Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EV Charging Installation

Options
  • 11-10-2022 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

I'm currently in the process of setting up a EV charger supply and install business. I have a website, bank accounts and suppliers all set up. I've worked with a number of ev charging and solar businesses in the past from a marketing stand point in helping them generate lead (which was very successful) so I'm all good on the business end of things.

I'm looking to hire a qualified electrician so they can carry out the installs as obviously I can't do this myself.

The one thing that I'm very unsure about is around the Safe Electric registration and QC numbers. If I employee an electrician can he carry out the installs under his own QC number or would I have to register him under the business and get a QC number (Which I believe can take some time).

Any advice on the process would be amazing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

There's large companies hiring lads with QC numbers to carry out inspections

So safe to assume I think that you can hire people with QC numbers to do the work

It's getting them that would be the problem , why would anyone do it when they can make 3x the cash self employed doing the same

Good business to get into that and inspections i would consider recession proof

I spoke to a co looking to hire people with QC numbers for inspections

But sure yad be mad working your hole off driving from one place to another all week for the 50k salary

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

So you can hire someone with a QC number and they can carry out the full work under their QC number even if they are on your payroll?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

No. They’d have to be a rec too.think you may have to sub this work out or go into partnership

• Advertisement
Advertisement