁

My major TA is precious, high maintenance siblings who make a song and dance about being asked to do something you've been doing for years and something equivalent to a chipped nail is made to sound like they had to pass their kidneys. Get over yourself, you little sh*t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Had breakfast “off-site” today. I don’t know how it happened but I was given Earl Grey tea instead of normal.

Now, I don’t mind Earl Grey the odd time but not a pot of it and, certainly not with milk. It really doesn’t go with a full Irish.

I’ve been getting Earl Grey burps all day.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

People who say something is cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭thehairygrape

People who say “I’m sure I speak for everyone here…” No you dont! Speak for yourself. I’m quite capable of giving my own view thank you very much.

A related one is the person that starts “As any right minded person would agree..” What an insidious way of arguing a point. If you disagree you’re not right minded. Hear that a lot on the radio. Eamon Dunphy (a man I otherwise had a lot of time for) was always at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,296 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

This never used to be a thing but aisle blockers like those you describe , it’s an epidemic

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

TA that the library chose to text me at 06:12 am to tell me a book I ordered has arrived .Seriously ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

I messaged someone at 9.30pm last night and they answered at 5.30am this morning !

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I have a feeling the phone companies aren't always delivering the messages on time.

Morons on little 3 wheel motorbikes weaving in and out of traffic.

Again, people not indicating, or indicating but not turning, on roundabouts.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Avantcard.

I change all DD mandates because of Ulsterbank closing. Not a problem most done over the phone.

These want it on a paper and I have to send it back with this thing called the Post, where you put a stamp on a piece of folded paper and put the form into it. You then have to throw it into a metal box on the side of the road and you never really know of its delivered.

I sent it off in August. September they continue with old account debit, so I ring them, oh that might take a couple of week's, again, October, old account debited.

I rang them, asked them to clarify if the call was been recorded and let rip. I warned them, if you attempt tp take a debit from the account it wil come back as unpaid as its closed now. You had enough time, if this then a puts a blemish on my credit reference or you they impose some unpaid fee, i will take this further. Ive given you the mandate signed, ive called you, sort it out. Your annoying sales team managed to call me twice last week trying to sell me loans, try getting your back office as active and sort out the mandate. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME? I apologise to you personally as I know you're getting it in the neck now, it's nothing personal towards you

Amazingly, he was able to cancel the old debit over the phone as we spoke. Last time I called they couldn't bla bla bla.

Not sure who makes them, small jobbies with 2 front wheels and 1 back one. The guy was weaving in and out of traffic.

• Advertisement

Couples with running strollers at Parkrun. Get a life people.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Went for my first run since May earlier. It wasn't pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,173 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Latest crap, breastfeeding for school kids: Just add it to the ever-growing pile of stuff proposed to be thrown at kids to learn. Oh yeah, and without additional funding or resources...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

A friend of the family, who my mother has been mates with since primary school went into a care home to see out her days a few weeks back…dementia…my folks have been keeping regular contact with her since on the phone but on trying for a few days to get her they find out that the mobile was removed from her as she was just starting to get confused… she was having memory deficits but she was calling strangers and people she knew at all hours of the evening / morning….

turns out she has gone down hill fast and on them visiting her today she didn’t know either of them, this after encouragement and prompting… the mother was looking forward to the visit but was upset with how significant her heath had decreased and was particularly disappointed with her family, her sister who she is also still friends with for not being upfront and I don’t blame her.

stupid and inconsiderate not to say… “ listen, a heads up, things have gone downhill so be prepared “

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

RTE zooming the camera on weeping people at the funerals of some of the Cresslough explosion victims. Insensitive, invasive and not remotely necessary for a news bulletin.

Only really realising today how much I was trivially annoyed by last week’s ‘Great British Bake Off’.

My favourite pub for food, just back… a little on the ‘meh side’ to be honest, actually very average compared to the delightful grub I’d normally associate with there… didn’t recognise any of the chefs which was weird, the burger stack was from the texture of the meat refried, possibly left over from the carvery as we arrived 35 minutes after it ended and at the beginning of the a la carte…meat just quite tough and flavourless and the chips really just meh, skipped dessert. Plus is the frontline staff, sound and efficient as always… but from the kitchen…. Must.. do.. better

Meh is the way the last couple of years that antisocial media and attention seeking is getting an 'in' into live sports...

New NHL season starts and the referee is about to start the face off..New York Rangers vs Tampa... camera zooms into his face and he gives a speech to camera addressing the TV audience before getting things going..why ?

Then a certain international football team... team having just won a match and qualifying for a major tournament and one of the players straight after the final whistle is with their phone.. on the pitch .. doing tik toks... still out of breath sweaty....you just qualify for a world cup and.. " ok.. where is my phone now... quick, need this opportunity to invest up my social media kudos....

Just enjoy ffs..

• Advertisement

folk what leave a massive gap between their last word/sentence, and the bottom of the text box

tis almost like they want to see the name of every poster what thanked their post,

or something like that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement