Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish womens team singing 'Up the Ra'

Options
124»

Comments

I watched the game and was wholeheartedly supporting them. I shan’t be following them any more

• Registered Users Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Such utter scutter and whatabouttery. If it was the English or NI ladies team singing up the UDA or UVF it would be looked on with the same level of distaste. Im not a west brit and I despise rugby as a sport. Tell me, what would these Irish women, most likely all born in the Republic and many born post the GFA know about the troubles? For all the fighting "da ra" did, they were and are also actively involved in multiple criminal activities, never mind the murders of countless innocent people including children that had zero to do with the actions of the british government or loyalist paramilitaries'. During the summer videos of orange men singing distasteful crap were released and they were rightly vilified for it. Conor McMenamin was also lambasted for his similar guff a while back too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,735 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The only good thing to come from it. The North is a shambles.

The team are an international embarrassment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

So the young lady who put it on is an active supporter of the IRA?

In all likely hood?

No other explanation?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

They were silly to be singing it. They were stupid to be singing it while being recorded.

Have your 15 minutes of public celebration, but when you're in the dressing room, as Joseywhales says above, "We have no business knowing what happens in a dressing room, it's supposed to be a private safe area for a team."

The youngest and the oldest and everyone inbetween should know when to put the phones away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭HerrKuehn

I would say random scum burning flags at a bonfire is not as bad the girls who are representing their country on the international stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

If this is what sets a United Ireland back many years we are all doomed.

Anyway, they did something stupid (on many levels) then came out and apologiesed. I am not sure what else people want them to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,202 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

If you're ok with this, then you should equally be ok with people singing loyalist songs when celebrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

If you go on Twitter the people defending it are the same ones who’d lose their fcuking minds if the lionesses sang No surrender after they won the euros.

I couldn’t care who sings what, If an UKer called me a Fenian I would just laugh, it’s the hypocrisy that I find wearying.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

So the girls are worse than random scum?

Fúcking hell KAREN!!! 😂

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,141 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If someone had started a thread highlighting their wonderful achievement it would have been let run

This one though, like the first one I closed, is simply looking to be outraged

They have apologised

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement