Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW i4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭PDVerse

Open the BMW ID app in iDrive, go to settings and link your key to your profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭carsfan2

What are your thoughts after a few days ownership of the m50 Digiman?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

All i4s pushed to Jan 2023 in Frank Keane.

The 💩 show continues...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

Production or delivery in January? Did they say agreed prices will be honoured?

Delivery and yeah prices the same.

At least will have new 2023 plate if it even happens then.

Apparently they're butchering the edrive40 options to just build them but not the m50s 🤞

• Advertisement

Ah christ, I’ve ordered the edrive40…they already dropped small amount of the options that I could live without but if they remove any of remaining ones then reckon I’ll have to consider cancelling…complete jokers at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

Yeah BMW seem to have dropped the ball here, I was very interested in an i4 last November but even talking to the dealers didn't inspire any chance of getting an i4 with 6 months but lads waiting 12 months now and they're saying January 23 is just a shambles, thankfully I didn't order an I4

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I said that in this thread a few months back and I was ridiculed.

Half arse attend by bmw with the i4. If they put their mind to it they’d walk all over the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

I had just sold my Tesla model 3 privately & was looking for a replacement and genuinely i thought the I4 was worth looking at and I've had a fair few Bmws over the years ( still have an E30 & E36 at the moment in the garage) but the whole process was dreadful. One dealer asked me for €5k deposit on the phone just to get a Test drive in March . Ended up buying another Model 3 performance, have it 10 months & its been flawless no regrets but i'm now glad i didn't wait

I was the same. I’ve had 2x Model S Performances.

Went to view the i4 and it’s let down with interior space. Very hard to get into it coming from the minimal design of the Tesla but listen that’s personal choice.

No doubt build quality is better but in fairness I’ve had no issue with mine.

I ended up grabbing a M3P from Tesla after the MSP and I’ll see what the next version of the i4 is like.

Like yourself, I come from a long line of BMW’s and still have. 520d and 530e in the house. I’ve had V8 BMW, I6 BMW 325i and everything in between 🤣

Post edited by Gumbo on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,937 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

You'd get some money for selling a v6 BMW. Agree with the rest of the post.

God damn typo!

325i I6 🤣

I’ll go hang my head in shame now 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 21,937 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

LOL. Couldnt help it sorry. I was a bimmer fanboy years before I even knew what a tesla was. We cross shopped the I4 and even the iX before going with the model X, and then model 3.

I wanted the i4 m50 but felt you get more car for your money in a Tesla. The first "fast" car I ever owned was an e60 535d so I'd love another bimmer but just doesnt make sense right now. Hearing the horror stories I too am glad I didnt wait. I've had 2 teslas since I was considering that i4 and by the sounds of it I may not have even had it delivered yet had I waited!

I had the V8 in an X5! Big bus!

I had the I6 in an E36 coupe.

Also had E60 535d and F10 535d. Best all round cars bang for buck.

Brother has an X5 M50d. Mental 😮

• Registered Users Posts: 15,979 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Why what would be wrong with a V6 in a BMW? Did they never do a V6.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,979 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,321 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

V6 is a sh1t setup in general (there are a few exceptions like the Busso where it worked out very well). Straight six is balancing perfection. And two of them bolted together in a V shape is best of all.

Personally I still like the rough and ready of a V8

All very much stuff from the last century though, the only future is pure EV...

So. Any sign of the latest 35 model coming to Ireland yet? I'd be very tempted to order one if it comes within the subsidy grant applied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

I think BMW should deliver the cars they promised before telling anyone about whats next.

Got a call from dealer today and it’s back to 24th Oct for production now (had moved to 19th Dec last time tried the genius chat)

Confirmed with genius after the dealer called and it is at 112 and 24th for production.

Ill believe it when I see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

My original order that I placed a year ago finally went to 111, was at 47 for the last year, expected delivery is now 2023 Q1.

I’ve had the m50 for 10 days or so now. Very happy with it so far, a few niggles would be that I don’t have comfort access, I’ve had this on every car I’ve had for the last 8 years so it’s a big change. Would have liked to have the sunroof too, laser lights and the 360 cameras.

Drove Dublin to Cork and back at the weekend and the range is pretty poor but I was kind of expecting that anyway. But the car charges amazingly fast at Ionity, I went from 9% to 90% in 40mins with the car taking 205kW at the beginning which is great. It doesn’t have adaptive cruise control either which I miss as it’s weird when you set the cruise control now and it doesn’t slow down when you approach a car so in the end I didn’t use cruise control. There is an option to add this as a software update along with high beam assist but I don’t see this in the menu when I go to that page in the app.

On the way back it rained heavily most of the way and I was averaging about 135kmph on the motorway, I left with 84% and got back to Dublin with 3%, but I did stop for 8mins in Cashel as I had a fair idea it wouldn’t make it to Kill, I added 15kWh in that time. Average consumption on the trip back was 30kWh per 100km which is pretty bad but the rain was very heavy. On the way down in drier weather it was 28.5kWh per 100km which again is pretty poor, but I was driving around 135kmph so I’d expect it to be much better at around 120kmph.

Having the BMW charging card is great as Ionity is only around 26c per kW which is a steal in these times!! It’s almost as cheap to charge there compared to at home during the day.

The performance is amazing, although I do notice quite a bit of torque steer when I launch it, I’ve not had it on a nice twisty road yet so looking forward to that.

Build quality has been excellent, msports seats are comfortable and the screens and dash are pretty great. Car is fairly quiet too, I do notice a much harsher ride compared to my 530e, you can definitely notice the bumps and uneven road surfaces a lot more, my last car did have adaptive suspension though, I don’t think the m50 has it but could be wrong.

Rear space is pretty bad, I’ve 2 car seats in the back and they just about fit in with my driving position, I’m not tall either at 5ft10. Boot has plenty of space though and no problem taking the family away for a few nights, it would probably struggle to take us to airport though if we had 10 days of luggage to squeeze in. Again none of this surprised me, had a fair idea of all this from online reviews and seeing the car before I bought it. I didn’t buy it as the primary family car so no big deal for me but if you did then I’d be looking at that more if I were you!!

Overall delighted with it, worth the long wait, it does make me wet my appetite for the i5 now though!! 😂

So I’d say to the others that are waiting to hang in there, it’s a great car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Good review, you slated almost everything about it but still love it! Pure petrol head in these ev times. I've no doubt it's a fantastic drive.

The i5 will be a cracker of a car I reckon, but I've always been a 5 series man rather than a 4 series.

Are you planning to take your order next year and trade in this years m50?

If it makes sense at the time then I will, will really come down to what I can sell or trade in the one I have now. I got a couple of k discount on the one I’ve on order and the one I bought has gone up in price by a couple of k. So will see at the time.

Id be quite embarrassed to in all honesty! People will think I’m nuts!

What wheels? 20s? I would say 135kmph is the main reason for high consumption.

Shame about the gimped up options but probably the only reason the car was delivered this year it seems.

I couldn't live without all those missing options personally now that I had them in the last few cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

Are they still aiming for 2024 launch of the i5? You might want to mention it to you’re dealership now the way these BMW waitlists are going :)

• Advertisement

Based on current pricing and trends, I can see the 40 model of the i5 costing 85/90k plus and the performance model 110k. This would be similar to Mercedes’ eqe prices.

mad money in my view.

Advertisement