Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Are we a better team without Trent at RB..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Jota basically sacrificed, potentially, his World Cup, to mark KDB out of that 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

I dunno, taught we played well last week..decisions went against us

Hopefully we are back..that f#cking world Cup might ba a blessing to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Or we could fall apart like we do every winter and exacerbate our injuries further

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Sums up the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I think Fabinho on the bench thought Salah had missed his goal as the ball bounced straight back out. Had his head in his hands lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

BVB down to 8th in the Bundesliga tonight might be worth putting in a Janaury bid for Bellingham if they are totally out of the race for the title by then.

Just had a look at Bluemoon forum, jeez if you think we go nutso when we lose, their fans want to lynch Pep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

We're a better team on the break... the questions will come when we have to break down a decent defensive team again.

Great to have had a plan today, stuck to it, and got the rewards though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Van Dijk and Salah back in form. Badly needed. When they’re in form, we are a machine. Add Robbo amd Gomez to return to form list too. Great performance.

NBC's coverage build up and post match is so much better than Sky's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Peter Drury over Martin Tyler gives NBC the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,730 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Micah Richards

A proper fcukin idiot

Perfect for Sky Sports

• Advertisement

That's great but technically, what rights do they have in Ireland and how do we watch it legally?

No Idea I'm in Chicago till the end of November and I'm watching Sky on rivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Don't want to talk about Alisson's hands on the ball either then no ?

• Advertisement

Long Live The King

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭facehugger99

The whinging from City is delicious.

Don’t think he had it under his control, I wouldn’t have argued about it if the foul hadn’t occurred earlier.

Bernardo Silva

Up with Fernandes as the biggest twat in the PL

Likes a shirt pull as well.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Silva and Richards crying over the disallowed goal. Keane talking sense at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭cmac2009

A serious issue with Nunez is he appears to be not the brightest, and is woefully lacking in football intelligence when it comes to decision making. That's a worry.

A striker who is greedy to get goals is not the brightest?

Salah could have passed it to Jota for a tap in when it was 0-0 and was gready and missed a sitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Bought and paid for by the wall of money. And they've managed to get him every pundit job out there ... to try and clean up their image no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Tbf, Salah was wide open when Nunez could have passed to him.

Brain dead stuff.

Considering a keeper can have only one hand on the ball if in contact with the ground (never mind his other hand) to count as possession, I suspect having both hands on the ball as Haaland touched it would be enough.

But I get you, it's not like Sky have bothered to show that sequence again in the detail of a potential decision as they can't understand how a foul in favour of Liverpool has been allowed to stand.

Nevilles use of the word "control" is, as he usually is in most subjects, wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Nunez probably has to play now with no Diaz and Jota probably gone for this week’s games anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭cmac2009

It's not only the instances today, noticed it in his build up play in other games as well, added to that some of his antics on the pitch. Appears very immature, even for a 23 year old footballer.

Look at Salah over the years he has been greedy when it was easier to pass to a team mate for an open goal.

Strikers are greedy they always want to score goals.

What in the name of Jim the Earthworm is Pep scuttering on about?

Pep thinks VAR being used to review goals his teams score is wrong. Especially if the ref says he's not gonna blow for fouls.

In other news, water is wet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Was fearing the worse before the game... He did great..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That one where people think Nunez should pass to Salah out wide, I don't actually think he sees him because Jota is between Nunez and Salah all the way. I'm Jota changes his run slightly then the pass would be on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

The non pass to mo was bad,but we have seen mo do similar..I'm more concerned with the through on the keeper effort shortly after where he fell over himself...he's too wound up,needs to chill..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

saw this posted on Reddit. It's crazy how the opposition are allowed to constantly foul him with no consequence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm falling out of love with football. The way Sky pander to the arabs is sickening. Waxing lyrical about Haaland but look at the team the money behind it, it's ridiculous. Now Newcastle, it's over tbh. BUT Rupert Murdoch, Maggie Thatcher, Donald Trump, Satan, your.boys.took.a.real.HAMMERING.tonight.

Tha

nk you, Liverpool, the good guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

A lot of us questioned Joe Gomez & rightly so but wow the lad was immense, Game suited him because it was so high Twmpo he never actually got a rest to switch off,

Fab back to his best

VVD knew he could defend on his reputation and put in a proper performance

Milner what a worry but done us proud

Mo Salahs strength is absolutely amazing what a player, How many years have we seen a super star questioned & Deliver that was Mo tonight unbelievable from him, All time great at the Club

Such a pity Elliott doesn't seem to have confidence in his right foot as he could have had a goal or two today in that first half if he did.

However he is still very young and can work on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Certainly didn't see that result coming, feared the worst when I saw the team, but, fair play to them, magnificent win under the circumstances. It's a bit frustrating looking back at all the soft points we've dropped all season, especially playing Mo away from goal, effectively neutralising him and the kamikaze defending all season. This needs to be the start of a run now, no real point in beating City if we continue to drop soft points against teams we should really be beating. This result should help us get back on track for top 4 and should be a massive confidence booster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Maybe, but comparing today with earlier in the season is not comparing like with like.

We had a good set up defensively, we were deeper and not playing on the half way line. A deeper back line, Fab and his wingmen sat deeper, and Jota and Bobby got back and helped out at times.

It worked, and it made sense today given the opposition. It won't happen against probably 15 other EPL teams though, we'll be going balls out for the win and will be more open. A more in between approach should have been taken before now to be honest, stubbornness on Klopp's part cost us to be honest.

• Advertisement

Liverpool just released a statement, oh dear. It looks like Man City fans have become vile. Well if you're owned by Arabs who cares do what you like lads. Vile!

salah

What I am liking is Klopp said a week or so ago that he would be changing formations and tactics to make the team more unpredictable and we are starting to see than now moving from a 433 to a 424 to 4321 and a 442 over the course of the last few games.

It will take time espically with the injures for all the players to click with this however it is good to see them change it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

Did not see that performance or result coming. Unbelievable from the lads. I hope Jota isn't too bad but it looked nasty i initially thought he was just winding the clock down but stretchered off did not look good. Nunez with the 3 on 1 situation i was sure we were going to be punished for that. In fairness he whipped a lovely ball across the box into trent a few minutes later which was the right thing to do. In general i thought his directness really had City guessing even if he needs to learn when to pass ha.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Salah has to be played through the middle more.

• Advertisement
Advertisement