Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 7/Pixel 7 Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭iHungry

I'm using mailboxde for the first time, do I need to deposit money first or wait for them to receive it and they will notify me to deposit the money? I don't really want to deposit money incase my order gets cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

From what I understand you can either auto dispatch which will send it automatically when they receive it and you'd need a balance for that (and pay the auto dispatch fee) or else wait until they receive it and they'll email you and you can then pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭captainneutron

Thanks for that. Can't see why they would cancel it as I put it thru as a new number order. Only got them cos I wanted the hazel one. I'll get onto live chat if I haven't seen any movement by this as afternoon

Most watches back in stock on the store the day after the promo ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

yeah i guess they had set aside a number of them for the promotion and that was it.. kinda relieved i didnt go the route of ordering now and selling the watch as there probably isnt a lot of buyers interested in it.. with recents phones anyway its pointless changing every year as the specs are only moving slowly.. 2 years is the min unless you drop or damage the phone some way.. that said i love tech and the itch the upgrade never goes away far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

i think the issue is the size of the watch.. they probably couldnt get a bigger battery in it..

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

Yeah, that's definitely it. Would have had to be significantly bigger to accommodate a multi day battery like the Galaxy Watch 5 pro. It is huge and would probably look a little silly on a smaller wrist.

Hopefully there will be some software breakthrough on some future version of Wear OS to make it way more efficient somehow, but I wouldn't hold my breath!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,126 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I have the 44mm Galaxy Watch 4 and it's probably a little big for me. Would prefer something smaller but had read the battery life on the smaller Samsung watch was terrible too. Hopefully they can make some improvements in that area soon as I could be tempted by a future version of the Pixel Watch if they can fix the issues. Especially if they're giving it away for free with a new Pixel phone, the first 6 months or so with the 6 Pro were a bit rocky but it's fairly solid now and I'd be happy to stick with Pixel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭TheRona

My German order was delivered this morning. Was a bit concerned after reading horror stories about DHL orders taking forever, but all worked out well.

• Advertisement

Awesome. Delivered to Germany or to you? Still waiting on mine from Germany. Hasn't moved since Friday night according to the tracking site on GLS. Was hoping it would have moved last night but I guess I'll be waiting a little longer yet.

They say it's a 4 working day delivery to Ireland which would mean it should be here Thursday at the latest but hopefully it'll land in Ireland tonight for delivery tomorrow.

Delivered to me in Dublin. My friend just missed the cutoff at DHL in Germany last Thursday, so it didn't take too long in the end.

That's right. I remember you had a friend send it instead. It's hard to remember what each person ordered or what their delivery plan was!

What did you go for in the end? Presume you're just setting things up now? Happy with how it looks in the flesh at least hopefully?

Went for Obsidian P7Pro. Straight into a Spigen Rugged Armor case, same as the last dozen phones I've had. Can't even tell any different to the P6Pro at first glance 😀

Had a quick play with the camera, will gave a good mess around later. Face lock seems pretty handy, and I'm not bothered by having to still use my fingerprint occasionally when paying etc. Just remember to turn on 'skip lock screen' for face unlock, otherwise it's not really any faster than using the fingerprint, as you would still need to tap the screen.

Post edited by TheRona on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I think a version of Tensor for the watch will be the eventual outcome(if they keep making watches!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Read rumours this morning of a pixel 7 ultra in production.. That would be a fair kick in the teeth to customers who've bought a pro if true

There's always something around the corner. No point holding off on buying something just because of the next thing on the way. Even if that is released, it will be a much higher price than the Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 johnnycullen

That's something we don't know (the price). Could be just the usual rumours, don't see the point in improving the camera that has been claimed as the best android camera in the market. But Google commercial decisions and logic don't necessarily go together. Anyways, if there is not a free watch for BF in Ireland I'm not going for it. No irish no dogs times are over.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭djr

i'm in the same boat. i ordered the pixel 5 two years ago on the back of the bose headphone deal. i still use both daily. was ready to pull the trigger on a 7 when they released, but Ireland really got the short end of the stick as far as deals are concerned. didn't fancy the amazon route, so i guess i'll hold off for a price drop. pixel 5 still works perfectly in any case, the time of quickly-ageing devices is in the past thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭djr

has anyone bought off the traders on adverts.ie? the prices are 70-80 below retail, are they grey imports or is something else going on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Only see one when searching for the Pro. €20 cheaper, possibly vodafone unlocked, or item received and not liked. Without Pixel watch, even if you got €100 (and hopefully more), don't see any bargains.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Mine appears, after being in mailboxde.com, to have spent a day in the Czech Republic, before arriving back in Germany tonight....!

That's the same as mine lol. Don't know what to make of that!

It can still be here within the 4 days as promised, but a very weird setup.

Talk about taking the scenic route here.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dmcar02

I ordered the 7 Pro from the Irish website yesterday. I bought the 6 Pro last year from the Irish website and subsequently received the headphones which I've never opened..

I wasn't that keen on the watch and while it's a kick in the teeth to not receive a sweetener, I think the phone is well priced. The value of the watch will fall dramatically as people try to sell them. The same happened last year, the BOSE 700 headphones were fetching half their value.

I just want transparency if anything goes wrong with the phone, from both a warranty and insurance perspective.

If you contact customer service with an issue with the phone, the first thing they look for is the order number. But it's great to see others who are Pixel fans and kudos to the efforts you all went to, I can't wait to receive mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I bought my wife the Pixel 7 on the Irish site and she is delighted with it coming from a nearly 4 year old P30 Pro. I'm pretty sure though due to EU laws that even if you bought it in Germany or any other country in the EU then you are entitled to the usual consumer rights with regards any issues/warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭adam240610

True, what's to say you didn't buy it when you were over in Germany?

One of my phone's has arrived in mailboxde and is ready to send, ordered Saturday. Suppose I might see it on Tuesday then!

Mine was shipped from Mailboxde on Friday and it still hasn't arrived in Ireland yet. According to the GLS tracking it went to the Czech Republic and then back to Germany as of yesterday...

Not sure if it was supposed to go that route but hopefully it'll be in Ireland by tonight for delivery tomorrow. Says 4 working days via GLS so that would be Thursday (If you don't include the Friday it was picked up).

Mine was dispatched yesterday morning and was picked up by the courier this morning. Should be with MailboxDE tomorrow and hopefully have it next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭RunDMC

Just curious where you got your case? I have had the Pixel 7 Pro since Thursday and they shine back and sides make me nervous. I never felt the need to have a case on my Pixel 5, but I need one now.

R

• Advertisement

Amazon Germany. All Spigen cases were 30% or so off last week. It cost €18 delivered, came within 3 days.

Advertisement