Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

It said it would be 17 degrees today..but its like ice outside

• Registered Users Posts: 18,009 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Yeah think the most we saw today was around 15 degrees, still lovely day though with some clear skies and no rain, should get another couple of weeks before turning on the heat.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭highdef

You must have great insulation in your home to still have temperatures in the 20's inside without the need adding heat. It goes to show how far things have come in the past few decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

Heating has been on for a few hours the last couple of nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

We haven't turned on our heating yet and don't plan to until the 1st of Nov! House does get cooler in the evening but we light the fire in the sitting room and it's grand! Still have some windows open here at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭highdef

Ah, in fairness, lightning a fire is putting on the heating as you're introducing extra heat into the house.

I don't get the fascination by many in this country about only switching on the central heating at/after a certain date in the calendar, regardless of the interior temperature. Surely it makes sense to enable central heating when the house no longer feels comfortably warm?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I checked Met E latest reports around 2pm and it was 17c at the Phoenix Park and it felt it too in nice sunshine, from what I can remember today was as good as most days last June!

(heating yet to be turned on and stove lit only twice)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Are we still in for stormy weather

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭appledrop

I have heating on at night for a good while but only this week that I've really felt chill in house in morning.

Heating on for half an hour does the job.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Lovely day today in Greystones. Hard to believe it's mid-October. Even managed a sail this afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,399 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Serious thunder and lightning in west Galway all morning.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Those brutal hail/thunder showers coming in from the atlantic like we used to get in the 90s are making a comeback....thunder that shakes the house and hail the size of marbles...Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Very sinister weather here in Galway I have to say.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Suddenly gone from being lovely and bright to dark and wet in Cork City - Autumn has well and truly arrived!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Very autumnal today in East Cork, extremely blustery and dark clouds gathering. Love this moody weather, beats persistent mild muck even if it’s still rain.

We had lightning overhead last night, some very loud rumbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Have to say I hate this weather cold windy and wet. Can do nothing in comfort

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Just finished a run in Tinahely, Co. Wicklow. Got caught on one shower but sun is out now and dare I say it, but it feels warm. Lovely autumn day here at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Dazler97

The entire west in a warning for thunderstorms, just got heavy rain so far

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Status Yellow - Rain and Wind warning for Munster, Connacht

• From Sunday afternoon, a spell of heavy rain will move northwards along with strengthening southeasterly winds.

• Disruption is expected including spot flooding.
    • Valid: 13:00 Sunday 16/10/2022 to 22:00 Sunday 16/10/2022
    • Issued: 15:09 Saturday 15/10/2022

Status Yellow - Wind warning for Clare, Donegal, Galway, Leitrim, Mayo, Sligo

• Very windy on Sunday night and Monday morning with further heavy showers. Southeasterly winds, veering southwesterly will reach mean speeds of 50 - 65km/h with gusts of 90 - 110km/h, higher near coasts and exposed areas.

• Disruption is expected.
    • Valid: 22:00 Sunday 16/10/2022 to 12:00 Monday 17/10/2022
    • Issued: 15:10 Saturday 15/10/2022

Status Yellow - Wind warning for Kerry, Limerick

• Very windy on Sunday night. Southerly winds, veering southwesterly will reach mean speeds of 50 - 65km/h with gusts of 90 - 110km/h, higher near coasts and exposed areas.

• Disruption is expected.
    • Valid: 22:00 Sunday 16/10/2022 to 06:00 Monday 17/10/2022
    • Issued: 15:10 Saturday 15/10/2022

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Allsorts today.. Thunder, lightning. deluges and the path flooded... gusts of wimd to shake it all about... Mild though and lit the stove for sheer comfort on a dark day at midday. The glow of red embers through the glass,,,mmmm!

Not been further than the gate so a spectator ( as I planned ) It has been a peaceful way to deal with it..

West Mayo offshore

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a lovely Autumn day here in Meath today. Bags of sunshine although the wind made it feel very chilly in the shade. Managed to avoid all the showers since this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Beautiful day in North Wicklow. One shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

On This Day 16th October in 2017, a major weather event occurred, Storm Ophelia

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

The rain in cork is seriously intense for the last hour, link road is like one big puddle, loads of flooding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Some red dust on the cars here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭secman

Hard to believe Storm Ophelia was 5 years ago, we were 7 days without power in southeast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Main road into Cork city flooded entirely, mad to see. They mustn't have cleared the drains.

For me it is a question of cost. The longer I can manage without a fire the better. I am lighting a small fire in the early afternoon now to take the chill off...

Oh and some extra allowances clock in soon!

• Advertisement

Rain, gentle and heavy on the windows and no real wind. A comforting and familiar sound as darkness intensifies... and as I do not need to go outside..

West Mayo offshore.

Advertisement