Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alex Jones Believers - How Do Ye Feel Now ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Great stuff, hopefully his future involves him giving hand jobs at Glen Beck conventions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,160 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Alex Jones' response?

“They want to scare everybody away from freedom. They want to scare us away from questioning Uvalde and what really happened there or Parkland or any other event,” Jones added, referring to the school shootings that occurred in Uvalde, Texas, earlier this year and in Parkland, Florida, in 2018.

We’re not scared, we’re not going away and we’re not going to stop … For hundreds of thousands of dollars, I can keep them in court for years, I can appeal this stuff, we can stand up against this travesty, against the billions of dollars they want,” he said before asking his viewers for donations to fund his platform.

The piece of **** tries to grift other school shootings for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

So is there a cap of these compensations. The Jury to say 1 Billion is great but unfortunately now that high. How many cases has he left excluding Jan 6 comitee

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

What a surprise the its all entertainment nobody should take me seriously defense is now busted wide open well would be if it hadn't been already. Surely the IRS should be taking a hard long look not on his company finance but his and see where he is hiding it. Maybe catch him like Al Capone. A few years in prison would help him see the truth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,248 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

He wasn't. He didn't go back into the court since he made a holy show of himself on the stand and nearly got himself done for contempt.

This lady had a good blow by blow Twitter thread of the case and the verdict. https://mobile.twitter.com/MoString?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

And it seems that this is just the compensatory damages, the punitive damages will be given out in November and don't require a jury and importantly don't have a cap like they do in Texas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭Hoop66

It's likely he'll be able to appeal and get the award reduced, but hopefully it will still bankrupt him. He is an objectively appalling person and I hope bad things continue to happen to him.

Yea. His bankruptcy was a tactic from the previous trial to try and delay the damages, but it's looking like that's blown up in his face since it's put his finances under a lot of scrutiny. Having this judgement against him is only going to make that more so.

There's also another trial on it's way in November I believe.

What annoys me is how often he gets away with showing complete contempt for the court and the trials. Both in the room and on his show while it's going on. Hopefully more trial time means that he'll have more of chance to step over a line that will get him some jail time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,977 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

His punishment is that he's now going to be hounded for the rest of his life for this money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,775 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Talking to some USA legal types relatives, it won't take the prosecution all that long to get the money; they get a judge to freeze his assets and then begin drawing the funds. It'll take some time, but they'll get him. Great thing about the US, justice still works.

Imagine, all his assets frozen, how does he pay his ISP, various cloud providers, .... Prosecution has lots of information on his assets due to this trial and the previous one in Texas.

As long as Infowars goes away, it's a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,977 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Will be interesting to see. OJ didnt pay a penny did he?

Either way, hes fcuked from now on. Legal and financial woes at every turn for the rest of his days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,167 ✭✭✭✭briany

Channel 5 with Andrew Callaghan did a piece on the Alex Jones case. Even the prosecuting lawyer was talking to Andrew and saying that he used to be into conspiracy theories, but back when they were a fun, outsider way to pass the time. Back when Alex Jones was a harmless fringe figure with a public access TV show. You'd get stoned and laugh as Alex sounded off about Bohemian Grove, JFK and the moon landings, but you ultimately wouldn't take it seriously. It didn't really matter what the truth because it was just a fun mystery box for your imagination, as the lawyer says. It wasn't something you would take and then double down on, wielding it as a political weapon. Somewhere along the line, these conspiracy theories stopped being stupid fun and became bitter and hateful and angry, and people like Alex Jones became the poster children of that, wrapped up in their own ego, their rising fame, their need for attention and not to forget all that money. So much money.

^^^^ As I always say, it's a great shame people couldn't enjoy Alex Jones responsibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Tonesjones

Hopefully he managed to move around and hide away some of his personal fortune when he got first word of the trial .

Multi millionaires usually have good financial connections

I agree. Alex Jones wasn't the only factor of course. Social media echo chambers and lack of accountability for those participating hypercharged the phenomenon. Once you'd hear lads in the pub mention football scores in one breath and, "here, did ye ever hear of the Illuminati?" in the other, it was over. It had become mainstream and a poisonous part of everyday discourse.

Hopefully he loses every cent of the money he's made from the lies he pushes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,505 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

OJ did pay money to his wife's family as a result of a wrongful death suit. The only money he had after that was his NFL pension which the courts couldn't touch. He couldn't even make money by selling his story in a book. The courts prevented him from profiting that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Tonesjones

He did, he moved it to some shells, and declared bankruptcy. An expert calculated it's over 200 million, he'll have to do a lot of financial shenanigans to keep it one step ahead of the courts, ironically the kind of corrupt stuff he regularly accuses others of

His supporters will keep him going for awhile, but I doubt they can raise 800 million, although he's giving it a shot by begging them for donations and to buy his snakeoil on his show. Oh yeah and there's another trial upcoming.

I'm surprised he hasn't keeled over with blood pressure yet, the man does not look healthy at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,677 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

You could be describing Trump as well, suits him to a tee.

There's also the matter of the mysterious and anonymous donation of 8 million in crypto.

Hopefully whoever gave that to him doesn't think he's worth a billion in bail out money.

• Advertisement

Little did they know they were donating to the victims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭thegame983

But given that Jones hired a private plane to fly up and make a clown out of himself and rented a villa for the stay, I suspect that the money is long since spent.

I'm surprised he hasn't keeled over with blood pressure yet, the man does not look healthy at all

He's a terrible advertisement for the supposed health supplements he promotes. He rants against the poison in people's food and the sick lifestyle promoted by the globalists and then still looks like a generic overweight man.

I dunno. With how much he gets his blood pressure up and how much booze he apparently guzzles down, the fact he is still alive and still able to go off on tantrums and rants kinda is a point in their favour.

Unless he keels over tomorrow, in which case his followers would be like, "Hey, 48's pretty good!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Not surprising as most of his followers are terrified to leave their childhood bedroom in their parents house due to the world being against them.

Another video from this lawyer outlining how screwed AJ is from a legal perspective. Normally there are a bunch of legal tactics a defendant can use to prolong or appeal or reduce the amounts, but Jones has burnt so many bridges with judges and the legal system that he's essentially screwed himself in the long term

Enjoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭Hoop66

"Things are bad for Alex Jones, and they're only going to get worse".

Good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I wonder how many of the Boards conspiracy theorists aka the “just asking questions” gang have donated to Alex or his companies over the years. They’re probably ready to empty their pockets to help bail him out now.

Advertisement