Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20% off Sleep Earbuds.

• 14-10-2022 10:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭

Soundcore (eu.Soundcore.com) have just launched their 'Sleep A10" earbuds for sleeping. They are not cheap, but are much cheaper than the Bose Sleepbuds 2, and have more functionality.

The code SLEEP20OFF gives a 20% discount, making the cost €149 with shipping to Ireland.

The idea with sleep earbuds is that they deaden external noise and provide a range of background sounds to help with sleeping. I found the Bose Sleepbuds 2 great, but they can only play a preset range of looped sounds. The Sleep A10 have a similar library of sounds but also support Bluetooth streaming. I've just ordered so can't say how effective they are in practice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Interesting. Let us know what they're like. I use the Realme Buds Air 2 Neo for the same thing. They're not designed for it but very low profile and no LEDs or anything so I find they work well. I just stream stuff from my phone for the background noise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Be interested to know how you get on with these, i recently sent the Bose Sleepbuds2 back as they didnt really work for a side sleeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭NewClareman

i agree that they are not ideal for side sleeping, another reason for trying the Sleep A10. I haven't got them yet, I'll post when I've tried them for a few days.

Post edited by NewClareman on

They're on the way, due to be delivered on Tuesday. :)

• Advertisement

@zweton I've tried them for two nights...

• They're a good bit better for side sleeping as you have a wider range of options for customisation than with the Bose Earbuds.
    • Not as premium looking as the Bose, but still very well engineered.
    • I had two Bluetooth dropouts, but they pushed TWO firmware updates, in the last two days. I guess they are still in active development.
    • The sound quality is excellent, given how small they are.
    • A range of sounds are available, one of which can be uploaded to the earbuds and used without any connected device. I like the rain option, but prefer the white noise option with Bose.
    • All in all I would prefer them to the Sleepbuds 2, but time will tell.

good stuff, sounds promising! without anything playing are they decent enough to block out noise?

They reduce it, probably a bit better than the Bose, but don't block it out completely. That's to be expected and why noise masking is used. One thing, which I haven't noticed yet is that the masking, e.g. rain sounds, is supposed to automatically adapt to the level of external noise.

I can't understand why they don't have a white noise option, as I find this very effective. It may be available yet, as it appears that development is ongoing.

cool thanks, might give them a try

Having tried these for a few days, I have mixed views. They are not nearly as good as the Bose Sleepbuds 2 for blocking noise and are not fit for purpose if noise blocking is the concern. They actually do have white noise as an option for noise masking, but there is simply too much external noise leaking in. I tried various size tips, but little improvement.

Having said that, there are positives. The earbuds have good sound quality and are so light and comfortable you can forget you're wearing them, during day or night time. They have tips options that lock into the ear and they then stay in place through the night. If noise reduction isn't a concern I'd happily recommend them as a sleeping aid. As it is I'll hang on to my pair for general use.

• Advertisement

Cheers for the update, i ordered yesterday but i know theres a 30 day return on them so always that option. Is the smart switch working for you? I see a few on reddit mention it never worked for them and then did for others.

No, the smart switch is not working and I have a case open with them on that. I fall asleep listening to audio and wake up to..... silence.

(Well, not actual silence, just no noise masking :))

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭R11

Tempted to get these but need noise cancelling ones....what's the opinion? Is there a better alternative?

The only noise cancelling option I know of os QuietOn. Use google, I haven't tried them :)

Advertisement