Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the right vs the left

Options
  • 15-10-2022 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭

so i dont know the actual differences between the left and right, but suspect they may be far smaller.

for context, my beliefs re a number of issues are below:

public transport: if they want to go on strike, fine. but fire them and hire others. dont be held ransom.

teachers/guards/nurses/fire men: pay them more. for guards and nurses i would caveat that to people who are actively engaged, rather than the bureaucrats in the system.

social welfare: i think that should be cut for people who dont need it, and increase minimum wage. no way should you have to work 20 hours to get what SW pays for working 0 hours.

crime: there should be no character witnesses. a crime is judged on its merits. minimum sentences for violent crimes' and for repeat offenders the sentence should be ratcheted up as you progress through convictions. white collar crime that leads to suicide, charged with some sort of manslaughter.

drugs/abortion: unsure here as my body my choice.

renewables: do it, but slowly while building up the infrastructure.

housing: if you are offered a house, take it or leave it. if left, you go to the bottom of the pile.

health care: everyone should have the access to this. if you want to gamble by paying for private healthcare then you should get private care hospital when your gamble looses. if a consultant is employed by the gov, dont let them run a private clinic out of the practice, and make them guarantee (say) 1 patient for every 1 hour they are employed by the tax payer.

immigration: allow legal immigration. illegal: dont allow. refugees (but ireland should really have 0): allow

politicians: would slash their wages to weed out career politicians.

education: guarantee every school will have the same student:teachor ratio. if a private school wants a better ratio, fine. but no help from the government.

charities: limit wages to 100k per year for CEO/CFO/et al, and ensure 75% of donations are distributed.

anyway, thats a summation of where i'm at. there are other issues i'm obviously forgetting, and others prob need further delving into.

and remember this is a draft, so contractions above i'm sure exist.

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,891 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Is there a specific point you wish to make?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Close thread....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 83,393 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

There's at least 3 political dichotomy threads already: 'dangers coming from the right', 'pushback against leftism,' and a new one this weekend about Centrism on social media.

I suggest perusing those OP. There's also a Poli Science forum for the nitty gritty.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,921 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I think y0ssar is coming out as a Centrist 😁

You're a right wing cultural Marxist bigot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

i guess the point i'm trying to make is that right/left aint binary, but a giant spectrum of beliefs.

for example, would you disagree with any of the things i said above?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you've raised a dozen topics there. each of which probably has its own (or multiple) threads already; why would we want to start responding to them in one thread which would become a mess to try to follow?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,891 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

And yet people here rant about the left incessantly.

Yeah, I disagree on the immigration and career politicians stances you outline.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,524 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

We already have 3 threads purporting to cover the left, the right and the centre

And most of the points mentioned by the OP are either the subject of ongoing threads or have been discussed before

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement