Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,380 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The standard range is €8k cheaper than the longe range. Which has about the same range 😂 Both are overpriced imho, but the LR even more so. It's quick enough, but it ain't no Performance Tesla by a very long stretch...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Model Y RWD now qualifies for SEAI Grant.

Any color except Red.

If you upgrade to the 20” wheels you also loose the grant.

Done add EAP h til after you collect the car if you want it.

€52,972

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

Wow its basically now €14K cheaper than a Long Range Model Y & similar price to a standard RWD model 3.

and very close in price to Id4 etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

You can't have a tow hitch and a change of color and get the grant.

Also, I suspect they (Tesla) were waiting for the budget to see whether the grant would continue before doing this change.

Bought.

• Advertisement

Hope you got on the MSM train!

(If I were buying I think I'd take white with tow hitch over MSM, unfortunately. I love MSM but not enough to pay 5k extra for it)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

This makes this car same price as a Model 3? Something isn’t right? Also notice price doesn’t list 5K grant in the breakdown? I hope it’s true though as it will sell like hot cakes!

It is listed in the breakdown.

It is true.

I know 2 people that ordered this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

great for modely buyers alright but the pricing screws the model 3 lol

Can see a price reduction coming in the model 3 if thats the case

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Have the recent Model Y deliveries suffered the same buffer increase as the Model 3's. This takes useable from 57.5 to 52 which is quite the drop....

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Yeh, I think the M3 will go down in price. How can it be the same price as the MY?

MYSR wasn't selling at all due to the silly pricing when the grant was not available for it. So it was either sell nothing or reduce the price i'd say. They have left the LR price the same.

But they have screwed other areas now - like they have a rake of second hand m3's in inventory at crazy prices when u look at what you could wait and get in February with a model y.

Agree. My only concern with this pricing is selfishly hoping it doesnt hit M3 RWD tradein values in 12 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jog501

I'd be very keen on this. Has anyone gotten a quote on 48 month pcp for it or the model 3 recently? 3.99% is lower than my investment returns and the depreciation seems to be pretty minimal so it makes sense to go down the financing route rather than throwing capital at it.

I have a 3 year PCP on my current m3. Interest is 4.6%. My rationale then as now is it's less than inflation.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jog501

Couldn't agree more. What GMFV did AIB give versus cost?

Mine is with Finance Ireland and not AIB. AIB only offered HP which I wasnt interested in.

GFMV in 3 years is 23,187. There's zero chance it gets to that, so I will have some equity built up for trade in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

Do the prices displayed on the Tesla website already include the grant ?

You have to click through and select "Cash" as a payment method to get the actual price, ignore the displayed prices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Is anyone who got a September m3 considering the change, I’m very tempted

Tough call, pros and cons. The M3 has better range (not a lot but every bit counts), quicker and I think the styling looks nicer. On the MY pro side, you'll get the practicality of a hatchback, higher driving position (better visibility and easier to get into) and it's also wider too. It also comes with the premium stereo unlike the partial premium stereo in the M3 RWD. Interesting to see how that affects the M3 resale value in 2023 or if Tesla will lower the price of the M3? The good news for M3 Sept owners, you managed to get the lower price before the last price increases. Anything could happen in 2023, prices could go up or down, who knows. Both cars are awesome at the end of the day.

Post edited by ADSLUSER on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Bought 2

Edit: I already had a MY Performance on order, but the 30k difference to the RWD makes me question it... Also the 20k difference to my 2019 M3 Perf also makes it quite expensive...

Post edited by rocky on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭innrain

The new price is really great. Note: to get the cheapest MY RWD in the UK, now costs approx. 60K - I never thought it'll be cheaper to buy a car in the republic, even with the 5K SEAI grant! Very bold move by Tesla

I would consider the Y just because of the boot space and its a hatch back.

But I'd lose too much trading in a car I just bought a few weeks ago.

Plus I positively hate the rear end of the mY. Its horrible.

Shorter range on the Y too and it's not as efficient.

So basically I've decided against losing 10k or so just for the boot.

It's mad how prices change like this overnight with tesla. So many variables.

This is massively going to hurt the future resale value of the m3 though. No doubt about it.

I don't know, would love to find out. On the one hand I'd like a Berlin one as the suspension is better. And I like that brazen Tesla is beating the incumbent German automakers at their own game. In their own country. On the other hand I'd much prefer the Chinese LiFePO4 battery chemistry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Probably not worth trading from a 2022 M3 to a MY.

In my case, from a 2019 M3 Performance, I'm losing the acceleration (about double to 100km/h), and the radar (which is not used for autopilot anymore anyway) but getting:

• hatch, powered (big plus with a dog)
    • wireless phone charging
    • better headlights (probably?)
    • going white interior this time, still white exterior since none of the other colours do much for me
    • LFP battery (hopefully the buffer issues get sorted in a few months)
    • in theory less range, but with the M3 Performance I'm using most horsepower every chance I get, no it's not getting old (😀), since new average energy usage 230Wh/km over 35k km) and with charging to 100% possible/recommended every day, probably not much difference 'in the real world'

Advertisement