Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Sea Connection

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I'm sure the whole closely-knit town/village knew the couple was going through the adoption process, so I don't think the arrival of the baby would necessarily raise suspesions.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭tinytobe

The ending leaves to much open. For this not to have a series 2, it's a rather bad ending.

What's happening the the Guard on suspension from duty?

What happened to the man charged with the drug possession?

What happened to the police woman from Sweden locked in?

Is the couple going to keep the baby, having no real adoption papers?

Is the old Swedish man and his wife going to run away because his history is eventually discovered?

And then, what's going to happen to the fish business covering for drug trafficking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,821 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Where did the baby come out of ?

Yeah the 2 wans gone off on the boat with the moody hubby after **** off somewhere

A pile of money exchanged hands from a woman in a shady outfit. Possibly the mother or a human trafficker. No apparent papers were exchanged, - all seemed illegal.

Future mother accepting things at face value, happy as a lark. Marriage and relationship seems ok at last....

The policewoman from Sweden made a phone call to the Guard on suspension from duty from within the cold room before being locked in, she can just call someone now to come get her out.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

She left a message, but as far as I recall, the phone was dropped outside the door. It appears she can't use the phone to call for help.

However the phone location might have been tracked or will be at some point.

Didn't see the phone being dropped but fair enough if it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Watched the finale last night...🙄🙄

The thing with the phone is odd...it looked like the mother found it left on a table outside the cold room (and brought it home?) but from what I saw there was no explanation as to how it got there.

I'll be amazed if this gets a second season tbh.... absolute garbage (albeit strangely compelling in a cringey way)...woeful plot and acting from start to finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I gave up after episode 2, did it get any better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I watched it all.

I thought the first two or so episodes were decent, there was a bit of intrigue in them, these normal people had got themselves mixed up wth a drugs gang thanks to the folly of a family member.

But my God it completely feel flat.

I had to pause Episode 6 and look up on my phone to confirm it was the finale because it was going nowhere.

There is probably a second season in the making to tie up loads of loose ends, but I don't think I'll be watching.

Also I think there is a over representation of black people in the cast.

There are really not that many black people in costal Galway.

Eastern European people maybe, but not black.

And there is no way the social worker is a young black man.

More likely a middle aged Irish woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,821 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Tbh the only cast members I recognised were the Swedish owl fella, the Irish guard, the hit women and the fisherman that got arrested

Didn't have a clue who most of the main actors were. I'd imagine there big in Irish language things given where the series is set

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dom40

Yer man playing Aidan also played Conor in London Irish,which I though was a good wee comedy,only 1 series made.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭trashcan

The future mother didn’t accept things at face value. She knew exactly what was going on. This was obviously her price to the drug baron for keeping her mouth shut. Of course there is no way you’d be able to take in a baby like that with no papers, especially having been turned down by the social worker, what about doctors, school in the future, etc. There were some points in it that were off, I agree that the social worker wouldn’t have been black. I still say it was better than Kin, which I gave up on after one episode. Not the worst thing I’ve seen on RTE by any means.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭moycullen14

Episode 6 not up on the player. Any idea why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭thomas 123

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,727 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Strange. It was on it. I watched it Sunday night.

Advertisement