Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 7/Pixel 7 Pro

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Same here - Im on the lookout for a 6 pro if any one who got a 7 series wants to sell at a reasonable price - adverts is nuts. Some people still think that their 6 Pro will sell for €680-700 euros. Cex trade in prices are usually what I would base making an offer on not their sell on prices are they are nuts aswell!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭TheRona

I'll be looking at around 500 for my 6Pro, with cases etc included. I'd say that's around the going rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

The watch seems to awful and don't see it fetching more than 200 if reselling. It would be hard to sell even at 200 I think. Plenty of better watches out there.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

flip flopped over the weekend ordering the pro 7 with free watch till the watch appeared out of stock yesterday evening and hasnt come back.. seems like its a done deal.. i have the pro 6 and honestly from everything ive seen the upgrades seem relatively minor so im going to try and hold out till the 8 pro next year.. few things like the face unlock seem a bit pointless.. its not secure enough for payments and doesnt work in low light.. maybe they will add back in the tech from the pixel 4 which was more secure for next year..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Phone/watch arrived in MailboxDE! I picked GLS like JayJay. I noticed a statement saying that if you pick Deutsche Weltpackt, they don't allow Lithium Ion batteries, so probably best playing safe and not picking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

I decided to order the 7 with the free Pixel Buds last night as the watch was what was swinging me towards the Pro but it didn't come back into stock.

Did MailboxDE email you when they received it and give you the prices of different couriers to use? Then you just go on and pick one and pay? I've never used them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭DERPY DERPFACE

Did you get an update on this? Thinking of pulling the trigger on a 7 with the watch if its in stock, or the buds otherwise today before the deadline, but this would put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

I ordered last night and called Google as watch was out of stock so shouldn't be included in order.

They told me once I get the phone to email them and they will give me a Google store credit to the value of the watch so I can order it.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭djr

I have a 6pro that needs a screen repair that I would let go for 250

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

Yeah, you'll get an email or you can set up an auto dispatch where you pay them 6.90 I think, plus the shipping cost and you don't need to do anything, they just automatically ship it to you. Not sure if it's worth it as all you really need to do is keep an eye on your emails. I did the auto dispatch though and it worked for me.

The best company for shipping seemed to be GLS as they were the quickest and also could handle packages with batteries in them and also had insurance up to 1000. Wouldn't actually cover the whole contents value but was the best on offer.

It was shipped to me on Friday but didn't move over the weekend it seems but hoping I'll see movement tonight for delivery tomorrow.

Also, just to mention the price, if you go with the above, the cost for the actual delivery is 19.94. I put 27 quid into my account and there is 16 cent left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

received the 7 this morning (upgrading from the 4a)

Only just set it up and it seems much faster and crisper display but thats to be expected given the gap between 4a and 7.

went with the google protective case which seems a bit slippy so will probably change that for fear of constantly dropping it.

I purchased on Friday last week and at the time there was no offer of watch or buds on the site so maybe I missed it but not overly bothers for either really.

All in all seems a decent phone but time will tell.

yeah the offer was only for germany and the uk and maybe some other euro countries .. i was tempted to buy it from the uk and sell the watch and my pro 6 and cut down the cost to change but didnt bother in the end..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭TheRona

You still have a few hours left of the promotion, if you change your mind 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Yes, like other poster JayJay, I found it very efficient. I got a notification that the Google delivery arrived with MailboxDe this morning, went to their website a half hour later and it showed received. Then selected GLS (best option) for €19.94, topped up account with €20 through Paypal, and submitted. I now have a GLS tracking number (it says not picked up yet, but hoping not much longer).

Nice one. If yours goes like mine, it won't be picked up till tonight but will be with their sorting office before midnight. For me it ended up staying there since (so far anyway), probably because it was the weekend.

No movement today yet either but hoping I wake up to it being out for delivery tomorrow. If not then then I assume it'll be here Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

Does anyone know of a tempered protection glass for the P7 Pro, with curved edges, that doesn't have a fingerprint sensor sticker on the underside of the panel? I've bought two pairs off Amazon and both have a visible fingerprint stickers on them and they are very distracting while looking at the display.

whitestone dome seemed to be the best of the best - not sure about fingerprint stickers.. they are expensive.. wish they would just make a flat screen

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭iHungry

There's one due for release, it's a tempered glass protection from the brand Whitestone which I have on my P6 Pro and it's great.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies. Hopefully it actually gets dispatched now.

I had a Steam Deck come from the Netherlands a few months ago with GLS and there was no update on the tracking for 5 days from when it left the parcel centre over there until it arrived in Ireland. It arrived into Ireland at night and was delivered the next day. Just to give you a heads up not to worry if it looks like it's not moving for a few days, once it arrives in Ireland it's quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Confusselled

Trying to order on German store and getting "Unfortunately, the item could not be added to your shopping cart. The maximum number of articles has been exceeded."

I guess I missed the boat :(

Just the black buds cause that error

• Registered Users Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Mine arrived with shipgerman. Selected to ship with Deustche Post premium/DHL, just preparing for dispatch now. Cost 25 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Confusselled

White phone and White buds ordered, hopefully on the way to mailbox soon and Ill see them maybe next week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Reviews for the pixel watch pretty much confirm an awful battery with charging required once if not twice a day

Yeah, such a pity. It's pathetic to put such a small battery in a Watch in this day and age.

No watch should be sold that can't last a day with it's features turned on.

I get that they want it to look sleek, but what's the point if you have to charge multiple times a day.

I had the Galaxy Watch gen 1 for the last few years until I got the watch 5 pro at launch. I get 4 days out of it which is not bad. Have seen others get 5 days or more with some settings adjustments.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭1jcdub

If anyone is selling their pixel 6 Pro I'll be interested if it's mint condition 450 max

PM me

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭captainneutron

Ordered a pixel 7 pro in hazel this morning from Vodafone website. Does anyone know how long they take to dispatch? Bought it on PAYG, in this day and age you'd think it would be sent out same Day

From reading the Pixel thread on BA they're a disaster for cancelling orders for no reason, and sometimes not telling you. Once it actually goes through it's next day in my experience. Last time I ordered from them I didn't get shipping notification or tracking number. It just turned up.

My own order from the German Google Store has just gone preparing the ship in the last hour. Delivers 19th-21st. I'd say it'll ship tomorrow and be delivered on 19th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭checkyabadself

Yeah all good now. Didn't have to email them. I got the 649 deducted and 219 deducted but then my bank got 219 credited back in automatically a day later. Must be how they processed the bundle deal. Delighted to get them for free.

649 for the Pixel 7 plus the buds pro is a great deal IMO.

Advertisement