Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 7/Pixel 7 Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 threein9999

And how do you import those files into a new device ? I've put them on my Google Drive

• Registered Users Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Mine has been shipped to the German forwarding company.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

Nice. Mine's still on the move. Only left the sorting office at 3.30 today so I'm looking at tomorrow at this stage. Disappointed but considering I was expecting Google to cancel the order, I'm just happy it's coming at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tompson

Which one have you used? Mailbox.de?

I was looking at their Web page and say thst products over 500 euro must be insured.

Yeah, Mailboxde.com. I chose GLS I think as my delivery company. They are insured to €1,000. Costing me 20 or so (estimate) to ship it to Ireland plus 6.95 or something like that to set up and automatic shipping where it will be sent to me without any more action on my end, assuming the 20 quid in my account is enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Confusselled

Mailboxde.com or another? Very interested now we know it will ship to a forwarding site. You used the forwarding sites before? reliable?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

When you order from the UK it includes the watch in the order.. don't think it's a redeem job

• Registered Users Posts: 13 johnnycullen

Looks there is a battery drain problem when using the Pro on daylight. Screen adjust the brightness automatically causing a bigger than expected drop in the battery. Nothing that can´t be fixed through software. Pixel 7 apparently is fine.

I see. Sorry about that. I could have sworn I read it somewhere. Will be an easier process that way for people.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Anyone ordered from Google Germany today?

If you choose the watch the watch its now charging €160 (difference between the watch and the buds) ...has something changed on the deal ?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Shipgerman.com. Never used before so taking a risk but spoke to support on WhatsApp seems okay. Fingers crossed things go smooth!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭TheRona

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Leon124

Watch is only for Pixel 7 PRO not Pixel 7. For Pixel 7 you have Buds Pro worth 219 euro

Ah gotcha, had just the 7 in basket but when the Pro is in there it's back to free. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

The reviews have definitely pushed me towards wanting the Pro over the standard one.... Quite suprised tbh. It just looks a solid step above this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Bit the bullet and ordered the 7 Pro with LTE watch from the German Google Store. Many thanks for all the tips folks. Upgrading my trusty Galaxy S9+(!)

Wow, that's going to be quite an upgrade. I actually have an S9 plus around here I am planning to sell to CeX along with my Pixel 6 when my 7 pro gets here. They are still offering up to 160 for it I think. Doing a big clear out of old phones to put it towards the new one. No need to keep them all around when I could actually get some decent money for them .

Mine was just delivered this morning to Mailboxde. Had an automatic dispatch set up that seems to be set to work so hopefully I'll receive it early next week.

My price estimate was pretty much bang on. I put €27 into my account which was to cover the 6.95 fee to set up the automatic dispatch, and then 20 to cover the delivery based on the size and weight I thought the package would be.

I now have 16 cent left in my account which they can keep as a tip for helping me get the free watch! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭First Explorer

Just like Curb your Enthusiasm I orderd through the German store last night (with the wifi watch as the bonus) and via mailbox.de. I used paypal to pay and the money was taking from my Revolut straight away. I ordered the case too just to have something from the start. ATM delivery of the case is Oct 17 - Oct 19, and the phone + watch from Nov 04 - 15. in hindsight i could have got the protection i wanted in the mean time but ah well. I'll update as the situation evolves.

Cheers to all the trailblazers in this thread.

Nice. Glad you were able to get it done. Shame about the two part delivery but I guess it was a very popular deal. On top of that, there was obviously plenty of people from other countries that didn't get the deal that ordered through Germany. Google Germany are going to think they were very popular this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭TheRona

My Spigen Rugged Armor arrived from Amazon Germany today. Ordered on Tuesday, didn't expect it until next week.

My friend in Germany missed the cutoff at DHL yesterday, but my package has at least been processed at the origin now.

Is anyone keeping the Pixel Watch? I'd be tempted, but don't think I can go back to a watch I have to charge daily again. I'll have to see what I can sell it for.

Mine was shipped from Mailboxde today, although it hasn't been picked up by courier yet. I would hope to have it maybe Tuesday but we'll see.

No, I don't think I will keep it. Have a Galaxy Watch 5 pro and like yourself, I couldn't go back to charging daily. I get 4 days out of it and could probably squeeze 5 if I really wanted and was willing to turn off some features, but I am happy with the 4 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Mine now a/w pickup from Google by courier. Next stop mailboxde .

Is auto dispatch worth it?

Eh, I'm not sure. I imagine if you kept an eye on your emails you could complete the process once you receive it, but I just wanted to have it done ahead of time.

If I was to suggest something to help, you could put 20 quid in your Mailboxde account and it would be ready to go straight away, but even with that, it only takes a few mins to do.

My charge for the delivery was 19.94 so you have a fair idea about that part of it, but you could save yourself the 7 quid by waiting for the package to land before arranging delivery then.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Player 2

Anyone know if the Vodafone Pixel's are unlocked? I remember seeing in the past that the 5 and 6 were unlocked, but, just curious if anyone can confirm if it's the same for the 7 now as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Anyone who has the phone got any first impressions?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭DERPY DERPFACE

I doubt they would bother locking it if they haven't before. Anyone have any idea if there is any Vodafone shops that have pixels on display, even the 6? Would like to see if the 7 would be too big for me coming from a 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

I'm not entirely sure what to do now, initially thought the Pixel was too big a phone (s22 being perfect) but then convinced myself like others in this thread that the Pixel isn't that big (is it thought?) and now I'm even thinking the s22 ultra may not be that big (for sure it is).

But, I have a discount on the S range and the S22 and + come with the buds2 and 12 months D+ but the Ultra only has the D+ which makes the Ultra less attractive even though its the better phone. Also have a discount on the Pixel 7 Pro with no extras.... (Not going down the external route)

Buy now...or hold off for Black Friday sales (buds2 deal will be finished by then), or wait for S23.

What's everyone's thoughts on the P7 Pro so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 threein9999

Got a P7 on Thursday. Coming from a Huawei P30

The camera is incredible, I'm still playing around with the different modes but it's very impressive.

Battery lasted all day yesterday but I was mainly getting WhatsApp restored, I had to manually copy my images and videos folder over because the restore kept failing.

It's bigger and heavier than my old P30 but still feels comfortable in the hand.

• Advertisement

Originally I was looking at the P7 then the pro....don't know if I want a phone that big, then there's the price difference (watch obviously has a value if you buy from Germany but don't really need another one but I guess you could sell it although dunno how easy that is to shift).

Leaning back to a P7 from the Irish store.....wonder if there will be any deals on Black Friday but likely to be either none or minimal?

Advertisement