Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW12 transfer thread

Options
  • 15-10-2022 2:55pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Had 11 starters for next week until Maddison yellow.

Looking at Trossard(NFO) or Rashford(NEW), leaning toward Trossard.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭COH

Whatever it is it'll be a -8 or a -12 anyway. Have 5x City/Arsenal + James/Maddison

• Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Have the same but I'm only shifting Maddison, who has been a colossal let down since I brought him in. Can't be wasting points to shift Arsenal or City since I'll just want them back the following week. I'll play with 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭shmeee

James confirmed out for 8 weeks, misses World Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,603 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Conte on Doherty: "I'm really happy for Matthew. He played a good game against Brighton but today he was better. He was good against Brighton but today I saw Matt Doherty of last season. I said to him 'now finally you are the player I know!'."

Sounds like Doherty could be here for a few GWs if he keeps his form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Will probably do KDB to Salah and leave it that. Should get 9 out and maybe 10 if Neco makes it. Could do Maddison to Trossard but not feeling it, would rather get Foden in next week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Thank you, whatever way I looked at it, I saw NEW as next game as opposed to their midweek game.

Trossard it is so.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭The Guru 123

Any recommendations on a James replacement? Already have Cancelo, Trippier, Guehi, Webster. Whoever I buy will be needed for GW12 and will then likely rotate with Guehi and Webster for 3rd defender spot as I plan on upgrading Bailey to Foden or Saka and playing 343 from GW13 on. I’d love to get Ben White but obviously he’s no good for 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

• Registered Users Posts: 11,239 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Leaning towards Trossard myself and to have a viable captaincy option, even just for a 1 week punt. Don’t think I fancy keeping him for City and then Chelsea the week after.

Feels like a bit of a trap though the way the season has gone.

But is there any other candidates?

Should field XI for next GW but that includes Neco and Emerson who aren’t guaranteed. Needs must.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭shmeee

I've this feeling Trossard is a trap, Brighton were poor last Friday' night. Trossard is over performing for an xG perspective. Brighton literally tried to pass the ball into the goal last Friday' night. But the thing is Forest will let them do that so could be a winner but I'm just wary.

And trying to find an alternative is hard. I won't rush into any move, have a few mil ITB. Maddison yellow is fair **** annoying! All he had to do was survive 1 more minute without acting the mog.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Had planned to do KDB to Salah, will see how they both look alter today.

Maddison is a problem too. No obvious replacement tho so might just take the hit with 10 players on that one. No conficdence that Bowen/Anthony covers the -4

Might just stick KDB - Salah (3 nice home out of 5 and NFO before the break) then the following week get Foden in for Maddison (3 nice home and lei beofre the break)

Free hit played.

Team for the midweek games:

Raya

Toti Young Trippier

Almiron Son Salah Trossard Billing

Kane Solanke

Subs: Alisson Mitro Dier Coady

• Registered Users Posts: 17,259 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Got Trossard in over Mount for Luis Diaz this week, 14 point swing but getting Mount in for Maddison this week, might also do Salah for KDB for a hit to give me 11 players

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭The Guru 123

After selling him this week I might just get Trent back in for James again! He’s obviously fit so surely he comes back into the team now midweek

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Someone in FFL land must really have it in for Salah. Scores the winner, denied another by Ederson. Should have had assists but for some misses by his teammates.

But no, he's ranked lower than the Man City players even.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭mindhorn

1FT and 4.4m ITB. Don't fancy starting Emerson and I'm keeping Cancelo and Haaland. Sub out Emerson and Fofana and take the -4 hit?

Want to move Sterling on but not the week for it.

Is a -4 going to be the norm this week I wonder with all the flags and Man City / Arsenal players?

I wasn't going to but just might now. Salah impressed me and feel today's result will give Pool confidence.

Looking at a -4 to do Maddison & Kane out, Salah and 1 week punt forward in. (before getting Jesus for GW13)

Will give me 11 but banking on Neco/Emerson to get at least 1 point.

Firmino maybe or dare I say it, Darwin Nunez?! Wilson could be a nice differential at home to Everton but I also have Pope & Trippier.

The -4 of Madisson -> Salah came into my head last night, especially with Salah's moving back to attack. I can do it with a FT but need the -4 to move out James.

I don't think eithet are near a price change so I won't rush in just yet, as we might need more news on Jota injury first. I'm not sure who can play LW for Liverpool now. But I think Salah should stay in a more attacking role now too. He is captainable for the next 2 GWs aswell. He is getting chances again. And when he gets chances, he usually scores.

• Advertisement

He'll be heavily owned and heavily captained too I suspect with the week that's in it'

If he returns, it could be painful not to have him.

I would also ask why sell Kane, is it a funds thing? He has returned in every game since GW1.

But then his next 2 are against Man United & Newcastle which on paper are trickier fixtures. Would you have captained Kane in either?

I think it's probably the right thing to do to sell Maddison now as he was a sell around 13 anyways as his nicer group of fixtures are over now in 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Id say so especially for those who can only field 9 or 10. Provided the player you bring in gets 60 minutes then it is really only a -2 so a good week to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

KDB to Salah locked in for me now. May as well do Maddison to Trossard for a one week punt seeing as the fixture is so good. He'll be moved on for Foden in 13 then. Leaves me with 11 including Neco so 10 probably. Unless I go to -8 but if rather move him on for an Arsenal defender in a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

There's just so few options that I reckon will even cover the -2, and at that, who are you taking out? Probably players you want back the following week anyway. Is it work weakening your team for one game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

with jota out i've gambled on nunez i'm hoping he'll start now and liverpool will be back amongst the goals after beating city

Firmino or Nunez or both to start?

I am thinking either would be a nice differential as a 1 week punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

yes i'm hoping Nunez starts but they both easily could their squad looks a little short with injuries now

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

The "denied another" by Ederson would be seen as a huge chance missed, the ref didn't give a corner, so it's not even a save for Ederson, so he loses bp points for a big chance missed, he was on negative bps before he scored, and if he loses the ball at all that's negative against him. Rightly or wrongly that's how the bps system works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I have 7 players now. I really wanted to WC in GW13. Tempted by a -8 hit to field 10, or a -12 to field 11. Either that, or WC now. WCing now prob makes more sense.

Advertisement