Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best Pitch and Putt courses

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 limerickplayer

Glencullen P&P is a fine course, the 13th hole is well over the PPUI limit of 70m, however there are some fantastic shots to be played in the first six holes and the holes 14 to 18. Julianstown is decent also, Seapoint would be my favourite course in Leinster, I could spend hours playing up there on the crisp links turf. In Limerick; Parteen is indeed a fine course, when i played it in October they seemed to be redesigning some of the holes by having some type of burn winding its way through the course. The Glenside course in Murroe, Co.Limerick will host the Special Olympics pitch and putt competition, this is an outstanding course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Glencullen P&P is a fine course, the 13th hole is well over the PPUI limit of 70m, however there are some fantastic shots to be played in the first six holes and the holes 14 to 18. Julianstown is decent also, Seapoint would be my favourite course in Leinster, I could spend hours playing up there on the crisp links turf. In Limerick; Parteen is indeed a fine course, when i played it in October they seemed to be redesigning some of the holes by having some type of burn winding its way through the course. The Glenside course in Murroe, Co.Limerick will host the Special Olympics pitch and putt competition, this is an outstanding course.

Parteen host the All Ireland Matchplay this year too. Seapoint is fantastic a real test when the wind is up and the 16th is one of the best holes in the country. The 7th in Glencullen is fabulous

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nialls645

What are the green fees at claycastle?

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭eirman

The course in St Annes Park, Raheny, Dublin 5 is well worth playing.
    It's run by the Council and is well maintained.
    It has been extended from 12 to 18 holes in the past few years.

I recommend bringing an 8 iron as well as your pitcher as some of the holes are fairly long.
    The rough is tough so bring spare balls.

To improve your golf game, don't use tees!

€8 For adults ....€4 for Juniors

Car Park and entrance here: 53.375322,-6.18008

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

eirman wrote: »
    The course in St Annes Park, Raheny, Dublin 6 is well worth playing.
    It's run by the Council and is well maintained.
    It has been extended from 12 to 18 holes in the past few years.

I recommend bringing an 8 iron as well as your pitcher as some of the holes fairly long.
    The rough is tough so bring spare balls.

To improve your golf game, don't use tees!

€8 For adults ....€4 for Juniors

Car Park and entrance here: 53.375322,-6.18008

Only allowed one club other than the putter when playing pitch and putt by the rules. Just saying is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭eirman

Wombatman wrote: »
    Only allowed one club other than the putter when playing pitch and putt by the rules. Just saying is all.
    I don't think this course would qualify as a true p&p course as a few of the holes are too long ... more like par 3 golf holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭munster87

Any idea if you need to be an member to play Ierne course?

munster87 wrote: »
    Any idea if you need to be an member to play Ierne course?

Pretty sure you do, i think they take green fees only when you play with a member

Cheers mr. jingle. Any other course close to Santry worth a shout just for green fees?

Of the ones I know they are similar to Ierne as in regards to not having green fees and being accompanied by a member. Could be worth a try saying you'd like to become a member but would like to have a round on the course before deciding? Worth a go, worst that can happen is they say no.

Of others I know in the surrounding areas Shandon P&P near Dalymount Pk, Shandon Park estate and Erins Isle P&P in Finglas at the GAA club other than that i'm afraid I can't help you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭padzer

munster87 wrote: »
    Cheers mr. jingle. Any other course close to Santry worth a shout just for green fees?

Theres Tolka Valley par 3 on Ballyboggan road near Glasnevin Cemetary. I've never played it but i drive by it twice a day heading to work, some day i might give it a go.

Played out in Julianstown. Nice course, well kept.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Hi guys. I want to bring my father in law along for some pitch & putt when he visits from overseas. He retired recently and has been learning 'golf' (guy teaching him to swing at local driving range) he isn't bad at all, and has played a 9 hole course in Spain and done well.

Is Saint Anne's in Raheny still a nice course? I used to really enjoy it as a kid. Is a 9 iron and a putter enough? I recall some holes being a bit long.

Also, is it true the course on Raheny hilltop/Edenmore Park is closed/ or has been reduced to 9 holes since the pandemic? I learned to play on that course and have fond memories... It was certainly more beginner friendly than Saint Anne's.

Only interested in courses in the Dublin area, any other recommendations would be great!

EDIT: Sorry mods, just noticing the age of this thread now, feel free to move my post or let me know if I should create a new thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Salvadoor

I'm glad you resurrected it, a great read

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Clique

Since this thread started unfortunately a few of the courses no longer exist.

Erin's Isle and Good Counsel gone.

The only registered courses in Dublin in Pitch and Putt Ireland are:

Old County (Kimmage)

Loughlinstown (Opposite the hospital)

Lucan (12th lock)

Ierne (Tolka Park)

Fairview CY (Fairview)

Glenville (Firhouse)

Ringcommons (Balbriggan)

Shandon (Phibsboro)

RGSC or Roadstone (Kingswood)

Portmarnock (behind St.Annes Church)

Others still going I'd know of

Up the Kilternan/ Stepaside area and pay & play are Glencullen, Sandyford, Jamestown. Stepaside & Burrows are more Par 3.

Boherbabreena still going. Longmeadows in Ballyfermot too.

Elm Green also have a pitch & putt

Not sure of any others

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭willabur

Can you pay and pay at portmarnock?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭AhHaor

Glencullen is tremendous. Its quite sad how many have been lost over the last decade. I dont know how the burrows have resisted selling!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭omeara1113

Four courses in Offaly tullamore erry ferbane and edenderry as a matter of fact edenderrys scratch cup is on this Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Cashel and Clonmel still going in Tipp, although I’m not a fan of Clonmel’s course

Ardfert in Kerry is nice

Murroe in Limerick very nice

Monaleen in Limerick was very basic and closed a few years ago in favour of a 9 hole Par 3 course there instead which has also since closed I think

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Trampas

I remember playing Erin’s isle. Like concrete at times as no water system.

Is CPM gone? Clondalkin Paper Mills

Guinness went with trinity took over the place I believe

Dublin bus still going? Colcut road near Liffey valley

I remember the old igb. Did it had a hole which was elevated and a good slope on it? Can’t even remember where the course was as didn’t drive back then so didn’t pay much attention where it was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭miltonkrest

CPM still going as a 9 hole p&p. the creek gone,

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭swededmonkey

There's a P&P in Deer Park. Don't think there's plans to keep it once the redevelopment happens but that seems to be a good bit off yet

• Registered Users Posts: 31 chasingbirdies

If ever around Clare - Doolin P&P is pretty spectacular - great views! Course isn't too bad either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

I presume that Tolka Valley is still going??

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Clique

Cpm is now 9 holes. Erin's Isle was my favourite in Dublin, always liked it. Sad the way it went and how it went.

Guinness is gone, DCBS is still going but isn't registered, I think a few from RGSC play there still.

IGB was a class course, sad to see it lie there for so many years. It was about 1min away from The Goat pub in Goatstown. Great set up.

I wouldn't know too much about Tolka Valley

Portmarnock don't take green fees, their membership is ridiculous at this stage so doubt you'd get out!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Ashgrove P+P just outside Mooncoin, Co. Kilkenny (7 miles from Waterford city) has reopened again in the last couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭coleen

Castleisland And Deer Park two lovely courses in Kerry. Both welcome visitors

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭omeara1113

That time of year again when pitch and putt is at full blast country matchplay was last weekend ( well done to aengus coughlan in Offaly) the provincial and all Ireland matchplay qualifying coming up the next few weeks something to look forward to anyone playing?

Advertisement