Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Shower curtains! What the actual ****!

And hotels that still have them in this day and age!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The 101 Bus Eireann service has been absolutely appalling this week. I was waiting 40 minutes at Drumcondra Station yesterday eve before a sh!tbox double decker came along. By the time the bus got past the Swords bypass the top deck was packed and honking of BO and condensation. I just had to open a window so I could breathe and prevent myself from getting sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Earlier, I was pulling onto a main road I use almost every day, so know it inside out. Had a good bit of clearance to get out in front of van, something you'd do countless times without even thinking. Said van driver actually sped up extremely close to my back bumper and started to flash his lights and gesticulate at me. The thing is, the general flow of traffic had started to slow due to a fella crawling two cars ahead of me, and we were entering a 50KM zone anyway. He kept up the intimidating driving until I turned off the road (after making sure I crawled).

Now it annoyed rather than frightened me, but the next time he does it, it could be an elderly person or learner driver behind the wheel. Joke's on him too, as his company's email address was printed on the van, so I sent his employer an email explaining the same during lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭sporina

was out walking in my local park last night and I spotted a guy, stop by a rubbish bin and proceed to put his empty wine bottles into it (from his backpack)..

he knew I saw him but he didn't care..

the audacity

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Disposable vapes and the rubbish they create. Always teenagers, always f*ck everything they don't need directly on the ground in front of them. These are the same folks who will be out protesting about climate change next chance they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Two things

Recent trend of adding R and L indicators on socks. F**k sake. What sort of pillock dreamed that up?

And "easy reseal" wrapping that either never opens without tearing or when it does open won't actually stay sealed.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Saw a guy today throwing a cigarette butt out the window of his car onto the ground. He was parked beside a litter bin. Dirtbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Not getting to the 2 euro coffee stand before it closes for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Those are a god send to some of us who cant tell right from left and children who are learning the differences.

TA The ppl who share stories about their families members/friends who have dyspraxia, the wonderful support they got and how they got high marks and did well in academic or the arts bc of it! are sooooooooooooo happy now.

Must have heard this story at least once a day this month, I want to scream that not all dyslexics/dyspraxics/dyscalculics are the same. 😡🙄

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Just got home and wondered about the strange smell in the hallway. Naturally I suspected the dog had done something but I was wrong. It’s my own shoes. The whole lower floor smells like **** feet now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

Those flimsy pvc ones you still get some places! First it sticks to your leg, then when removing that it sticks to your arm.

Like being assaulted by a sticky plastic ghost.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

What REALLY gets my goat is when someone asks me what dyspraxia is and I try to explain to them how it effects me, they say stupid schite like "sure we're all like that" No, "we" are not. Recently had a woman march up and down on the spot with eyes closed to demonstrate to me how everyone's balance is a bit wonkey. Yes, says I, but mines like that with my eyes open. Seriously, if you're gonna ask me why I don't drive or have to walk down the stairs pausing with both feet on the same step or can't run at least accept my explanation. It's like they're trying to prove to me I'm making it up, or something. Next time they'll get a sharp "Mind your own fugging business! " If they already think I'm a weirdo for these slight deviations from the norm they can conclude I'm an asshole aswell.

If you can't tell right from left how does an R or L designation on a sock help?

Homesickness,normally it was never a problem.But for whatever reason tonight,it decided to rear it's head.So I'm drowning the bastard in bourbon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

a "large" bottle of coke in us local chippy is now a measly 1L one 😒 FFS! Saw the bottle in t'bag along with me scran, and thought, "she's only after giving me a 500ml one" , but no, on further inspection, 1Litre it was 😄

can't remember t'last time I got one there (might've been a yr ago) and it was bad enough then, as it was a mere 1.25L 😪

R for right L for left, I know some ppl cant tell if they are wearing socks on the "wrong" foot but I can and with enough exposure it teaches me which is which.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Pepsi was the last 2ltr hold out but they’ve caved now as well. Funny how the prices haven’t changed too much.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

huh? I've only ever worried about socks being a pair and lashing them on whatever foot... Are you saying that socks are like shoes?

How have I never known this? I thought the R and L were gimmicks

I mean I'm not going to change now... I've gone 41 years like this

I suppose you could look at it like that, I don't wear socks much but if they are on the wrong feet I can feel the difference(I think its a difference in the seams) or maybe its "another" "gift of dyslexia"

The letters could well be gimmicks(I know nothing to contradict) but even so that's how I would use them when I wear socks, other ppl will have different approaches. I know that with elderly ppl that is the kind of thing carers dressing them find it useful.

In terms of your socks, as in all things "you do you".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Any of my socks seem to be ambidextrous. 😉 In the morning, I don't even try to get a pair of socks that is an actual pair, just two socks that fit my feet. I hate when size 6-11 socks somehow appear...

Another sock-related trivial annoyance: lads not wearing any (with shoes).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 13,937 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Fancied a toast ham and cheese. The date on the cheese is the 14th , not to bad …. Of April 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Never in all my many years on this earth did I hear of socks being left or right ? I have washed Multiple pairs for women , men , babies , teens , kids , school socks , work socks and fancy socks and never saw any difference in them ever ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Why has boards not fixed this yet since the revamp, opening posts of threads, you agree with the poster so you click thanks. Example is the Long-lived standards thread, opening post as 3 thanks, I click thanks and it still stays at 3, I bring cursor over thanks and it doesn't display names. Why is this continuous in opening posts and when is it going to be fixed. A minor gripe I know but have been caught out a few times now and it baffles me.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,934 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I've never heard of left or right socks either, so either I've been unknowingly and randomly putting the correct sock on each foot all my life, or there's no such thing.

My TA, I'm busy and tired, it's not a good combination.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Pepsirebel

I'd be doing well to put the same colour sox on never mind L & R !!!

My TA is people......just people!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm cream crackered. Woke up at 5am and never got back to sleep thanks to my sister's cough, which is made even more irritating by the fact that she won't actually cough, just keeps clearing her throat. How I didn't go in and smother her with her own pillow, I'll never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Apparently you can buy socks for athletic use that are specifically for right and left . Something to do with seams and rubbing . But the normal everyday ordinary socks are not left or right specific

My TA today is a young women who quite obviously could not handle her big SUV parking in such a way that I couldn’t get my car door open . When I pointed out to her politely that she was well over the dividing line I get a blank stare and a no recognition of her bad parking. .

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement