Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Madness getting married that young. But good luck to the crazy kids.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Just watched the MJF vs Yuta match and think MJF looks on insanely good shape. Unbelievably so 😂

Teasing a face turn caught me off guard.

WON saying Saraya has now been cleared by AEW’s medical team.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I imagine a match is still a long time away. Training, ring rust, seeing what bumps she's capable of etc.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea I hope they do a slow build to her return with the big match being against Britt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Baker being handed everything as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mox signed a new 5 year contract

October 7, 2022 – AEW CEO, GM and Head of Creative Tony Khan announced that AEW World Champion Jon Moxley has signed a five-year contract extension. This ensures that one of professional wrestling’s top stars will remain in All Elite Wrestling through 2027, while expanding his responsibilities to include mentoring and coaching talent. Moving forward, Moxley will work exclusively for AEW and its international partners, including New Japan Pro Wrestling, where he is a two-time IWGP United States Heavyweight Champion........

“I love AEW and the spirit of both the company and its fans,” said Jon Moxley. “I cherish our shared passion for the sport of professional wrestling, and I’m going to dedicate everything I have in mind, body and spirit to helping AEW be the best it can be going forward.”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

Sounds like based on that he won't be doing GCW or other indies going forward. 5 years is big contract, he seems happy there and has definitely been a great representative for AEW and always carried the ball when given it for them. Good for him and bet he's getting a lot of money for it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,785 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I'm

I'm very interested how GCW handle the main event tonight, If mox goes over how do you get the belt off him.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

i wonder if Punk and the Elite never got suspended would he have gotten such a big contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

I thought the exact same thing. Having him lose is a bad look considering he is AEW champ but how do you get the belt off him if he is done. Shenanigans? Don't think that's the sort of thing GCW normally go in for. It'll be interesting.

Good point, I think he's shown to them that he can step up whenever called and realistically with Punk gone and Jericho likely winding down over the next few years (maybe) they probably need a big Non-Elite guy and he is totally what they need in that regard. It definitely sends a message too that AEW don't need any of the suspended people and that not ever ex-WWE guy is hoping to return.

Private Party are just so good at bumping and making their opponents look so good.

Frightful sayin WWE believe Renee Paquette is about to sign for AEW.

Mox had been a free agent since before All Out before signing the 5 year deal on Friday.

If he signed a original 3 year deal that would have ran out last May so he may have been working as a free agent for as long as 4 months.

That’s an insane amount of confidence shown in him then, putting the title on him twice during all the drama. Imagine how devastating it would have been if they popped the title on him and he walked back to WWE 😳

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

NJPW Strong has been putting on some great TV and if you haven't watched maybe Eddie vs. Jay might get you to check it out.

I'd say Moxley had verbally agreed to stay. He strikes me as someone who would take a commitment like that very seriously too. If he's committed for five years it's no great surprise that Renee is likely to come in too. Though I'd be curious as to her role. Backstage interviewer would be a waste and it's not like they have the amount of programming WWE has like kick off shows and reaction shows.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Take JR off commentary and plop her there, would be a marked improvement immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

She was crap at commentary.

Nigel McGuiness is free, he was good the handful of times I heard him.

• Advertisement

Yeah Renee was not great at commentary although she has said she couldn't handle Vince screaming in her ear all the time so she may be better at it without that. She was perfect for what she was doing for WWE, acting as a host and a foil for others to work off. She was great on Talking Smack for example. She has a sense of humour and a good personality.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Couldn't care less if she signs to be honest, I always thought her a bit bland for wrestling. Not aggressively bad though at least.

And she's not going to make any difference either way, we need more bookers and scriptwriters than anything else. Another Battle of the Belts gone by this weekend without anything of note happening and almost no reaction online, there's a million belts but we can't get a single title change.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭rodders999

How long before there’s a resolution (one way or another) to the Bucks/Kenny/Punk stuff.

Will we ever see any of them again? Surely it can be put to bed like say a training ground bust up that happens in other sports when blows can be thrown between players but it’s sorted in house and everyone moves on?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I don't know what Renee would do on AEW. Lexy Nair, Alex Marvez and even Schivonne all cover the backstage interview bits quite well, not sure what Renee adds to that. They have all the RoH commentators do desk duty too. I enjoy her podcasts though, she does them very well. And I'm very glad Mox has signed on for 5 more years.

Seems like it's going to go to court with the way no one is talking about it (probably on pain of a major lawsuit and sacking from the company). Given it's in the public eye, it's really easy for one side or another to claim they can't have a fair trial and get a mistrial if there's any commentary from the company or its employees about it.

Considering AEW's head of legal was there when this all went down I doubt it will be blown off espically if someone is threating legal action.

Nick Jackson who got hit with a chair and Kenny Omega who got bitten by another human being probably the two who would have the best case to take leagal action against those who assualted them.

Nick could be waiting on concussion protocals.

Kenny especially if he had skin broken from the bite could be waiting on the results of HIV and Hepatitis tests which can take 8 months before the full results are back.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I think Punk's also got a fair legal case too if 3 of the EVP's of the company kicked down his door and insisted he answer for his words on the presser. Your boss(es) can't just do that, even in a barbaric place like the USA where employees have no rights :)

It’s been confirmed now by reports from both sides the door was open and they all walked in no door was kicked open.

I have also seen it reported the Tony implied in the the presser before all this happened that Punk also had an office role so he may also have an EVP title on his contract which would make them all equals.

Ace Steel allegedly knocked out Nick Jackson with a chair to the head and bite Kenny Omega he should be very worried not just about losing his job but doing prison time especially if as has been widely reported AEW's head of legal was there and witnessed the whole thing.

This is not a kayfade territory wrestling company of the 60's, 70's, 80's or 90's this is a multi million dollar corporate company in corporate America.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Cutler and Buck were quickly cleared of any wrongdoing and returned to work.

Anybody still suspended is clearly caught up in a fairly complex situation where no one party is strictly innocent or guilty.

If Ace Steel committed two acts of unprovoked criminal assault (one with a potentially deadly weapon) he would have been arrested by now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I'm not so sure Kenny is in the clear yet, there was a picture of him with a big bruise on his inner forearm which is supposedly the bite mark.. which could likely be from an attempt to put on a choke

Advertisement