Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 7/Pixel 7 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Blut2

I'm curious to see what reviews/tests say about the battery life because of this too. It seems like a backwards step.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Phgirl28

So when is the preorder period officially over?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Tempted to change from Pixel 5- to the Pixel 7 (zero interest in the Pro)

Presume it would be a major upgrade!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭TheRona

Preorder to have it on release day, or preorder to get the gift from Germany/UK/France? My order for Ireland has been ready to dispatch for the last day or two, can't cancel. Expected delivery Wed/Thu. I'd say you have to order today to get it on release.

If you mean to get the preorder gift, you have to order by 17th October.

It's a lot bigger, that's for sure. The Pixel 5 was a great device.

There's really very little difference between the Pro and the standard, just a bit of height. One hand usability isn't really any different. I'm surprised they didn't try to make the standard model a bit smaller.

There's really very little difference between the Pro and the standard, just a bit of height. One hand usability isn't really any different. I'm surprised they didn't try to make the standard model a bit smaller.

Apart from the screen refresh rate, 50% more RAM, bigger battery and the extra camera (telephoto) of course.

• Advertisement

Yes to get the preorder gift, thank you. So it looks like I can still wait for reviews before biting the bullet 😸

Yes to get the preorder gift, thank you. So it looks like I can still wait for reviews before biting the bullet 😸

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

No movement on my order yet. Still saying Estimated delivery date: Oct 13 – Oct 15 and not sent yet.

Money not taken either. Hopefully they either accept it or reject it soon. Hate the waiting around refreshing the order page.

I don't think I can justify getting it at this stage if I don't get the preorder. Crazy that they just didn't offer it to us here. We're not a large market and wouldn't even take up much of their inventory. Anyway, we'll wait and see I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Philip42

Interesting, i was looking at the S22 Plus. So you wouldn’t recommend? That bad? Might go for a standard Pixel 7 so. As someone else said, the no gift rules the pro out for me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

I personaly wouldnt no, my main issues are below in no particular order....

1) Camera is very hit and miss

2) Battery life is average but downright catestrophic if connected to 5G. I'm a very heavy user and a lot of the social media apps dont play nice here but even on wifi only for the day I'd get through a full charge with 4-5hrs Screen on time maximum. (my phone spends the vast majority of its time in battery saver mode when out of the house now)

3) One UI animations speed drive me absolutely demented (So i moved to Nova launcher)

4) Unable to delete samsungs own apps such as the dialler/contacts/calender/messages etc (get in the bin please samsung)

The S22 was my first samsung since the S10 and I've had the Pixel 2, 5 and 6. I actually bought the S22+ to replace my 6 due to issues I had with the cheapo screen Google used. Serious green tint issues on two units but I'd have stuck it out in hindsight. From what I can tell from inital feedback the Pixel 7 screen is much improved anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Philip42

Thanks for that. Very insightful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,935 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

I wouldn’t worry about lack of movement yet. Google can get it to you next day so you might not see movement until 12th.

Cool. Thanks for that. I wouldn't normally be worried about it, only that there is a decent chance they cancel the order due to it going to a parcel forwarding it address in Germany. They have definitely done it in the past anyway. Hopefully not this time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

That's good to know. Actually just looking at the specs and the P7 Pro (6.41 x 3.02 x 0.35 in) seems to be a fraction smaller but wider than the P6 Pro (6.45 x 2.99 x 0.35 in). My P6 is (6.24 x 2.94 x 0.35 in) in comparison. So like you say, it's not a huge difference, especially since I came from the P5 to the P6. That took a while of get used to!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Venara

Just received confirmation that my order has been shipped, along with a DHL tracking number.

Quick recap for those who have questions and may consider ordering from the German store themselves:

• I went to the German Store by changing the country at the bottom of the page (while on the Irish store page).

• I used my own Google account, with my personal information and Irish registered address.

• I ordered the "Pixel 7 Pro Obsidian 128 GB", with the "Google Pixel Buds Pro in Charcoal" as my free gift.

• I sent the order to my sister's private residential address in Germany.

• I paid with PayPal, which charged my Irish debit card for the payment.

• The order was placed on Oct 7th at 11pm. Payment charged successfully the same day.

• Shipment confirmation and tracking received today, Oct 11 at 3.15am.

• The shipment is currently awaiting collection by the courier. Estimated delivery is Oct 13-14.

Most notably, I did not use a forwarding service. I will have my sister forward the package to me once received.

My Irish order also received shipping notification earlier this morning. I'll have to refuse delivery, or use their return process to send it back. Thankfully Google refund you as soon as you drop it in to DHL.

I went a similar route to you with the Germany order, will wait to hear from my friend over there regarding when it is shipped. I didn't order until Saturday evening, though.

Out of interest, why did you go for the buds? You could have gone for the Pixel Watch LTE, sold it, and then bought the buds and still had an extra €100 in your pocket.

BTW, my charge on AIB for my Irish order is still showing as pending, as is my Revolut card for the German order.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Venara

Mix of sheer laziness and me thinking there would be much more demand for the watch (+possible delays as a result) because people will try to do exactly what you suggested due to the higher value of the watch. Also, supposedly the LTE version won't work outside Germany due to having a German eSIM, so that would have potentially added another layer of difficulty to selling it.

I know I could've sold the watch, bought the buds and made some cash back on it, but I just couldn't really be bothered with the hassle of it all. This way I'm getting exactly what I wanted right away and don't have to worry about all that.

Shipping date window for my German order through a forwarding address has moved out one day, from 13th to 15th, to 14th to 15th.

Not canceled yet anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,475 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Order got cancelled, could not verify payment information. Feck it anyway.

• Advertisement

What did you use for your payment? Did you have to do some kind of 2FA when paying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,475 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Yeah I think it was to do with my account. I have reordered there now and it took the money and have an earlier delivery date! I had to pick black for phone though, hazel is sold out now.

Awesome. That's great news. With the money taken it's unlikely they will cancel now. I paid through PayPal so hope that doesn't cause any issues. I'll know soon enough as the delivery date is 14th or 15th so will have to ship Thursday or Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

I wouldn't definitely chance the German forwarding idea now if the 256GB was still in stock :(

Spigen cases are currently on sale on Amazon.de. Its annoying that they don't sell them on Amazon.co.uk anymore.

Managed to get the old faithful rugged armour for €18 delivered.

That is annoying actually. I'll probably just go for a clear case as I like to be able to see the phone underneath. I actually put a skin on my Pixel 6 and that's one of the reasons I like the clear ones. Will get one on Amazon to get me started if the order goes through, before I order a big selection of them on AliExpress.

Hate how long delivery takes, but you can't argue with the prices.

Otterbox have a clear case for the Pixel 7 & Pro on their site.

Thanks for that. I'll have a look.

Just noticed an update on my order. It is now saying "Ready to ship" rather than "Ordered". Glad I took screenshots before because I would be doubting myself as to whether it changed at all. Hopefully it'll ship soon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Wish the review embargo would hurry up.....want to pull the trigger via the German forwarding service.

Keep looking at this on my note 9...

https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-Note9,Google-Pixel-7,Apple-iPhone-13/phones/10857,11908,11634

Advertisement