Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MHRV prices

Options
  • 16-10-2022 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone has experience of current prices for retrofitting. We just got our prices for our renovation/extension and MHRV price is way off what we were quoted about a year ago €6000. Now gone to €13800. Wondering if this sounds right? System will consist of 7 rooms and 3 bathrooms in a bungalow that will be 170m2. Does this seem to be in the ball park of what people think is acceptable in the current market?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

Seems way off, would have thought €7k - €8k, best get a few quotes

• Registered Users Posts: 14 decker100

Thanks, for sure will get some independent quotes. We are really starting to have second thoughts about the one stop shop retrofit. There for sure seems to be a premium associated with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 decker100

In case its useful to others, per advice from @bf we shopped around and found multiple systems cheaper installed. We went for the AXCO HERU which ended up coming in at 8.5k. There were cheaper options too from different vendors from 6.5k up to 10k.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

I was quoted 8k for my 197m2 new build bungalow. decided to go diy and bought the passive house certified unit and kit for 4k. installing it in a month or so.

8k was not a bad quote its just we have the capability within the family to install it.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭SodiumCooled

Hi, 13,800 seems extreamly expensive for a 197 sqm bungalow. The prices are certainly higher than I was expecting when I priced around but still not at that level. Our build is 265 sqm and is two story we got quotes between 9.5k and just under 12k for similar systems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭grimeire

Im surprised ye were all able to find so many people who fit it.

I must of contacted like 10 different companies but could only find one place to fit them. Every place was like we only supply. Was getting prices for the unit and other materials for about 4--6k. Got a guy for 5600 supply and fit not sure the exact model but he has spent over 2 days just doing the first fix in a 2700 sq foot house.

He said I should probably have the bigger unit for my house but will get away with the unit he provides if he pumps it up to like 50-60% instead of the recommended 40%. It will reduce the life of the unit but in 5-10 years there will probably be far superior units out there

Was going to fit it myself but know a few who did their own and none seem happy with it as they are not sure if they installed correctly and say they feel it's cold air coming from it.

Advertisement