Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Wish they brought back the badly animated trophy ceremonies in the old games. In the newer games rivals just has a morbid screen to say you have been promoted and weeklend leagues wins are celebrated like you have to moved from 6th to 5th place in the premier league. I qualified for WL this week but after two games i feel a bit bored

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Never received any compo for the Haaland SBC and I know I did it at the relevant time.

The hero one isn’t at all surprising though. Any solution beyond ignoring it would have absolutely destroyed the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Missed the Hero pack myself but having packed Govou on day 1 I can’t complain too much.

Haven’t received my Haaland comp either though and I’m pissed about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Wasn't gonna try WL this weekend but said I'd give qualifying a try just for the packs as I've about 80 packs saved up for later, went 7-3. Will try fit a few WL games in the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Just an FYI again for anyone who missed it.

Prices already tumbling hard again ahead of the 6pm panic.

Mendy for example is one I've had my eye on and he's down 11k since this morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Finished one win off 51 points in the weekend league for the second week in a row. Two useless red picks and nothing in the the TOTW pack either but I packed Rulebreakers Zaha from my rewards and sold him for 280k.

Jaysus, that promo looks bland.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Also packed Rulebreakers Zaha is he any use? 280,000 would be class obviously!

Played one or two games with him not noticing anything major over his base card so he's gone!

I've wanted Haaland never taught id be able to get him apart from having him on loan but now I've 416,000 is he worth it at his current price? or should I wait till he drops if he ever does!

Post edited by How Soon Is Now on

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

What do people reckon the lifespan of that Dzeko card is?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

I didn’t use rulebreakers zaha, sold him straight away. I’d hold off on buying Haaland and wait and see what happens when city play Liverpool on Sunday. If he scores and cory win he could get another TOTW next week and the price of his base card will fall. Up to you though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

From 1-5 to 9-10

Red picks were dog but got Vinicius from the 50k pack

I’m also thinking about picking up Haaland but the 200k price has me thinking twice about him, I play on old gen so I don’t even think the Lengthy stuff applies to me

Martinelli is an 84 Brazilian, PL in form, with plus 90 pace, and he’s near discard. That seems crazy.

GUIMARãES is also at discard, despite being a PL Brazilian who is 84 rated.

Mount down to 16500 as well. Bit riskier, but an 86 rated English IF will double eventually.

Easiest IF pick ups on my life, for trading. Both will jump to 20-25k the second a good SBC drops. I notice the Joao Mario SBC needs an IF, and although it’s not popped the prices yet, the fact they’ve started putting IF requirements into SBCs is great.

8-2 in WL qualifiers, which included wins against a couple of players who had red picks from this weekend playing to get their qualifiers done again early. Started 6-0.

I had been using gold Correa so bought his TOTW card. A crazy card for less than 40k!

Looking forward to playing WL tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

5-0 in WL so far. The opponent's keeper scored this cracker of an og to hand me a late win 😂

5 goals and 5 assists in 5 games for Haaland.

Packed Bruno moved him to cm 5 goals for him to!

Himself and Bernardo Silva in midfield are class.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

In typical fashion I've dropped untradeable Ronaldo so I can play Crouch instead, finished 14-5 with this setup (minus the GK who I got in my reds)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Had a disastrous start to my WL and would’ve been delighted with even 9 wins in the end, but I went back on very late last night and put a great run together to finish 11-9.

Got Cancelo in my reds and I already use his NIF in my team so that’s a nice win.

Apart from that, got a few 87s and 88s in my pack rewards so they’ll be great fodder once a good SBC drops. First time in ages that the WL hasn’t felt like a waste of time after those rewards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Currently 2-4 in my weekend league, playing against really good players, a lot I can't even get a touch of the ball. Will try fit in a few more tomorrow.

If anyone is thinking of getting Haaland do it!

Hes ridiculous 13 goals and 8 assists for me in 8 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Is he good as a lone striker? Played against him numerous times now and as a lone striker he sometimes seems slow.

• Advertisement

How is Crouch? I miss Werghorst from last year and he looks close as an alternative 😂

I have him in a 4 3 3 formation Zaha Anthony each side. He's very fast and his strength pushs him through as well.

24 goals 11 assists now haha he's great player more like a player u create!

Gonna make few more changes tomorrow. Either Son or Sterling and Cancelo or Koulabily. What yous think?

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'm really tempted to pick up Dzeko as he looks similar to Haaland but would fit my chem.

I have Martinez up front at the moment and he's pissing me off a bit.

I haven't used Dzeko or Martinez I had Nunez before Haaland he was very solid but Haalands on whole other level.

First player I've had so far that just seems like he's able to do things the rest can't.

Hit Rank 6, which is actually one higher than I usually would. Surprised by that. Expected my first week to be a nightmare.

81 Valencia, 81 Buyalskyi, 84 GUIMARAES, 83 Frimpong.

81 Buyalskyi, 78 Gazdag, 82 MODESTE, 82 Bensebaini

:/

TOTW Pack: Joselu, Frimpong, Armani.

Rare player pack, nothing of note. Jumbo rare player pack, Busquets, IF Armani, Asia’s.

Basically, I’d say I made 60-70k so I’ll reinvest that somewhere. Maybe RB or GK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

He's expensive but think I'm going to do that rulebreaker alaba sbc. He'd fit into my la liga/serie a team on full chem and I still haven't found a good cb next to araujo that I've packed yet/won't lose half their value in two weeks.

Will probably try to qualify for next week's WL then.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I love him, he's slow and extremely clumsy but he's genuinely unstoppable in the air and his first touch is good enough to get space to shoot most times.

11-9 in WL. I started off 0-4 and was all over the place, so a nice recovery in the end. A big change from starting 6-0 last week but the same result in the end.

After loving his gold and the normal TOTW, all I wanted was a Red Correa, and there he was in my first set of picks. Beautiful! 😍

Frimpong and Joselu the best/highest rated of the other two picks.

The usual 3 discards from the TOTW pack and nothing at all from the Rare Players or Ultimate packs.

However with the coin reward and the coins I made from the discards, I reckon I cleared about 75k from WL.

Had a lot of high rated fodder in the club so I did the Alaba PP. I run a La Liga team and have been using his gold card for a while. I've always felt his gold card is very underrated (I never come up against him and can't understand it) so I had to do it. Aside from the fodder it only cost me about 25k in coins all in to do it, and I sold my gold Alaba for that price upon completion.

I went for the one with the higher defending. I'm mainly playing on old-gen so the lengthy meta doesn't really matter to me. Defensive stats completely maxed out on a CB in mid-October - crazy!

Have my 8 Rivals wins in division 4 done and dusted so I'm going to take a few days off now as I've been hammering it the last few days! 🙈😅

• Advertisement

What the actual **** is going on with division 7! I've lost every game by at least 4 goals to fairly average teams. I was really starting to get a good groove going team was playing great soon as got to 7 team has turned to shite!

How the hell!?

Advertisement