Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Normally don't care too much about missing out but this is such a big thing to miss out on, of course they fix it quickly when they still haven't given out the compensation for the Haaland SBC pack.

Once they realised their mistake they should've at least allowed everyone to buy one untradeable hero imo.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

There is no chance they'll give people a pack or a pick out of this.

The people who bought it will get a combo pack cause the pack was mislabelled!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Well, that was mad night of FIFA! Between Herogate and the below:

So to follow on from the above post a few days ago and my post earlier querying about the old gen version of the game - I decided to try the old gen version and used my last 4 Champs qualifying games, which I knew I had no chance of progressing from, to test it out.

First game, conceded from kick off so just instantly quit. Controller nearly went out the window. Second game, I won. Third game, I won and everything felt like it was clicking. Fourth game, I won 5-2 and ended up qualifying in the last game to go 4-6 overall!

Said I would give Champs a go on the miniscule chance of red Haaland but also because even 2 wins now gets you decent rewards. 3 hours later and I'd gone 11-8 and then gave my last two away. 11 wins is my best ever finish under the new system. At one point I was even 8-2 before the ELO took hold and I was matching up against far superior players.

Maddison, Smalling and Clauss were the best options from 15 reds. 3 discards in the TOTW pack, and the best pull in terms of rating/cost from all the packs was Ruben Dias. But overall between the 30k for 11 wins, plus the 30k for quick selling the 3 discards and a few coins for discarding rubbish and the odd player who will go for a k or two, I reckon I probably made circa 75,000 coins and that's before I sell Dias when his price goes up over the next few weeks.

Managed to snag a Hero pack before it got pulled and ended up with Ricardo Carvalho who sold for 80,000, which gave me around 55,000 profit.

With regards to old gen, it plays similar to 22. I have a very good team for this stage of the game and feel that on old gen you can exploit that a lot more, whereas on new gen even a Neymar doesn't hugely stand out as you have big lumps at the back who can out-sprint him if they are "lenghty". Admittedly for that reason I'll probably keep playing on old gen for the time-being as I find it easier to get wins.

So overall tonight I went from needing 3 wins in a row to even qualify for WL, to hitting my best ever 11 wins and making about 130,000 between WL rewards and Herogate. 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

They also labelled the expiry as next week and then pulled it. It's all bollocks really, someone has no doubt lost their job over it.

How on earth there is no quality control and 3 or 4 people checking things before they release them for a company as big as EA is mental.

Now we have people who have opened the packs who got a hero and most likely an untradeable hero. And then the guys who weren't on at 6 with nothing at all. It's not fair but I doubt EA give a flying fúck.

And anyone who originally had a hero bought at the original prices or people who have invested in them have obviously lost out as even though the hero cards are going back up in price they won't get back to where they were with the current supply.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ea will never be that nice haha. I normally check the app at 6 but I was busy painting so I missed out which is a bummer but still waiting for the 2 compo packs they already messed up so there will be more mess ups from them so I am setting an alarm for 6 every day now just in case :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

My heart bleeds for you, cause we all know how unlucky you are in general when it comes to Fifa 😋

Don't usually do squad battles for rewards, but ran through it a few times during the week for various objective packs. Which is how I got RTTF Lemar this morning. A nice coin boost, especially since I was going to take the plunge and grab Varane today. Team will look like this now (plus Varane latter on, in for Martinez).

Feel I'm at the point now where my next "upgrades" probably need to be top level players, like icons or the likes.

I’m not sure how to invest my 300k now. I don’t want to make the same mistake as last year and waste it on cards that have a very short lifespan.

I can afford Cordoba but not sure he’s worth it this year with the pace changes.

If you're happy enough with your team and don't mind waiting a few weeks, I'd suggest stocking your club with one each of as many of the cheapest 83-88 players as you can.

There's some interesting SBC's have been added to the code such as a Base Icon Pack and apparently that Hero debacle yesterday was supposed to be an SBC but they made a mess of it.

They're all so close to discard prices now that you can't fail to profit, but as mentioned it could be a few weeks.

I've put 500k into club stocking one each of every discard priced 83, 84, 85 and 87. I skipped 86's as the cheapest ones are only about 1,000 less than the cheapest 87 (Alexander-Arnold).

