Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Green" policies are destroying this country

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

Don’t you rely on these ugly beast data centres to post the above message?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

If they are that bad then revoke planning but then he would be forced to admit that our energy system is broken. Instead he bans electricity connections. So now they can't tap into wind energy so have to rely on gas. Fool. The problem was that we can't supply them with energy, that's what needs to be fixed. So now they will go elsewhere probably somewhere with higher need for cooling so he's just made it worse not better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭KildareP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Boo to a new runway, theres ways around it, remote working is a huge opportunity, which if course require infrastructure such as

And therein we have what literally sums up the green party and their agenda in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

You do realize you are posting here via a data centre and remote working requires significant data centre resources right?

Also, what's your view of wind turbines strewn across our landscapes and hillsides?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,078 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Because there is no emergency. The government doesn't actually believe it themselves and are using the proclamation to try and hoodwink the population into not getting riled up over their actions, like maintaining carbon taxes during an energy and inflation crisis that will lead to deaths of some elderly people who will not be able to afford heating.

Post edited by cnocbui on

Did you miss the aviation industry announcement that they would attempt to go zero throgh carbon offsets and exploring new tech?

Boston - The International Air Transport Association (IATA) 77th Annual General Meeting approved a resolution for the global air transport industry to achieve net-zero carbon emissions by 2050. This commitment will align with the Paris Agreement goal for global warming not to exceed 1.5°C.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭deholleboom

We have another blinkered green troll in this thread.

How about: do not engage or respond?! This to my fellow posters still facilitating these green monsters..

The current and immediate future is actually much worse than people think. Politicians and the media are banking EVERYTHING on the Green Agenda. They are implementing EU laws that tie companies to state (and possibly bank) loans only for green tech and punish any other with hefty levies. They are trying to get all the banks and private companies in line to get them to comply with the Green agenda and have them publish annual reports about progress and which company does not comply to the rules. They use the carbon footprint in form of the simplistic CO2 emissions to force them. They will not issue permits to set up a new business or continue existing ones. It is EXACTLY like what happens in the woke world. That double whammy is hitting us in a 2 front war on sanity. Given the current crisis it is criminal that this type of fascist behaviour is maintained. A psychiatrist would diagnose it with bulemia. And see the self hurt cuts as a denial of reality. The ultra thin thinking they are actually fat. This mind boggling stupidity is getting us ever closer to the precipice. A collective self hate, western guilt harikiri in fast motion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Ah I’m not sure that poster is a green troll, just needs to see the other side of the argument- the side that actually makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Marder

Beechwood Park is banned from adding environmental comments in the Aviation forum.

Get ready for some sarcasm. She is a bit hard to understand but is super smart. Check out her Youtube channel..

Great articles on Substack as well.

This may be difficult for you to understand, but an alternative POV does not equal trolling.

If you're looking for an echo chamber, might I suggest Reddit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭KildareP

Trolling it may not be, but when your point of view can be summarised as:

• Complain about datacentres on an online forum
    • Complain about aviation on an online forum
    • Suggest working from home (which requires the facilities enabled by datacentres) as the solution to needing more aviation.

All within 3 posts of each other, then I'm afraid it's not - at least in my mind - a serious, genuine, well-reasoned point of view being positioned.

The fiddle didn't exist at the time and wouldn't for a thousand years. Nero was 35km from Rome at the time. It's claimed he sang, but that was hearsay and not an eyewitness account.

Do you remember a few years ago the massive fires in Australia? Climate modelers and catastrophists then claimed Australia would get hotter, dryer and burn:

Most climate models predict that “Australia will warm faster than the rest of the world,” says Kevin Hennessy, climate researcher at the CSIRO, Australia’s national research agency. Global heating will also likely cause a continued decline in rainfall in southern Australia, resulting in longer droughts and many more days with severe fire danger.

Australia is currently experiencing one of it's wettest years on record, following on from last year which also was far wetter than normal. So we've gone from Australia is doomed to two years in a row with plenty of rain leading to two consecutive years of record grain harvests - oops.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,674 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Yes because I was highlighting uncomfortable realities to them.

they did the equivalent of sticking their thumbs in their ears and whistle sweet fanny Adams instead of addressing the points

if you read their thread All they talk about is drool over some latest chemical emission spewing planes.

while the climate is literally showing runaway temperature increases

It’s delusion thinking at its worst

That is not my memory of how you behaved on that sub-forum.

The climate had periods of warming before. Ireland used to be covered in trees where there are now bogs, so it was warmer and drier - imagine that.

