Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenagers with no value for life and no care for repercussions - **Read OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭ChickenDish

When Cherry Orchard was built is was a dumping ground for a lot of inner city scum (yes there was decent folk), the proportion of decent folk to scum wasn't the same as other area's with problems. When I grew up in Cherry Orchard it was effectively a no go area for the Guards - seems nothing has changed. The majority of Ballyfermot is inhabited by decent hard working folk, Cherry Orchard is obviously circling the drain again. At this stage there is a few generations of scum who have procreated in Cherry Orchard and the cycle continues.

The Guards can only do so much with what they have, they simply do not have the resources needed or political will from the higher up's the tackle the problem. And its far from a couple who have slipped through the cracks, simply watch the mob of scum baying for blood in the most recent vid.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭starkid

whats to rebutt you ignored loads of things...it needs an essay to reply to lazy points. these threads always have something something Norway. the irony of you calling me out on this

they carry guns in their car and are clearly a deterrent and useful to have. we have gardai who aren't allowed turn lights on and have been basically made become an ambulance type service as the GRA said.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭starkid

well it does still work. i thought Norway was easy going on crime etc or didn't do justice things wrong.

also its a bit of a reach to say its a miscarriage of justice. also if he did do it, 21 years for murder for some people is wrong. to me its totally wrong. you abdicate your rights when you murder people imo (at least premedidated murder) Brevik is the litmus test of Norwegaian justice or Norwegian hypocrisy.

Ok forget that, We have our own real example here. McCarthur. alot of people wouldn't want him to have been released cause he murdered two innocent people.

i use these examples because the debate was about Norway as well as jail as a deterrent. as i said sometimes its just about punishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭I Blame Sheeple

I think the main giveaway that it didn't happen is there's no CCTV footage of it being leaked online. This incident supposedly happened right outside a load of houses and a petrol station – Very likely to be some muppet who wants more followers on Twitter willing to leak the footage from his job's cameras or his own home CCTV and the fact it hasn't happened yet proves to me it just didn't happen at all.

Besides, there's a whole road full of witnesses there including other Gardai, a hiding that severe wouldn't just be ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭ChickenDish

That seems a little far fetched to be honest, a more likely scenario is the young man in question was probably driving extremely carefully and an act of god made him crash. The Guards arrived on scene to find a mob of fine upstanding individuals, the guards then instructed the mob to all get their phones out and film while they beat the poor young man senseless. Guards are well known to arrive at RTA's and give beat downs, sometimes while people are still trapped in the wreckage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

So after going full chuck Norris on this kid the gardai managed to smuggle their drinking buddy doctor into the back of an ambulance to arrive with a pre prepared statement for the superintendent, which would contradict the statement of witnesses, except that other than one TikTok, no one seems to have seen anything.

Must be so afraid of the beatings they froze up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

This kid..who according to the article is a 20 year adult and is one of the only details in the article where nothing else which has been alleged is mentioned 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

They literally beat the childhood out of him......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,602 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Hopefully knocked the Skanger out of him!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,720 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Sooner the guards get the cameras the better, they can show what scum they've to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Hes doing an ace job all by himself in fairness!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

I do wonder what kind of homes are some of these kids coming out off? Do their parents care when the guards come knocking at the door to say the kid has done something. Most kids from deprived areas turn out fine less opportunities then other kids but still just regular people. It’s not the lack of facilities that often gets blamed as some deprived areas have equestrian centres etc that aren’t in other locations.

Other thing I guess is the culture (for lack of a better word) of the area these kids grow up in. They know who the criminals are and look up to them. To them the money and violence signals power. The only way some of those kids see to get respect/power is through crime. They become desensitised to violence and have an us v them attitude. Society often gets blamed for this stuff but I don’t see how some kid robbing a car off someone else is society’s fault. What can an outsider do to change attitudes in those kids?

More guards won’t fix the underlying issues here as it’s too late by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,253 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Not the Cherry Orchard one, I don't remember hearing anything about this at the time. Teens in west dublin driving cars at guards/garda cars isn't a new thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

@mohawk They don't care. If anything, they'll attack the Garda for arresting their lickle angle. The amount of times I got roared at for having the cheek of bringing their little shyte home instead of arresting them. Well, it only happened once per family, after that they all got arrested. Didn't make a blind bit of difference. The feral kids from feral parents with a history of hating the Gardai for no reason other than they stop them from committing crime. How dare they.

I can't see a way out. Not without some heavy handed approach which just won't be accepted in soft Ireland. Being unsocial ain't so bad these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

The Howth Junction DART scumbag has got a year's probation. This was the perfect opportunity to come down hard and mete out an example sentence. But no, once again our pathetic judicial system has let down the girl and her parents and the law-abiding public.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Kalimah

Judge Martin Nolan again. Why am I not surprised.

Does he ever jail anyone?

Yeah if you fail to pay taxes on importing garlic. Gas thing is he used to be a Garda himself!!!!! Couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Registered Users Posts: 23,676 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,323 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Too much focus on the ‘R’ word…. REHABILITATION…

it alludes to the fact that if these knackbags don’t get actively enabled to turn away from a path of crime… somehow they have been failed…WE have failed them, they’ve been fûcked over by society. 😱

if I need to give up smoking or drinking , I’ll rehabilitate and stop… crime isn’t addictive, just stop.

for rehabilitation to occur the onus is on the people with the problem / causing the problem ..

if a person has a stroke … the person needs to actively rehabilitate….

scumbags, just need to stop. If they don’t want to, ok, remove their liberty as many times as is necessary until it sinks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,819 ✭✭✭billyhead

Should be 3 strikes and your out policy. Scobies walking the streets with multiple convictions is laughable. Some of these young scumbags cant be rehabilitated aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭L.Ball

No attempt is made to rehabilitate these "youths", just a finger wagging by the judge then back on the street, when they idiots say "there's no facilities" they're right for the wrong reasons: they just mean they want more handouts, but in reality there is zero path for the bulk of kids in these areas to the straight and narrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,253 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I live near there, that has been coming. Nearly every single night theres a crowd of skanger kids in there, harassing the skaters or anyone walking thru the place, trying to knock deliveroo cyclists off bikes, damaging the bus stop or trying to get into the apts to set of fire alarms etc. Guards come occassionally but nothing ever gets done. Doesnt help theres a few older ones from a nearby centre, consantly hanging out in the park and providing these kids with something to 'aspire' to.

Sh1t parents, sh1t role models, sh1t behaviour not getting penalised equals a whole set of sh1t kids

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Best example of NOOOO FACILITEEEZ ever to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Bring back knee capping. Alot more of a detrent than a slap on the wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

People need to make it their single vote winning issue.

We don't get to be picky, adding it in among a load of other issues will just get a head nod from politicians at the door and nothing else.

If anyone in any party or independent pushes it I'm voting for them, although might be a few exceptions. Don't care anymore about any other issue, even if it's from the biggest headcase around. They can believe the world is flat and 5g turns your covid gay, but as long as they're for abolishing concurrent sentences I'm voting for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Never happen though because they might lose the scumbag votes. Doesn’t matter to a politician what is right or wrong it's where they are going to get the most votes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

The footage shows the inside of the car briefly before the camera shifts to the road. A person can be heard saying "watch, watch, watch," before the car collides with a cyclist.

You can't fix people like this. They are legitimate psychopaths. These clowns were recording this when it happened too. The article doesn't make it clear, but if you saw the clip you'd know that this was 100% intentional. They were easily doing at least 50kph when it happened too. The victim is honestly blessed that it wasn't far worse for him.

Post edited by TomTomTim on

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Advertisement