Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

7 was a brick wall for me too. I feel as if there’s a lot of really, really good players hanging out at that level, avoiding promotion. I hit six last week and feel it’s not half as sweaty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

I’m in Division 7 at the moment - only played one game in it though and won it - only been doing the minimum in terms of rivals though.

Also turned off cross play as started to experience lag when up against PC players. Never matched with an Xbox player though - can PS4 play their Xbox equivalent?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Playing a lot of teams that love skill moves and tacky looking stadiums haha! They could be 4 nil up soon as u score they start passing round the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

They can and you've probably played loads.

The crossplay symbol looks like a PC, but is actually used when playing another console player also, as PS don't want to advertise an Xbox logo, and vice-versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Avon8

Heading on holidays for 3 weeks shortly so sold up my team after WL to put it all into fodder. I still had 8 div rivals games to play so threw together whatever scrap I had in the club to try grind through them.

If anything I found it easier with the dross than my good team (div 4+3), possibly because I was playing more patiently. There's never been a fifa where the disparity between individual cards/players has been less, at this point anyway. Nobody is hugely faster than anyone else (Dias is absolutely fine as a cb with 69 speed). Skills don't matter as much this year, dribbling is fooked. Passing matters a bit alright but little besides. People spending money on fifa points to improve teams are getting even less value than usual this year

What does seem to matter more this year is tactics. Players not being dragged out of position, having sufficient width etc. You can see how it's unfortunately led to more negative setups than usual though, at least at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Got to 6 wins in Champs and gave the rest away, met a few rats who I was giving wins to but they kicked the ball out of play and quit before I could.

Martinelli and Mount in red picks and Vini Jr from the packs for a handy 200k. Decent returns!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Ended up with muriel as my best red pick. Got him and Bruno in the totw pack.

Sweet FA in the other packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Threw most of my high rated fodder into Alaba. Worth it. He's fantastic.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'm in Div5 and I found 7 and 6 had lots of pretty stacked teams. Just had to grind my way through it.

I played against a lad yesterday with this team in Div6. This is a 10 million coin team, with mid R9 at 9 mill and Yaya at 1.

I'm sailing through Div 6 now.

Best thing I ever did was learn to take my finger off the RT, lol. I've dropped my more frantic playstyle I've used for a decade, and am focusing on a far slower game now. Passing triangles, and not wild long balls.

Unless I'm winning at the 60th minute. In which case, Adama Traore comes on and I just start spamming hoof balls up to him, in behind defenses, haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I've tried this but find I end up getting crowed out by the other team and end up giving the ball away.

I feel playing Ultimate team that most of the time you have to play a fast pace game to combat the error prone gameplay when trying to play sensibly. I can get away with it offline as gameplay is slower.

Base Icon SBC (max 86 rated) coming tonight according to the usual leakers.

Should be good news for those of us invested in fodder.

I felt that way in Div 7, but I feel there’s way, way more space in div 6 and 5 so far. I feel Div 7 was all about high pressure, whereas people are playing deeper and slower now, dropping back a bit, givin you space to fire off shots from distance and pass round a bit.

Have 80 IFs and would love if this paid off 😂

Can't see much fodder being sold if I'm honest, 47 cards and only 10 of them are worth over 300k. With the ratings some other cards are getting at this early stage I can't see many of them staying in people's teams for long. Hoping to be proving wrong though.

Also icons this year are a little less desirable with icons giving less chem.

You're really underestimating people's addiction to these Icon SBC's. There could literally be one card above the price of the SBC included and people still wouldn't be able to resist.

They'll give out about Alaba being too expensive but will spend the same price on this SBC and end up with the likes of Puyol or Trezeguet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If I were to sell them all for their lowest prices right now I've 485k worth of IFs stocked up, so fingers crossed for some more SBCs.

I still think a lot of people will do it but I just can't see fodder going up by much.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,118 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

its already happening, kane was 25k on saturday 32k now.

Prices usually rise on Monday/Tuesday anyways, market probably at rock bottom Saturday gone too.

• Advertisement

Keane from the icon pack. Fits right into my United team 😁

Amazon prime pack #1 out, for anyone who can claim them this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Zola in the Icon SBC, bloody nice one! 😁

He can’t position change away from CM? 😂 Bugger. I don’t use CMs and presumed I could position change him to CDM 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

I'm a long time Pro Evo player but I thought I would try out Fifa this year as Pro Evo has gone to the dogs. I'm really enjoying it, but the online lag is absolutely destroying my experience. Every single time I play in the evenings, I get severe lag. I've lost a bunch of games I had no business losing and I'm at the point I may just throw in the towel. I managed to get to Div 6 but I've lost about 9 of the last 10 games becuase of the lag (which seems to be getting worse).

Has anyone any idea how I might improve this? I just ran an internet test on my PS5 and I'm getting the below stats

• Nat Type 2
    • Download 72mb
    • Upload 44mb

It's also a LAN connection (albeit I'm plugged into a wife booster/extender). Plugging directly into the router is not an option.

Honestly mate you are unfortunately wasting your time trying to solve it. There's tens of posts a day on the likes of Reddit about it.

It's an issue with the EA servers that has been ongoing since the introduction of the next generation consoles.

Your stats there are more than good enough so it's nothing at all to do with your connection. Everyone who suffers with it says their online connection is fine on other games and it's literally only FIFA that this happens with for them.

I also suffer from it when going unwired and the game is essentially unplayable. The odd night it will be fine. But as soon as I go wired the issue is solved and the game plays perfectly. I'm luckily able to do it although it's not very practical at times dragging a 50 foot cable around the house just to play a few games with no lag!

If you search for terms such as "speed up lag" on the FIFA Reddit forum you will get an idea of the amount of people who are suffering the same issue. The odd person will claim turning off crossplay works, but it doesn't. Unfortunately, given it has been ongoing for almost two years now, it doesn't seem like EA have any interest in solving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Trezeguet out of my icon pack… the French flag got me excited too 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Icon SBC did f all for my fodder. None of my ifs sold. Did shift 25* Harvey Barnes for 1.9k at 6PM though.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kerry_2008

Started playing this when it came out and previously had FIFA 22. Was never a fantastic player by any stretch in FUT but, am absolutely shocking in the game. Been stuck in 8 for ages. For some reason no matter what defensive style I choose my defense seem to continually play a high line. You could have the back 4 / 5 up around the half way line when attacking. Have set full backs etc to stay back when attacking but, its no use. Am playing on the stadia and have had 0 issues with lag thankfully.

• Advertisement

What rated fodder did you have? I bought loads of TAA at 14-15k and they're up to 20k now. They'll probably go higher but I just cashed out.

Should be a Hero SBC out over the next week or so also, which will give fodder another boost.

We'll need a Party Bag or similar to boost the 83's.

Advertisement