Post edited by cnocbui on

And THAT is your mistake. For a (semi) green troll (or maybe they should be called gnomes!) there IS no other argument because they cannot conceive the notion that there might be limitations to anything they propose. No balancing scale just a series of fascist rules to comply with. If you think these people have an actual properly functioning brain concerning these matters YOU are delusional. If you think you might convince them or present an alternative way to look at simple facts is a denial of reality. It is naive. But maybe you simply want to virtue signal your position to others by jumping into this leaky boat. And maybe, just maybe contemplate on this. You might not agree with me and that is perfectly fine of course. But don't you think i have a point? I mean, i wouldnt want everybody to agree w me on everything i say but one could spot a pattern. The biggest pattern i spot are the (un) merry go round to and fro arguments between people so far removed from a shared reality that it results in a form of stupidity to continue. A bit of self reflection might help. I do. In the form of my wife who helps me by being a useful sound board. But she ( i hope) lives in the same reality as I.😊

Post edited by deholleboom on

• Advertisement

I would advise anyone who is interested in this subject to look up the hockey stick graph on Wikipedia.

or look up the graph showing levels co2 in the atmosphere

It tells its own story.

i would recommend articles by David Wallace wells and Bill McKibben too if you want to educate yourself about how bad things are and what we can do about it.

Yip, that is almost verbatim the posts you used to get you banned from posting on non-aviation topics in the aviation forum.

It is always interesting to witness blinkered individuals proposing others need to be 'educated' while they themselves have greatly narrowed their minds to shut them off of being able to process better and more broad spectrum data concerning a certain topic. They are so focussed on a target they cant see the wood for the trees, ie, the Green Agenda. To highlight this there exists a famous psychological test in which participants had to count the number of black (or coloured) shirts in a moving 2 team sports (i think) contest. Not one of them noticed the huge black gorilla who was in full view all of the time. That is what happens w focussed targets. Everything else simply disappears. It has gone mainstream. THAT is the scary bit..

It comes down to: there are 'experts' (IPCC) who's leaders have identified THE problem and THE solutions and their Politburo has issued statements (which contradict findings in their own reports!) proposing policy implementation by governments which have been taken up wholesale and pushed by supra nationals (EU/UN) away from citizens power and national parliaments. Increased efforts to put these matters into law. A shut down case. No more questions, viewpoints. Just compliance. We are in a war like situation and the asteroid is about to hit us.

Well, no need for the asteroid. We are doing our best to do ourselves in without the need of any outside help. The EU is on top of the list and everyone seems to be in denial..

Post edited by deholleboom on

what can be more fundamental than the actual atmosphere and climate of this planet?

We need to get that sorted before looking at off the wall things like extra runways for planes going on silly cheapo holiday flights or high power muscle cars guzzling fossil fuels. And spewing out emissions.

Post edited by Beechwoodspark on

also those huge suv style vehicles need to be levied and taxed to the hilt particularly the petrol and diesel models. Whatever about rural working vehicles which again I would be dubious of There is absolutely no need for them particularly in urban settings.

Ah, to be 16 again and live in a complex world offering simple solutions and not worry about trade offs!🤗

Ah yes, the hockey stick graph:

Tell me - where is the medieval warm period? What happened to it? According to Mann et al, it didn't exist, a figment of the imagination, ignore written history and the cold hard evidence of the abundant crops that funded the building of all of Europes major cathedrals. http://appinsys.com/GlobalWarming/GW_Part2_HockeyStick.htm

A new NASA study on the Antarctic Ice Sheet says that an increase in Antarctic snow accumulation that began 10,000 years ago is currently adding enough ice to the continent to outweigh the increased losses from its thinning glaciers.The research challenges the conclusions of other studies, including the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s (IPCC) 2013 report, which says that Antarctica is overall losing land ice.

Oops...

And your atmospheric CO2 is based on virtually a single measuring site on Muana kea in Hawaii, a currently grumbling volcano that leaks millions of tons of CO2 annually through a myriad of cracks and fiissures. Of course there is a claim they filter this from the measurments, but given that most of science is based on papers which when repeated by other scientists, fail to reproduce or confirm the original results, and the fiddling of the ground temperature record and attempts to hide that, well I'm very, very sceptical.

what if you live in the city but commute to various different sites around the country that are 200+Kms away? Still no need for a diesel?

Yeah…… I have no idea what your on about.

Are you criticising me or something?

• Advertisement

I would defy anyone to come away from reading the science on climate change and not realise we are definitely in the midst of a huge catastrophic wildly reckless experiment on the planet.

Advertisement