Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Store reopening tomorrow. But yes you’re not wrong. Seems to be some financial misdemeanours being investigated.

Jysk opening next week I think and new centra gone in across from the railway station.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,552 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

That's correct JSYK opening Thursday 13th at 9am!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Expunge

I see the new Plaza at the Kickham Barracks is nearly done. Not impressed with the location of what is to be a "stage", I think.

I don't think trying to have a recital or concert beside a roundabout is a great idea. Still, full judgement is reserved till it's fully ready.

Sorry, just to be clear. I was suggesting a Civil case, about who does or doesn't owe what. Nothing criminal.

Anyway glad to see they're trading again.

• Advertisement

Let’s reserve full judgement I’m sure in typical clonmel style though it doesn’t stand a chance from the knockers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭bmc58

Boil water notice for Glenary area users is over from Fri 7th Oct. drink away now (for the moment anyway).Info on problem was terrible alright.But we are told is sorted now.

Also heard the Parnell Grill is closing! Anyone hear this?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

Nope, never heard that. hard to see how that is the case, the place is one of the busiest takeaways in town

You're right.Got wrong info.Actualy extending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Anyone see the recent p*ss poor attempt at graffiti on the wall of the business park at Cahir Road roundabout?

I think the council would be wasting our money to clean it up, it's likely to be despoiled again immediately. They should instead commission a proper graffiti artist to paint a "Clonmel" sign on the wall. It may prevent further graffiti and would make a colourful statement for visitors arriving in to the town. Maybe engage some of the street artists that did some of the buildings in Waterford recently?

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

The creative directors did not have to travel far

There'll be a Preservation Order put on it. It's an example of an Indigenous Ethnic style of art.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭cml387

Not exactly Banksy, was it.

Glad to see it painted over.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,774 ✭✭✭✭dahat

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

False flag attack maybe? I mean, who would sh*t on their own doorstep like that.

Oh, wait...

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭maximo31

Town is gone to pot folks. Seen a video captured outside Fitzgeralds yesterday off 2 female druggies fighting and more scobes hanging around with them. Dreggs of society. Supposedly shooting up and dealing down the lanes around the main street. And the amount of 'walking dead' going up and down the Heywood road to the halting site up by the rugby club every day is shocking. The Garda presence around the town seems minimal. Are they short staffed or just not bothering? Either raid and clean out the halting site or pick up every scobe coming out of there and take what they are buying. It might stop them going up there......

certain sections of clonmel society are far too tolerable of these scrotes. Certain individuals begging on the street need to be moved on a zero tolerance approach to drug dealing and abuse as mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Recliner

Witnessed a dreadful sight a few weeks ago on O'Connell Street. A girl, who was obviously a user, hanging around one of the lanes. Passed by again shortly after and she stumbled out of the same lane with a needle stuck in her arm. Did I stop to help? No, I didn't. She was in the company of other individuals who, quite honestly, frightened the life out of me. It's become such a common sight. Not only obvious dealing, but also using in public. I was told later that this girl is only in her early 20's, and from a "good" family. She looked haggard. Blackened, missing teeth. Jaundiced skin, open sores. It's horrific to see. Is more obvious Garda presence the answer? I don't know. But if that girl lives to the end of this year, I'll be amazed.

• Advertisement

Shocking Recliner but not a bit surprised. Recently took a bus to the railway station and again the place full of junkies shouting and acting with menace around the place. Somebody told me there’s a food bank held up there. It really is a bad look for any visitors to the town encounterinrg this immediately.

It has been often commented upon by Clonmel people recently that they have never seen the town centre seem so rough. I would agree with that.

The two women featured in that video are a constant presence around that part of O'Connell street and Hopkins Lane, down to the Mary St. carpark. Because one of them is openly dealing, there is a trail of the undead following her around and hanging around.

If you were trying to run a business out of Fitzgerald's or the opticians, either side of the entrance to that lane, you'd be tearing your hair out.

The Garda Super for the district would want to get his finger out of his ass and tell his people to be visibile ALL THE TIME and get in these people's faces.

I am hearing of people in Clonmel who now travel to Dungarvan for shopping, regardless of the cost of fuel, because it is a far, far more pleasant experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭touts

It's shocking alright. The Guards are as frustrated with it as anyone. They keep arresting the usual suspects and the judges keep sending them back onto the streets. The legal industry make more money keeping these scroates on the street committing crimes than if they a put them in jail. It's at least €10k to €15k in legal fees between both sides every time one of these scroates get a conviction. So they have a financial interest in keeping them on the street. More crime = more legal fees.

One day last week, I was going down that lane and there was a Garda searching a young man, so it’s not fair to say that the Gardai do not have a visible presence.

It's simply not enough. About 10 minutes ago today there was one female guard questioning one of these people on O'Connell st. Some of the other scrotes who were around her casually strolled up the street and made themselves scarce by going into AIB. Once she was finished, out they come again.

I believe the Super got it hot and heavy at a public meeting out in Moyle Rovers this week as well, following a spate of crimes in that area involving ethic families.

I really do believe the policing in the town centre has been inadequate. I'm also aware there are a myriad of reasons for this.It needs to be greatly stepped up.

And yet a large amount of people in clonmel especially on social media seem to support these zombies and their behaviour. Shocking but true.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭touts

Sadly thats always the case. A few do gooders looking to out virtue signal each other by sympathising with the poor scroates. None of them live anywhere near the scroates or have a business in the town center. A few are also in it for the money. One that comes to mind led a campaign looking for justice for her brother who died squatting in one derelict premises. Apparently she had little or no interest in him when he was alive but once he was dead and the possibility of compo from the property owners was mentioned then she became a grieving sister.

There’s a clonmel stories site that’s an absolute cess pit of that kind of stuff. Rebels in the negatives and very politically orientated. The perception of the town was never lower in my eyes. Such a shame

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Vizzy

I see that work is starting on the new Screwfix store

• Advertisement

I see on Tipp Fm website news,that Mai’s Café near the cinema is closing.Lonergans bar was open Thursday to Sunday.They will now close on Thursday,until the Christmas season...Terrible to see what is happening to the town center!!

Advertisement