Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 podge2022

Hi Laura,

They are quite accommodating if you have an injury as long as you get a Certificate from your GP to support it. Your PCT will be pushed back to a later batch consequently. I had the same issue and everything went fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 laurak24100

thank you so much!! What way did u go about contacting them??

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭king999

Heya I’m in same boat just coming back from injury just in relation to getting it pushed back … was it pushed back much ? Few weeks ? Don’t wanna risk it being pushed back ages either ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 podge2022

No problem 😌. You can contact them via email/phone. The email is the same one you’re to send the Form B to. I was initially meant to do my PCT at the start of September but due to injury I pushed it back eight weeks. That meant that I also missed last weeks’ PCT. However I will be doing it in November. The only thing I would mention is that there may be a limit on batches. And the next batch is 3. (Correct me if I’m wrong). So I wouldn’t push it too far back so as to be moved into the next competition etc, I’m not sure how many batches there will be, I’m guessing 5. Also, get that physio booked sooner rather than later! Best of luck 🤞🏼

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sandybyrne7

@cluedo93 yes I did and they said since I am not able to do first PCT I have one deferral, next deferral I am out so may just hope next PCT won't be too long after the 7-11th :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Cluedo93

@sandybyrne7 thank you for the information. I will be doing the fitness etc early November but I need to ask them about changing my start date in templemore as my wife needs to have surgery the end of November. Were they nice about helping you out with deferring?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Starlight27

Anyone here from Batch 7?

Hey guys I received my stage 2 results on Friday and successfully passed. I received the email regarding the short application form such as filling out my work and education history and hobbies etc..

When do you receive the the long detailed form with the information regarding family members history?

@Starlight27 you will receive form B after your interview results (if you pass) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Irishguy215702

ironically enough im not unhappy with my job and intend to seeing it out till retirement but completely understand why youd say that hoops67. my reasons for joining might differ to most but i was blindsided by the realities of the pension situation, i never realised nor was it publicised to those considering applying of just how poor it is. i believe people deserve to be aware of these things and too many people are joining with their eyes closed, hence the high resignation number, something unheard of in times of the past. what ive pointed out are facts, a poor pension to look forward to for what is a challenging job with the strange and threatening positions you will find yourself in is plain wrong and ref rosters - your way of life and worklife balance being ripped from you ignoring majority consent. if these are red lines for people then better to know now then later, if not red lines then all well and good. as i already said, just so people dont think their reading the rants of a disgruntled worker, ask others and as many of others as possible to get the most accurate picture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Doug123

Hey everyone have an Oom in the 1500’s and still waiting to be called for Stage 2. Anyone any idea when possibly we could be called?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SausageRoll7

Anyone who needs help with anything just pm me ill help as much as possible. So far I've passed everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 aod2903

just wondering for the fitness and medical are they carried out in a specific location ie. Templemore or are there multiple locations across the country? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 emziebear94

Anyone know how many people are starting in the college the end of November? And is it just people from batch 1 and 2?

@SausageRoll7 could I ask if there are multiple locations for the medical or only one? :) Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25 KaWinNee

2 in dublin, 1 in cork, 1 in galway and 1 in limerick if i remember correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

They were aiming for 200, but not sure if that'll be this intake. It'll be candidates who have all elements finished and vetting cleared from previous campaigns (2019/2018) who are still waiting. Including candidates from this campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭blinkinghinds

Are you waiting from a previous campaign with everything cleared (including vetting)?

Can't imagine huge numbers are still available from these campaigns, they are over three years old at this stage.

Aw brilliant thank you for replying that's handy then 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭JohnSmith98

I don't think so mate. They've merged batch 1 and 2 now as they didn't have enough from batch 1 for a full intake. I don't think a single person from a previous intake will be starting in November. The previous campaign is over 3 years old at this stage. The guys starting in November will be exclusively from batch 1 and 2 from this campaign I'd assume.

I don't know why people keep saying that people leftover from the previous batch are still being considered. It doesn't make any sense. The previous campaign started in April 2019 did it not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 SausageRoll7

• Registered Users Posts: 4 emziebear94

There are only 25 people in the college at the moment and that’s what they scraped together from the 2018/2019 campaign. So there’s definitely not anyone from that campaign still waiting!

I'm sure there might be some from previous campaigns left, particularly those that have repeated stages and had issues with their vetting (at this point if you are still being vetted there must be an issue) but most of them should have been picked up in the classes they have scraped together this year.

Also worth remembering the 2019 campaign only had half as many applications as 2022 so it's not like there was a big pool there even three years ago.

Realistically if there are any left it must be a very small number, otherwise they wouldn't be struggling to fill a class.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

"approximately 75 more expected to enter in November"

I was told by one of the Guards at the fitness test that the November 28th start date was suppossed to be just for Batch 1 but there wasn't enough in batch 1 who passed the physical and medical to fill a full class. So batch 1 and 2 have been essentially marged and they're desperately trying to get the medicals and vetting completed to have a full 200ish intake on the 28th of November

Very interesting cheers, are you in batch two (you would have done your physical last week I assume)?

The number being thrown around now seems to be 75 for the first intake but who knows what it will actually be, I imagine they want as many as possible considering the bad headlines recently re: recruitment.

There were only about 150 candidates in batch 1 so there could have been less than 100 who got through the physical and medical first time, hence the problems filling a class.

Im Batch 2 yeah although Batch 1 and 2 have now been effectively merged. I was told that they were trying to get the medicals done asap to actually get the November 28th intake filled. Seeing the failure rate at the fitness test I'm not at all surprised there wasn't enough people passing that to fill an intake tbh.

They're basically progressing people at fast as they physically can. They want Templemore at it's absolute max capacity as soon as they can (which is obviously good for us)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

In the 2022 Candidate Information Booklet p.13.

"There are a number of applicants still being processed from previous campaigns that will be 

considered first for intakes into the Garda College (subject to their files being approved)."

How many applicants is anyones guess though.

It's hard to know but that was published 8 months ago at this stage, in which time a class of just 25 was recruited so it can't be too many

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 WallyBoy

@Cluedo93 Did you hear back about the foreign GP cert?

Advertisement