Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Ramsay was signed and the medical team missed an underlying injury. How is that Ward's fault?

Carvahlo is one for the future and if he doesn't make it then we will make our money back on him

I suppose it's Ward's fault Nunez got sent off and missed three games. Also Nunez came into a team that is majorly malfunctioning but you still are prepared to write him off. You don't rate him,we get it.

Scoring goals has not been our problem so squad players like Taki and Origi has not been a factor in our malaise this season.

I'll give you Arthur,he was a disaster of a signing.

As for midfield,we know klopp wanted the French guy but he chose Madrid over us. Nothing Ward could do with that. After that no one knows what went on between FSG,Ward and Klopp for the rest of the season. Remember when we failed to get VVD in the summer and there was hysteria here that we didn't sign a centre back for the sake of it. Klopp wanted to wait for the right signing.

Of course our lack of investment in midfield has come back to bite us but no one knows the exact reasons for that so why you put all the blame on Ward?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Antony must be around the same goals per 90 as Firmino. 3 in 3, and came off after about an hour against Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Not that I'd wish an injury on any player but that City game just now without Haaland was not one showcasing a team we should fear. But sadly they'll have Haaland at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

Speaking of injuries what are we thinking is going on with the amount of injuries we are getting? Is it just bad luck or something else going on? We definitely seems very unlucky in this regard.

Are players training too hard or is it an accumulation of the years of high intensity training and playing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,049 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Does seem a bit mad alright… I’d say the intensity of last season, along with a short and kind of disjointed preseason with the Asian tour hasn’t helped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

Yes last season clearly a huge issue theres a reason teams don't usually play every possible game ha. We really seem to be paying for it now.

Very similar to the fall off after we won the league. Sure I suppose if we can manage a massive season every second year I’d be alright with that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,495 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The good thing about this season is it's so long, time for form to come for us, and leave others. Who knows how we start the second part after the World Cup, 6 league games left before world cup, 22 league games next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I see Bellingham has scored again tonight. I really really hope we manage to sign him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I never actually blamed Ward himself, I said his first window has been a farce, which it has,

Ward is in charge of Transfers if they don't work out he'll get the blame just like the man before him got the credit,

Also I never wrote Nun2off, but I I said up to that point he was horrendous which he was,

He's had 2 good first half since then not even two good games just 45 minutes in each game, which isn't much to ask from a 70 million pound signing, Let's hope he can keep improving

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Unfortunately I don't see that happening now. The whole 'crazy figures' line will have to be used again by the boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Him and Mbappe lining up to sign for us going by idiots on social media today...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I don't want mbappe. Egotistical fucker.

Bellingham we need

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Bellingham and Mbappe, Summer 2023: "We've always dreamed to play a Caraboa Cup, Northern section, round 2 tie away to Stockport"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

It was a very poor window by any measure.

Unless Nunez scores 20 goals of course but you'd expect that for the fortune we paid for him.

Carvalho and Ramsay don't appear to be much use squad wise (Carvalho's fine goal against Newcastle not withstanding, it is difficult to see how he fits in a 4-3-3 unless we've an injury crisis).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Atta boy Jurgen...

😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Tore Hamann a new arsehole there! Didi will ramp up the bitterness 200% the next time he's on RTE...

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭505_

Does Klopp have previous with Hamann?

• Advertisement

I've a feeling there was some historical thing between them alright... wasn't there something with Hamann being pissed off that Klopp didn't give him a job? Vaguely remember something to that effect anyway..

But even just a few days ago, Didi was saying that he reckons Klopp could be in line for the sack, so that alone was probably enough to set Klopp off today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Came on here to post the exact thing.

Criticising Hamann's reputation publicly when all he said is Liverpool lack a spark seems very poor on the face of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Think there has been a lot more to it than that. Hamann has been constantly negative towards Klopps ever since he took charge, regardless of the results...I was reading on the Reddit forum before that Hamman made comments years ago, I think it was on a German Radio station stating that the Dortmund players who were moving to Bayern were better off in the long run. I don't think Klopp ever forgave him for that and apparently refused him a job at Liverpool over it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Ah, Didi the pundit, nothing but a moaning fool. He never stops, we could win 5-0 and he'd point to a corner that hit the first man. I take no notice of anything he says.

