Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

"And to think, those children who died are going to miss the Toy Show in a few weeks...they should be sitting with their parents in their officially licensed Late Late Show pyjamas thinking to themselves 'Isn't Ryan just the best tv host ever? He's so kind, and intriguing....and incredibly good-looking'....and now that delicious joy has been taken away from them...bonkers"

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

How much did you donate Ryan?

• Crying texts created in-house

"kind and beautiful"

For a man who claims to read as much as he does, he has an incredibly limited vocabulary.

Ad break now. At 9:16. He has so little to say it's frightening. I wonder can he borrow Joe Duffy's Corrs cd to fill in the gaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Paterson Jerins

Tubs thinks he is good at this. Himself and staff have been preparing that speech since Saturday morning. Maybe he should become a priest?

It's hard to take him serious. Will he visit creeslough and put a picture of himself on his instratubridy????

• I’m surprised he isn’t there already, but it might have interfered with his weekend plans.

Guest at 9:21. Normally he'd still be riffin' at this time.

I'm out.

• Advertisement

• An actually interesting guest, but I imagine beyond the host’s intellectual grasp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭QueensGael

He perked up when the guest mentioned Clifden, but not so much for all the other interesting things the man spoke about 🙄

Baz, Elvis, again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,425 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

May I have a word about… the overuse of the word ‘incredible’

Jonathan Bouquet

‘Very’ or ‘remarkable’ are infinitely preferable. That the word is so ubiquitous is, frankly, beyond belief

Thank you once again for your delicious contribution.

Care to comment on Tubs interchanging "unimaginable" and "imaginable", and over-using the former this morning? No, of course not - because Tubs is never wrong. He's just kind, intriguing, a little bit bonkers....and of course, delicious.

Or ever care to comment on Tubs actually? You know, the host of the subject of the thread..........or the delicious thread as you probably call it? Hmm, intriguing.

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

NK and Co. weren't long getting the press release out this morning (10:08) :

'Shellshocked' Ryan Tubridy pays emotional tribute to Creeslough victims

The horror blast happened at an Applegreen filling station in the Co Donegal village on Friday

ByAakanksha Surve

10:08, 10 OCT 2022UPDATED10:09, 10 OCT 2022

RTE star Ryan Tubridy (Image: Collins)

A "shellshocked" Ryan Tubridy paid an emotional tribute to the Creeslough community after a devastation explosion claimed the lives of 10 people.

The horror blast happened at an Applegreen filling station in the Co Donegal village on Friday. The RTE star said this morning: "I’m looking at ten faces at the front of all the papers that I shouldn’t be looking at today. These are ten people that should be going to school and should be going to work.

"They should be having breakfast and should be picking up their coffee. They should be doing what are considered to be mundane things."

Those who died were 50-year-old Robert Garwe and his five-year-old daughter Shauna Flanagan Garwe; 48-year-old James O’Flaherty; 24-year-old Jessica Gallagher; 49-year-old Martin McGill; 39-year-old Catherine O’Donnell and her 13-year-old son James Monaghan; 59-year-old Hugh Kelly; 49-year-old Martina Martin; and 14-year-old Leona Harper.

Speaking on the Ryan Tubridy Show, Ryan said: "It feels like a bomb went off. Of course, it wasn’t a bomb, it was an explosion.

"People are still shellshocked. Shellshocked by the number of victims and the ages of them. Shellshocked by the randomness of it all."

Ryan added that a listener had gotten in touch with him on Instagram over the weekend to say that her husband was the last man out of the station before the explosion happened. He said: "He closed the door and the explosion happened. Random. He’s there today for breakfast. It’s unfathomable."

The RTE host spoke about five-year-old Shauna Flanagan Garwe who went in with her father to buy a cake for her mother. A devastated Ryan said: "It’s unimaginable.

"The magnitude of the grief that these families are going through is unimaginable. The bleakness of the future for these families is unimaginable."

But Ryan said he was struck by hope after reading about hardworking volunteers digging overnight to look for survivors. He added: "You get hope when you see the kindness of the community, don’t you? You get hope when you see people handing out sandwiches and coffee and saying, ‘No charge’.

"I was reading today of people working all through the night with diggers and their bare hands just to try and find some hope amongst the rubble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Paterson Jerins

Shellshockingly beautifully beautiful comment here

• Advertisement

Thank you for that delicious praise, Paterson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

NK's motto - 'Never waste a good tragedy' - 'Okay, listen up team. We can earn off this one guys - get busy with the red tops and make sure Dr David Coleman gets on with Claire for his 500 quid 7 min telephone call'

@elperello - On the disgustingly repulsive scale, where would you put this sort of behaviour - 9, 9.5, 11 or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I'm not sure why you are asking me to comment.

I haven't posted anything on this thread relating to the Creeslough tragedy and I have no intention of doing so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

I asked you in particular because you defend these people continuously, so I was wondering what you thought about the shamelessness displayed in the pursuit of money - that's all

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Kildare1976

Monkstown and hour ago, intriguing. A 20 minute drive to rte... He must literally rock up to his desk at 8:15 to see what gorgeous letters and fipperies have been dropped on his desk since 10:01 yesterday when he left.

Tubs: If you look closely you can see the sea is crying tears for the dead children of Donegal............what their living friends need now more than anything is a copy of "Patrick and the President" to help them through this difficult time. And while we're talking books, you can still get "The First Christmas Jumper" in time for Christmas too.

• Advertisement

Tubs sounds very jolly today. It's almost like he's forgotten the sadness from yesterday. Intriguing.

Fake accents already.

"Funny guy."

Two words never uttered by anyone when describing the host of this programme.

Multi-millionaire tax avoider gifted a job for life laughing at those deciding if they can afford turn on the heat at the moment.

Tubs shares his top tip for winter - get a hot water bottle!

• Advertisement

Lo - "Vay-ola Davis"

🤣

So funny, it's such a fun game playing trying to keep yourself warm and not turn the heating on. You're so in touch with the people.

It's not a game, people can't afford to pay their bills.

American presidents...

"the nerd in me is strong"

😴😴😴

Back to the overemphasized "THAT"s again.

Hamilton Bingo.

The wokest musical of all time!

Tubs plays an interview of himself. Jesus his vanity knows no bounds.

He has resorted to playing old clips of his own show to fill airtime, and it's only 09:15...

Ah, Kenneth Brannagh, because he was a guest you refused to say "Death on the Nile" was utter shoyte. which it was.

• Advertisement

BONKERS Bingo.

The narcissism is unreal... Playing. A clip of himself, which was really boring just to show how clever he is.

Ready to pick on bald guys again

Tubs "gently joshing" (i.e. bullying) a bald man again - this time a colleague.

You should ashamed of yourself for that post..

Today's "salve" will be Aretha Franklin

I should be ashamed? Did you hear him yesterday? Did you hear Joe Duffy?

No, I'm not ashamed for pointing out the faux-sympathy from these people. You should be embarrassed that you can't see it and that you stick up for them.

It actually breaks my heart that poor vulnerable people text him while they are waiting for hospital results.. He doesnt give one damn about them.

Slags off non-Irish hosts for not being able to pronounce Irish names

Mangles the pronunciation of Gránia

🙄

• Advertisement

I'd you're bored in your job...

Advertisement