Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

One of my all time favourite songs. Gonna give it a play, now.

I'm in the pub,young ones in work told me I'm doing Thirsty Thursday ☺️☺️, out since 6pm and just finishing up , I'm a cheap date these days.🙄😁🍺🥂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Just launched straight into the bass melody for that. It used to be a staple during my choir days 😍😍

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Yep. One of my favourite songs.

I saw him, Joe Jackson, in Dublin at the Olympia a few years ago. He was excellent even though he had the flu at the time.

He played the original synthiser for that song too. He's a great singer, songwriter and musician.

And the Olympia was perfect for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Has to be The Flying Pickets a cappella version for me! The Yazoo one doesn't compare.

Same here. As I said m it used to be one of our staples when I was still in a choir back in Germany. Always a good option for the smaller performances, together with two or three other songs. We kept the more challenging songs for the big concerts.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Bedside here, being naughty and on my device rather than fast asleep. 😴🛌

I’ve a 7:00am start tomorrow, early by my normal routine! 😳😱

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Went for a sea side walk last night, turned out to be 10kms. It’s nice here when we start to move into winter temperatures with low humidity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can…

I definitely can't ☺️, I'd just love to stay in bed today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

Just got into my office, suppin a coffee, pissing raining up here in galway, starting to develop a cough, have to head to east cork tomorrow, hours in the car again....jeez im full of the beans this morning 🙄🙄🙄

Dear lotto God........

May your working Fridays go quick. Roll on the weekend 🙌

At a stupid work zoom meeting.

Terrible presentation and technical issues as well.

And supposed to be doing other stuff too.

Nearly lunch time 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Taking a 40 min break and gonna try to nap. Hardly slept last night coz have a **** cold and am coughing like mad. Meeting at 1pm so want to have sine energy for that and have a heavy load of editing for our dental client. Yay. Friday me butt.

Having a cup of tea.

Worrying about stuff.

The cat is doing neither.

I sometimes feel like my apartment building is playing tricks on me.

Headed out at 7 this morning for my regular hospital appointment, only to find the lift out of order. (Was going to write elevator but didn't want to cause smurfjed to clamber all over the tail plane of his aircraft 😉)

Two and a half ours later, as I came back, it was still down. That was also the case around lunchtime when I hopped out to get some soft drinks. Walking up three flights of stairs with three two-litre bottles in my bag, with a damaged leg, yay -.-

Either way, I finish my last key meeting of the day, start logging a ticket with building management (yes, they want us to use a support ticket tool. I actually don't mind, it leaves a paper trail at least) and head back out to the lift to take some photos and videos of the issue. I press the call button to reproduce the whole thing on camera... and the lift works as normal 🤪 😵 🤬

It's moments like that that make me double-check whether there's a camera team following me 😉

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Awake far far far too early.

Working week finished TF...meeting someone in East Cork tomorrow for an exchange of goods, sausage rolls coming my way, a photo of Mam in fishnets in return, fair deal.😁

Haven't done a lotto in ages, did a quick pick for tonight....pleeeeease.🤞🤞🤞🤞

• Advertisement

And the lift is down again 🤬🤬🤬

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Not a hope I'd get into that lift, I bet it would break down and I'd run out of air.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Profiteering off me .. that wasn't part of the deal Duvet 😥😥

Sitting in the car waiting for son , do the euromillions on the way home, then mini chicken and mushroom vol au vents for tea .. fluffy pj's and snoodie tonight, am brewing a dose here, annoying as fcuk.

I'll share the profits with you Mam, I'll give you the biggest one.😁 So many people are sick this week, all complaining of sinus infections, lots of coughing also, think it's due to the change in weather.

Counting down the 300 seconds to 6 pm

And we are done.

It's a wrap.

Over and out.

Well, I've started the counteroffensive. Ticket has been submitted to facilities management, with the polite request to "get a f**king move on!"

Anyway, just closing up shop workwise for the weekend. Thankfully, I've got everything up here to make it through the weekend WITHOUT the lift 😉

Out and hit the help button repeatedly 🤣

• Advertisement

Oven chips

Beans

Eggs

For

Dinner

Yumm !!

Advertisement