Now Did the footballer, I'd absolutely love to see a 27/28yo version of him in this team right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Tbf Hamman is not wrong about Dortmund players going to Munich; better wages and always in contention for the major honours, plus we are definitely missing a spark this season, everything is so laboured and lethargic. Klopp obviously feeling the strain of our recent results and struggling to find the solutions, he could have just answered the question instead of making a big deal of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Nah. If Klopp wants to have a pop at Didi, well he's fair game after all his b!tchy criticism through Klopp's reign.

• Advertisement

I wasn't trying to make the point whether he was right or wrong in what he was saying, just highlighting that issues between Klopp and Didi go back a long way. Klopp was hardly going to welcome the opinion that his best players would be better off playing elsewhere....he never shared the same opinion on Gerrard when Chelsea were lurking and we were not challenging for the top silverware every year.

Some talk that Salah & Thiago will be rested tonight and I'm not against it. It's the correct time/fixture to do it in IMO.

I've a feeling Milner will start in midfield - he should be able to play 60/75 mins of this fixture as he hasn't played any meaningful minutes in a 2 weeks. Keeps Hendo & Thiago fresh that way. Fabinho probably starts as he has not started the last 2 and he needs to get into rhythm before the Man City game.

Might see Elliot or Carvalho start I think, and Nunez & Jota too. Whether the last remaining spot is an attacker or midfielder, I'm unsure. I don't think Klop can start 3 senior forwards tonight and then again at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I don't think we can afford to drop points in this one. Win today and we're on 9 points, assuming Napoli beat Ajax then we only need one point from the last two games to guarantee qualification regardless of what Ajax do.

Yeah, it has the potential for a banana skin, but you'd expect the players to be able to get a result at the same time. This team should have enough, on paper at least.

Allison

Gomez Konate VVD Robbo

Milner Fabinho

Elliott X Jota

Nunez

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

I wasn't having a go at you, just pointing out that Klopp was over reacting to a fairly innocuous but, accurate comment (that we are lacking a spark). Not sure why you're bringing Gerrard into it, wasn't Hamman a teammate at the time, he was hardly going to publicly say Gerrard would be better off joining Chelsea, even if privately he believed that. Gerrard probably would have been better off going to Chelsea, he probably would have won a few league titles and a lot more silverware, it was obviously better for us that he stayed, but, he did give up certainty of success to stay with us. I'm obviously glad he stayed, but, it can also be acknowledged that he definitely could have had a more successful career elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Sorry, didn't mean it to sound like I was barking back....I used the Gerrard analogy because Hamann would have never thought or said publicy that Gerrard was better off at another club while he was his there. So he can't expect Klopp to accept him saying that Dortmund players would be better off elsewhere where while Klopp was their manager!

You'd have to imagine Bobby will start after being a sub the weekend,

But it be nice to see Carvalho play as a second striker the roll he played at Fulham, After all Rangers are Championship level,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,495 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

U19's showing the senior side how to do it beating Rangers 4-3 after going 3-1 up and then having a defender sent off Rangers got it back to 3-3 until a brilliant last goal for Liverpool with 15 mins to go. They have won 4 out of 4 in there Youth Champions League and ae though to the next round.

Interesting... would guess that means;

--------------Ali

Gomez--Konate--VVD--Tsimikas

-------Fabinho--Henderson

Elliott------Bobby----Carvalho

------------Nunez

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Delighted Salah is dropped.

I really hope Elliott does alright in that right wing channel (if that's where he plays tonight) - he can't play the traditional Salah role as he doesn't have the pace, but this new RW role Mo's been asked to do should be easier for him since it's a lot less dynamic. If he does ok there, we could maybe look at Mo as being the one playing off Nunez, which I'd much prefer. Basically shït sick of seeing Mo stuck a million miles away from where he can do damage. Think Mo and Nunez playing closer together could be fairly destructive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I think Mo needed a kick up the backside. I hope tonight is a bit of a wake up call for him. Jota could well come on before him too.

Mo closer to Nunez has to happen sooner rather than later. Mo gathering the ball in his own half is not what where we want him to be, but he still should be doing more. He has been largely anonymous for far too long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭cmac2009

It's great to see Konate back. I suspect many have forgotten how good he was for the second half of last season. Better than Virg imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Ajax doing some kamikaze defending tonight like we did against Napoli and getting the same treatment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,730 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Tsimikas needs to lose that hair.

Nunez certainly ain't making it look cool, so you've no chance pal

Front 4 look like a well, drilled back 4 there two straight

They need to get in & about each other to get some fluid play going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Ref shocking so far.

Good drive from Elliot....waited too long for the pass

Loose play from Carvalho