Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cure- 1st December 2022 3Arena

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Gonna try my best to get a ticket for the 3 Arena 👍

I missed them and Metallica last time, both were playing the same night.... I cannot remember what I was up to instead! 🤦

Post edited by RolandGoose on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Looking forward to this alright. The Cure, Pavement, Depeche Mode....heady days for us oul' lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Do a refresh every now and again on the Ticketmaster page. I picked up a Block A ticket doing that a few months ago. It's not a great location view wise but I can see on the night if I could wander down the stairs to the standing area

Keep an eye on the usual sources (Toutless, FB marketplace) and the app below

The 2nd encore looked ridiculously good

• Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I saw them in the 90's - take earplugs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭glennhysen

Should be a good concert, they have started their tour really well and have played 3 new songs so far.

It will be nearly 30 years to the day since the first time I saw them (in the same venue!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Really looking forward to this. I am in awe of how hectic their tour schedule is though. I'm exhausted just looking at it!

I will be attending this one alone and, although this is not unusual for me for gigs in other countries and the odd one in other more central Dublin venues, I have not attended a gig alone in the Point in years. I never usually worry about this stuff, but I have some concerns about safety getting back into the city centre after the gig with the increase in antisocial behaviour around the city lately.

Can any regular attendees tell me if it's likely to be fairly busy walking back towards O'Connell Bridge afterwards? So safe enough on my own? I assume a taxi would just be more hassle and risk of no show and being left hanging around as the area empties out. I'm happy enough on my own once I'm back in the city centre area for my bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Walking back to the city from the 3Arena is not like running the gauntlet from the Point back in the nineties, when significant sections along the route were still undeveloped. It's fine. There'll be a lot of people walking back anyway, but if you're worried about getting to the city on foot, you could get the LUAS and get off nearest to where your bus will be.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Been going to the 3Arena solo for a few years now

It's grand and you'll be walking with a crowd either going up the quays or if you go up the luas track

Getting the luas from the point to Bus Aras/Abbey Street is another option but it could be a lengthy wait after the concert

Yeah, the wait for the Luas doesn't appeal. I'd rather just get back towards my bus as quick as possible. So if there will be a reasonable crowd walking back I should be fine. Thanks.

Also, what time is the band likely to be on stage? 6pm seems like such an early start time even for support acts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭glennhysen

Based on this tour, they seem to be on stage from 8/8.30pm and will play for 2-2.5 hours

The stage looks pretty cool

In the corner of Block A and hoping my view won't be too obstructed

Might try sneak down to the standing area

I won't be able to get there until 7 so hopefully that will be OK.

I'm right at the back outer corner of Block J so not great. Very sorry not to be standing, but that's all that was available so I'm just thankful I'm going.

You'll be surprised with Block J, the view will still be great

There is a function to get an 'exchange' but the new ticket would need to be of equal/more expensive then the ticket your exchanging

It's possible production holds will be released closer to the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Just back from Berlin gig . 5th time seeing them and that was by far the best ever . Can't wait for Dublin now !

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

Looking forward to this too, I’m block N, usually stand in The Point but couldn’t get tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭dasdog

I got a decent re-sale Block F ticket yesterday for a friend and picked up two standing in August also so they are available. First time in 30+ years of gig going I've paid over the odds when the additional service charges are factored in but I've never seen them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭McSween

Exactly 1560 weeks. Ill never forget ‘thursday 3rd december 1992’. Ticket was £15.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I've a standing ticket for the Belfast gig the following night 😊

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Resale tickets coming in now for 3 Arena on TM and also on Toutless, if anybidy looking

We got 2 standing tickets... Am so happy 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

I have just put up 2 standing tickets for 3 Arena on toutless

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Here is a strange one, I could only get an e-ticket for this gig, but I seen since there are paper tickets going around. I am one of those people who likes to keep the stub as a memento after a gig. If anyone here has a paper ticket after the gig and tends not to bother with it or bin it, is there any chance I could have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Do what i do and make your own. Yes, i am that sad.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

No judgement here. I do the same. I take screengrabs, print them in colour and file them away with the rest of my tickets.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Yeah I screengrab the tickets and edit using 'paint 3D', like my ticket stubs but not paying extra for one

Gig only a week away, sadly in the corner of Block A but view is decent enough if there's no big speakers at the corners of the stage. Looking forward too it

Random question but would it be worth going to the Cobblestone or will it be still packed at approx 4.30 on a Thursday ?

Was in Bowes and the Palace Bar last week and it was pretty claustrophobic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

was in Block A for kings of leon in the summer and it wasnt bad. debating whether to pick up a last minute ticket for this or not as florence is now cancelled from night b4

Has the stage time been announced yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

1 x resale ticket up on ticketmaster now. Hopefully we'll start to se a few more from here on in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Essielo

Hi all ive just put up 2 standing tickets for resale on TM unfortunately somethings come up and i can't make it gutted!hopefully someone fan here can grab em

Advertisement