Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW12 transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Come join Patmac and myself in the WC Thread:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Thinking Maddison to Mount, and then Mount to Foden/Saka for the weekend. Seems a bit of a waste of a transfer but I might get 11 players if Zouma plays. Probably going to be a ton of rotation for the midweek games as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Cost me a 50-1 bet builder. I had Salah 2+ shots on target. Paddy saying that because there wasn't a corner given, the shot was off target

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Think I'm all set to play my free hit. Saved it last year and didn't really make all that much difference so I feel having the full 11 and getting a pick of the best for the week that's in it might be a good option to make up some ground.

Picking defenders is becoming so complicated though I mean look what happened when I sold Pope the weekend ffs haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Trippier or Doherty as a replacement for James? I intend getting him back him when he is back fit anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Trippier is more trustworthy and will be playing every game unless injury. Hes a much safer option at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,603 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm thinking about going for the much maligned double Newcastle defence for 12 & beyond. Schar or Botman, it doesn't matter but Schar does seem more nailed.

The only thing is the last time there was midweek games, both Schar & Botman were rested. That was away at Liverpool after being away at Wolves. Maybe Howe thought that the Anfield game was a bit of a free hit so tried to rotate there and focus more on their home game against Palace to win that instead. maybe he does the same again, but kind of reversed as Everton at home is a winnable game midweek, and then maybe rotate away at Spurs at the weekend instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Looking to move on Maddison so I have 11. Trossard and Mount are the 2 options I'm looking at, Mount looks the better option in the long term

• Registered Users Posts: 9,674 ✭✭✭Cartman78

In the same boat... looking at Mount or Almiron

If you're not taking a hit this GW, are you playing FPL at all 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭mindhorn

I have two City + Maddison. Want to get rid of Fofana but nobody is standing out atm. Maybe Cucurella but there's a chance he'll only get a few mins midweek or at the weekend. Only 1 FT so I'd have to have a -4 to field 11 (assuming Emerson doesn't play).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭COH

Took a -8 already, seasons in the sh*tter anyway so may as well take some risks

KDB > Salah

Madison > Mount

James > Chilwell

Might make it a -12 yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭skippy15

Madison and James for mount and Trent,

Maybe Trent is Liverpool shaded glasses, but other than cancello no premiums delivering, big risk v reward,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Mount for Bilva

Wilson(c) for Jesus

Playing 10

Do you think Robbo might be a better option, right now, over Trent because he is match fit (that we know of, right now)?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Med101007

What should I do here with 2 FT's and 0.8m ITB. I still have my wildcard so I'm planning to use that in GW 13. Thinking for GW 12 to replace Cancelo / Haaland for Van Dijk / Kane and buying them both back with the wildcard in GW 13. That strategy would give me 10 starters for GW 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

You can get them selling James instead and keep Cancelo.

Cancelo and Maddi to Guehi and Son another possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Personally i would transfer out james, maddison and neto for a minus 4. For something like trossard, zaha and geuhi. I wouldnt lose the value on haaland for one week of kane v man u at old trafford

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Can't get XI playing this week unless I either a) use my two FTs and take a -8 hit, or b) use the Free Hit. Of those options I think I'll go with the first one. Might even just take a -4 and try to get away with ten players. It might cost me in some of my LMS leagues, but in terms of the overall competition I reckon it'd be preferable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭shmeee

Moved on Maddison to Mount with my 1FT.

That give's me X1 active players (Neco and A.Armstrong involved in such).

And now I may move on either Neco to TAA or Armstrong to Nunez for a -4.... Not sure what way to go. Have the funds, 4.7 ITB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

so i made two changes -4 and have 11 playing plus a sub goalie and two outfield players (haaland a non playing sub) tempted to do a bench boost as many might not even have 11 playing so it could be a differential if you like, probably wont do it to keep the chip for a double week but it is tempting

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭shmeee

I'd take the hit. Seen LiveFPL said "The average manager inside the Top 500K has 4.7 players blanking in GW12. (excluding suspended/injured players)". So I can see plenty of teams taking hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Just worth noting that you'll lose maybe 0.3 million on Haaland if you transfer him for one week. Personally I am benching him even though I will wildcard next week, will take a -4 this week to get 10 playing hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I've left my WC team in draft overnight. There's been price rises since, i.e. Kane is no 11.5. If I commit my transfers now, do I get Kane for 11.4, or 11.5?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Unless he was officially transferred in, then it's going to be 11.5 to bring him in

Draft isn't good enough to get his previous price

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Thought so, thanks! 0.4m lost. Bollix. Wonder what would happen if my new team went over the budget, say the new price changes left me -0.1m? I'm guessing an error message would occur blocking me

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Tempted by Williams to Gomez for -4. If we get concrete Konate news before deadline, I'll do it. Although don't see him being dropped now even if It Konate is fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Yes exactly - you'd just be blocked out from all of them and say you're out of budget

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Had 2 FT, so benched Haaland, transferred out KdB and Saliba. Brought in Trossard and Veltman.

Have a full 11 without taking a hit, so happy enough with that. Just not sure who to put as my captain now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,674 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Anyone looking at Harvey Barnes as a Maddison replacement?

The other options are underwhelming for various reasons....Trossard, Mount, Almiron etc

Advertisement