Fodder will never be this cheap again once a half decent SBC drops so I think it's the perfect time as I'm happy with my team even for the next month or so.

The 85's onwards all seem to be climbing a bit today especially so I wouldn't be surprised if something big is coming very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Rumours of icon SBCs coming up - I heard mid Vidic and a general base icon SBC. I’m going to club stock one of each of the 84+ fodder I reckon.

Yep, I've done the same.

It's guaranteed to be a decent profit, just a matter of when and not if.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

For fodder lads Mason Mount is the golden goose at the moment. 84 rated from a good league and I'm picking him up on bid for less than 2k.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So I'm running this team atm and getting some decent results!

Anthony and James are ridiculous create so many chances on that side that I forget Zaha is no bum on the other side haha!

For a Cb and Cdm Varane and Casemiro get into very advanced positions through out games Varane is very quick as well.

Half way through Div 9 don't really see any obvious upgrades atm unless I can find a lot more money from somewhere! Have Foden CAM on bench that I bring in most games would love to be able to start him but want the full chem.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Just position change foden to CM and its still full chem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Whoops, I was thinking about Mason Mount been able to swap to CM so :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Forgot about my Squad Battles rewards. Only got Gold 1 so wasn't expecting anything but got Nkunku! Nice 120k coins for a few games. Up to 300k in coins now so will probably invest in a few Ruben Dias cards and maybe some 84 IFs in the hope of an sbc soon.

Yeah can't switch him to cm unfortunately annoying cause he's brilliant always seems to be involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Shows how broken the chemistry system is. Foden should be able to play CM with some chemistry.

I know it makes no sense that he can play Cam and not Cm!

It's just all about them making more money.

No doubt there will be a promo Foden card in future with different positions available. In my own case I have Lozano playing RW, but his IF can only play LW. Makes no sense at all.

Positions should be assigned to a player rather than a specific card for that player (with the exception of Shapeshifters promo). Foden is Foden, after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

What can we expect 88s to rise to if a decent icon SBC comes out? They are currently around 23-24k, I know if I invest it will probably go tits up but I am tempted 😆

Around 35k IMO.

It definitely won't go tits up, it's guaranteed to happen, but it's all about how long you want to wait.

They could drop a base icon SBC this week and they'd fly up, or it could be mid-November.

It's disgraceful that they haven't compensated me yet for their mislabeled Hero pack.

At this point, I presume they'll ignore it and hope everyone forgets about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Been using NIF Raphinia so bought the RTTK, first team I've started feeling good with and not just like Ginola is carrying me (even though he still is). 4231 is the boring go-to and I'll probably switch off of it soon but it's a really good formation for learning the game if you're struggling.

In my “spend coins more freely” mentality this year, opened the 25k pack with the loan RTTK and loan Icon.

Casilas as my icon, Simon as my loan RTTK. But also got a RTTK Muller, so that’s my CAM super sub sorted. Between him and OTW Lewandowski, I’ve got a Bayern P&P forming on my bench 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Did the 80+ TOTW and still don’t know the tell for a walkout… only that the lights shine for a board. Of course, I’m baited by the Norwegian ST Sorloth :(

Really enjoying the gameplay this year, halfway through div 6 with this team and surprisingly a positive record, which is rare for me at the start of a game. Fully untradeable, Thiago and Bruno are brilliant.. that back line too has to be one of the best for your coins. Really holds up well. (Playing 4231 IG)

Up to division 4 now with this team.

Playing 4-2-3-1 in game with everyone on full chemistry. The CAM's play a bit wider than it appears on the image.

I'm flip-flopping between old-gen and new-gen. Both versions have pros and cons. Ironically if they combined the pros from each version, they'd have the perfect game! 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I think 4-3-3 is the best formation this year. Up to Div 6 as well running 4-3-3 (2) and i'm generally an average player.

Crossplay is a good idea, means no waiting time and there seems to be less people acting the bollocks with quitting just before conceding or after giving away penalties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,118 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

im sticking with 3-5-2 so far havent had the chance to play much but out of 10 & 9 relatively quickly, we will see how 352 holds up as i move through the divisions (or not :D)

Advertisement