Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@Witchie this is your Albania.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Done for 2 day.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Glad you didn't get washed away @thomil. Let's hope Sephers and Duvet are ok too.

That's Monday over, I'm considering fried egg, chips and beans for dinner. 🍟🍳

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

One of the advantages of living on a hill, I guess 😁

I hope our favourite feline and Duvet are high and dry as well. Might be worth stocking up on sandbags down here though. Looks like we might crack 40mm of rainfall down here in Cork on Wednesday. That's another 6mm more than what came down on Sunday, which doesn't bode well. I wonder whether we'll have kayaks on Oliver Plunkett Street again? 🤔

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Trundle time approaches, apparently traffic is disastrous, yay!

Surely Wednesday can't be worse than yesterday, unbelievable wind and rain, flooding was crazy. There was nothing else to do except stay warm and very hydrated, I ended up taking a half day today, need about a weeks sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Years ago, my neighbour was a student renting on western road. One morning she got up to find her car was submerged after a heavy night of rainfall 😏

Stay high, Corkonians 😘

@[Deleted User] I hope the hangover wasn't too bad.

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It's pretty calm over here for now at least.

• Advertisement

Western Road can definitely turn into Western Approaches at times, and Wednesday might well be such a time.

(For those without a naval affliction, Western Approaches refers to the sea lanes from the Atlantic past Ireland to the ports on the west coast of England, like Liverpool. Much of the Battle of the Atlantic in WW2 took place in that area and I don’t think I need to tell you about the sea conditions you can encounter there)

Couchside here, waiting for the dryer to finish its current load and contemplating a decaf coffee & muffin…

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sick as a small hospital here, had to take a half day at work and I am now welded to the bed watching MAFS ( I blame duvet) 😂

No rain here so far

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Took a trip to The Lough this evening. It was lovely there.

Angrily hammering out emails.

This place more like a hospital ward recently 🤣

I have no idea what you mean *looks down at freshly bandaged leg* 😶

Hope everyone gets better soon. Keeping my fingers crossed for y’all!

I used to notice that there was always a hayp of people on crutches or in casts at the same time when i was younger, wonder what that was about.

Free belly rubs to cheer everyone up !

This is his "Draw me like one of your French girls" pose 😂

That's a cat that's beautiful and knows it, i would be afraid of giving belly rubs though, claws sometimes come out to play!.

Aaaawwww 😍😍

What a cutie, but I’d be worried about my hands being torn to shreds if I tried it. Bad experiences with the two cats we had when I was a child

@Gremlinertia Sounds like a GAA or soccer match that got out of hand. Back in Germany, I‘d usually notice an increase in black eyes, bruises or arms in slings after the local Volksfest (I think the best translation is carnival, but with loads of beer) 🎡🎠🍻🍻 Think of those things like a scaled down Oktoberfest.

• Advertisement

1 belly rub. Slowly and very carefully 😀

Cat would know you're afraid and play with you. I love them all the same..

@thomil i think it's a psychological trick where once you notice one thing you keep seeing the same thing. Can't think of the term..

I think you mean frequency bias. Had to google that myself.

That's the one. Our devious little minds playing tricks on us

He's a beautiful cat 🐈

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Thank feck Monday is over, things can only get better! 😂 you're welcome for the ear worm 😉

It's frozzlin' out, my hat was not enough for a few minutes, pay attention grem!.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I saw something on Instagram today that would fit nicely into the thread today, but can I find it now?! No.

Basically it was the picture of a hand in absolute bits from scratches and a cute looking cat near the hand.

The caption was "this is the only abusive relationship I'm prepared to put up with." 😆

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Oh i had those hands a lot when i was young, don't regret a minute, little clingons tearing (literally) up my legs 😍

Advertisement