Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2023 Irish Gigs (Confirmed & Rumoured Events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

What is the capacity of the Aviva for concerts? I’ve been reading comments about ‘dynamic pricing’ that ticketmaster are using - should be illegal. Pure and utter price gouging.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

I doubt she'd play there after the last sh1t show. I wouldn't be surprised if she played Belfast and skipped down here all together after the last one

Is there any chance of PINK playing here, see her European tour has not Irish dates.... could she get a date in Croke Park I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

With it not being until next summer there's bound to be people who drop out cos of illness, holiday plans etc. Could be production holds released lot closer to the gig too. Hope you get sorted! :)

• Advertisement

Her cheque wasn't affected by the ticket sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

The Def Lepp/Crue tour first euro date looks to have been leaked Bramall Lane, Sheffield in late May.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Maybe Shania Twain will travel over. Be weird not to after the succes of Gareth Brocks. Ticketmaster have a page up. Dunno if that means anything

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/shania-twain-tickets/artist/945610

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

There are big gaps in their 2023 schedule, there is a 2 week empty gap in Mid June, and the current schedule end on July 20th.

i’d agree, they are very likely to play here, 2 nights minimum in Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Mike3549

Calculated guess (and rumours). There's a 2 week gap in their tour right after Cardiff (I think) and no Dublin or London (!!!!!!!!!) Dates. Tickets won't be cheap, thats why you announce that just before Christmas.

Edit: I see Fafy explained it quicker. Good man

• Advertisement

I get that, and I cant complain I got 4 free tickets from MCD.... although her cheque was unaffected, it has to hurt your ego when you're playing 3 nights to 3/4 of a stadium and no doubt 1/2 of those tickets where free!!

On a side note she did a great show, id buy tickets to her this time around if they aren't extortionately priced like the last time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,387 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Interesting, wonder will they play one of the days of Download on the tour

Regarding an Irish show we'll have to wait and see. Hard seeing places like the RDS and Aviva been available around that time of year with the Rugby. Bruce's RDS shows earlier that month so never know

Pity Poison aren't going to be included for this leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Fanirish

it was, beyond a guarantee a stadium act takes % of sales after agreed costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Seriously doubt Coldplay are playing ireland at this stage. There's no reason why they would've held back announcing croke park gigs with the rest of their European tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Her cheque absolutely would have been affected. She'd still have gotten a significant payday for sure but poor sales equal a lesser return on the variable part of her payment.

More than that, it would seriously harm her ability to get the same deal next time out.

More than that, it would seriously harm her ability to get the same deal next time out.

If the tour tanked maybe, but 1 show? She'd just skip Ireland if she didn't get her rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Mike3549

The reason is money. For some people paying 200+ per ticket might be too pricey in september, but ok as a christmas present. And what about London? Theres no London date, do you think they will skip it too?

Look at some of the gigs in the past: the rolling stones in croker, there was no irish date when it was announced, because they were negotiating it with gaa, cos the max number of gigs was reached (thanks Taylor Swift). Robbie Williams with Olly Murs in Aviva, same thing, no irish date. Too many big stars announced their gigs just before Christmas, once Christmas was gone and other acts sold out all their tickets, they announced the date.

If they announced Coldplay first and I managed to get the tickets, I wouldn't spend more money on Arctic Monkeys, possibly Taylor Swift for my daughter and missus, p!nk(???) And possibly others. But if they drip-feed acts one at the time... Different story

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Zardoz

She got what she deserved, she is insanely greedy.

The Verified Fan debacle she had last tour in the US was utterly disgusting.

Exploiting her fans for as much money as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Yes her tickets were expensive. Ticketmaster came up with the verified fan idea and ran it as a pilot with Swift for her concerts. I’ve just splashed out on two standing tickets for Bruce Springsteen for relatives that are more expensive that Taylor’s tickets were and they’re only for standing. At least at Taylor in 2018 I had a brilliant seat in the middle of the action. Well worth the money imo if you’re a fan. If there’s extortion this time - it’ll also be ticketmaster new ‘dynamic’ pricing model. I also think the Irish public were asleep at the wheel in 2018 - forking out to see Ed Sheeran in fields playing his loop machine verses Taylor’s massive production in Croker. I think it’ll be a different story this time around though if she does come. I’m actually fearful she won’t after the sh**show of 2018 Croke park night 2.

Tbf, she'd followed up one of the greatest pop albums of all time with the bloated pile of garbage that was reputation, just a bad album that turned a lot of casuals off, luckily she's been knocking it out of the park with the last few albums and a midsummer night's dream themed tour based around those should shift tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,509 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Night 2 and 3 interest me the most

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Would money not be a factor for other venues too? Don’t think they held back announcement when they played croker last time. I’d imagine the reason no london this time is that they played 6 (I think) nights at Wembley stadium only last august. I do agree the gap in their schedule leaves a bit of hope though.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Kilteragh

Would she have a variable part? I would have thought a star as big as her would just name her price and the promoter pays it. Tickets sales are then the promoter's problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,387 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Got a ticket for Trivium, another one of the 2000s bands I would of listened too and never got the chance to see them live yet

Never thought I'd be going to see them live in The Helix of all places but there we go. Suppose other suitable venues might be booked up. Little unusual it took them so long to announce the Irish dates when the UK dates have been pencilled in a good while now

Setlist is missing some of my favourite tracks but the stuff been played sounds great

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I'm pretty sure Coldplays last gig was announced seperately to other gigs so it will probably be the same this time. They would definitely fill two Croker this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

They literally played 6 nights in London a few months back so don't be shocked if they skip it on the 2nd leg.

I see your logic and if thats the case, great stuff. Croke park was the most lucrative gig on their last tour and to leave it out purely for money reasons would be a missed opportunity for them. Particularly as they'd easily sell it iut twice over.

Someone mentioned coldplay announcing their last Irish gig standalone. If I'm not mistaken i don't think that's the case. I vaguely remember some cryptic video with an Irish flag in it along with other flags. Similar to how they had a cryptic vid this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

They did about 6 Wembley stadiums this year, so hardly scope for more in London, and they are doing 6 other UK gigs next year between Manchester & Cardiff, but can see additional gigs being added, in that 2 week mid June gap, & after the last one currently scheduled for July 19th.

Assuming its Croke Park, what are the revised “banned timeframes” for gigs there with the various matches on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Every big act now takes a guarantee plus every possible penny after agreed costs and promoter %. No income source is left dry including ticketmaster fee %. So that €7 per ticket is split between ticketmaster, rebate to promoter and sometimes big act requests %.

funny story that Peter Kay has it written into his contract that he gets money from the car parks of every arena he plays .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Got 2 tickets myself just there for trivium,

I created a playlist of the current set list if you want to use it,

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7rsx9mjmbgv48jF1AXVI7R?si=l6Loah-HTVagq-yzWkLXfA&utm_source=copy-link

Cant wait to see them. (It will be my 2nd time)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

feel like was announced as part of other dates the last time

yea they would defo fill two nights

Advertisement