Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Answer to interview

Options
  • 13-10-2022 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

I completed interview nearly one month ago and still no answer from company.I have emailed them and HR said process has slowed down and waiting on sign off from head office. Anyone have this issue and how long were you waiting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,977 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Ya, it happens with MNCs all the time. Can take days (unlikely), weeks or months. IMHO kee jobhunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kurooi

It's not a 'no' if that's what you're asking. I've heard plenty of people receive a call back over a month after an interview.

But don't put your hopes on it, keep searching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭fire_man

Thanks it's frustrating after putting time and effort into interview so would just like to know either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kurooi

I feel you. I don't think those companies realise the harm they do to themselves with this behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,811 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Can also be that they are waiting to hear back confirmation from the person they offered the job to before letting unsuccessful candidates know. As in you might be still in with a shout, but only if the selected candidate doesn't accept their offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,977 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

If you fund the delay too frustrating, then this company probably isn't a good fit for you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Op- quite frankly its bad manners on the part of the company. Whatever about not acknowledging every application they receive, the least they can do is to contact you with feedback on an interview. I can't understand why HR departments are too lazy to do this these days.

I guess most likely what is happening here is that the company is waiting on a candidate to actually start before replying to you (if at all).

The company actually came back to me about 2 weeks ago and were very positive about interview.They advised there is a annual review going on in company and would be in touch soon.

The company have come back to me and I have an offer. I recently applied for an internal role with my company and waiting on an interview. Any advise on how I should play this out and get best result?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭thefa

Think it makes sense to act as if you do not have the internal interview upcoming. Unless you are a dead cert for it and have been told as much, having an internal interview could end up meaning nothing.

If you wish to stay with the company you’re already in, talk to your boss and ask him can they match the offer. You need to be ready to hand in your notice if they can’t get to a level you’re happy with. Maybe they will expedite the internal interview to make it a more visible possibility.

I’m working on the basis that you’re just looking to maximise income. Obviously, there might be other factors that led to you apply elsewhere. Might be worth bearing in mind the demand for jobs in your profession and how much the overall economic outlook could affect your position.

• Advertisement

I would only stay with current employer if I did get promotion otherwise I don't expect them to match offer I received. Should I say I have offer before internal interview?

If they don’t value you enough to match an external offer, are they really going to be inclined to given you a promotion though?

In practical terms you could consider, how long is your new offer going to be available for, when do they expect you to start (affected by your notice period), how long will the internal job process in current company take and what are your chances of getting it.

The internal interview will be this wk so should I mention I have external offer to boss before this?

I’m not sure to be honest. It could make them consider your application more seriously (if they want to keep you) or dismiss your application (if they’re not pushed and see you having one foot out the door anyways). If you have the conversation with your boss, you need to be ready to hand in the notice if needs be. It’s up to yourself as you know the situation and people involved best. Best of luck whichever way it works out.

Advertisement