Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Booked in for the 1st service next week. Was quoted €150 which is about 100 less than I was expecting.

Have arranged to test drive the cupra Born and the e-Niro while my ID3 is in for service since they're just next door. We'll see how that works out....

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

Looking forward to the report! Which ID3 have you currently?

1st Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭fafy

Been ID3 browsing,

Question on the ID3 “First Plus” edition, my understanding is, over the 1st base this model version has:

ski hatch, matrix lights, rear camera, two rear USB sockets, rear privacy windows, and a few other bits.

Is that correct?

as the amount of ID3’s, being sold both by both dealers and privately, described as “First Plus” models, when they are clearly “1st”, base models, gets quite confusing, perhaps i am missing something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Also 19 inch wheels, art velour interior, more interior light colours, folding mirrors, auto dimming interior mirror. I thinks that all:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭fafy

Nope, both are 1st “base” editions with colour as an “extra” which were ab 34400 new.

I think I found the first bug of the v2.4 software. Depressing the "voice recognition" button on the steering wheel doesn't trigger the google assistant. Now need to touch the mic button on the screen to activate it. Anyone else has encountered this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Comer1

That never worked for me, always had to press mic on screen otherwise I just the VW voice recognition

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Liam2021

Hold the button on the staring wheel and you get Google assistant

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

Traded in my ID3 first yesterday for ID4 life dx. Never really had any problems with id3 but got really good deal. My pcp rate will be lower now. Crazy times we live in now....Will miss acceleration of id3 for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭VWPAT

Just replaced my 18inch rear bridgestones with continental contact6. Got 23500 kms on the bridgestones. Will i get much more mileage on the replacements?.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

EcoContact 6 have poor mileage out of them, only 6mm or something from the factory and wear fairly quickly from reviews I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

I have the same Contact 6 but on 19’s, 15,000km and no real sign of wear, lots of tread left, I’d envisage good wear out of these, I don’t go too easy on them, very good tyre so far and that’s with the extra weight of the 77kwh battery, always well planted, that’s just my own real world experience- they will probably be changed for a Michelin Cross Climate when they are done. The id3 isn’t half as jumpy or twitchy as the i3 which will have the winters going on end of the month so all seasons should be fine- we do lots of driving on untreated roads and wet motorways in winter.

Soooo...Continuing on from my post above. I went to my VW dealer this morning to drop in my ID3 for it's first service. Popped over to Kia for a look and to have a spin in the e-Niro. First impressions, it's a lovely looking car, and the new version coming next year is even nicer. Went for a spin, it was the top spec, K4 version and it has all the extras... heads-up display, heat pump, heated and ventilated seats, (which I particularly like). Delivery would be Q1 2023 if I want one. The trade in value quoted was, I thought, a very low 30K, considering VW have one of similar spec, on the lot for 39,900. Anyway I would probably be better off selling my car privately. Prices have gone up too... List price of the new K4 e-niro is €48,575.

Then on to Cupra, where I had a look at the Born EV. No test-drives available, but after a quick run through the specs and a demo of the floor model, which is very striking in the Aurora blue, I left with a catalogue and price list. List price on the road is €40,820 and includes delivery and the service plan (brake fluid change, pollen filter, front brake pads, front and rear wipers and 4 Tyres). Metallic paint is €895 extra.

I got the usual up-sell phone call too, ... your wipers need replacing (€65) and pollen filter (€40). Went with the pollen filter which brought the service total to €190 total. I'm still not decided on what I'll do next though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

In relation to the service are people getting a message in their dash that it is due? Mine is over 2 years old so would have expected to see this.

In settings you can check when it's due. It does a countdown over the last 30 days before saying "Inspection Due" when it runs out. Mine was 2 years old on 9th September and the countdown didn't start until about the 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,026 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

There's been deliveries of the new eNiro already and they've upped the prices in the last few weeks compared to the first lot of deliveries.

Personally I think €48K is to much for it, I paid the same for my 73kW Exec Plus Ioniq 5 in June.

The Cupra is just an ID3 in a boy racer skin but it does look nice.

• Advertisement

Totally agree, was waiting to hear back on a test drive date for the Niro but with that increase I don’t think il bother- It raised the bar though for my old man who was going to get one, at + 48k it’s big battery Ioniq or Tesla all the way now.

I wouldn’t go there with the Cupra thing, those boys are happy out believing they got a far superior product 🤣🤣

Ive only seen a couple and both had dodgy reg plates.

Back on track I had to take a different route to work the other day and took the id3. I had the matrix auto full beams on working their magic light show and the auto just took over everything. It wasn’t until I came out of street lights onto a N road they kicked back in lighting up everything but the car in front, made for a much safer and pleasant drive being able to see more of the road and pedestrians walking in the hard shoulder.

If your commuting early or late don’t forget to put the auto high beams on, they only work when needed, wouldn’t bother with it on motorways but on the pitch black roads I use they are fab- without doubt the best part of the car- along with range which is still north of 460km with the colder mornings and the Apple car play.

Apparently, Kia are unable to register any more new cars this year, as they have reached their limit of 400 for the year. I also suspect it's the same issue with Hyundai as some customers have been complaining about their cars arriving in Ireland and dealers not getting then out to customers.

@handpref "I wouldn’t go there with the Cupra thing, those boys are happy out believing they got a far superior product 🤣🤣"

I don't think anyone believes they have a "far superior" product as they're 95% the same car but opinions are pretty universal in saying the Cupra has nicer interior which was an area people had issues with on the ID.3.

@DaveyDave That’s golden, I should have just said nicer..didn’t take long 😬

Didn't take long because I've been following this thread since before the ID.3 came out and still see new posts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Comer1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

I knew the days were in the settings as I have seen them before. But mine is about the same purchase date as yours, and still no message in the dash.

Not that it matters but I was expecting to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

It's not bad at all, but since I'm used to the rear wheel drive now, there was a bit of slippage when I hit the pedal a bit.

• Advertisement

I hear ya pal, the most important thing is how more manufacturers are offering ev’s, back in the day all we really had to choose from was a leaf or Zoe. It’s clear from the conversations on almost all the threads here that people are moving from ice into cars like the Id range, Ioniq 5, Born, ev6, Tesla. Some people get caught up in brand imagery but that’s just clever marketing.

The most important thing is that people are moving from ice to EV, decarbonisation of our transport infrastructure can only be a good thing- it’s not a silver bullet but it helps. Horses for courses on brands and what not, the net result is less dependence on non renewables, ev’s being charged at night from the exploitation of our greatest renewable resource which is wind.

Advertisement